Welcome to Gaia! ::

have you been rapped?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 9, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

HackySackMaster
Ok, stay with me here on this one.

Other than because its what you've been taught, how do you justify rape being wrong? Just because you don't do it, that doesn't mean that something, anything, is anymore or less wrong. For example, lets say, I said something like, "Sky diving? Hell no I don't sky dive. Its stupid, wrong, unnatural, and people die while doing it. I hate everyone that does it." You would say that I'm stupid and closed minded. What is it about rape that people are so quick to admonish?

Because rape is forcibly having sexual intercourse (Which should always be consentual) against the others will. Its like being forced to do somthing really bad. You cant just compare somthing random like sky diving to rape, thats unethical.
Deathdoor

Okay. You're seriously asking for flames there, which involve several people wishing rape upon you. Its an extremely horrible thing that can happen to you, and those who have been raped before would rather suffer unmeasurable torture than be raped again.

I don't care that you think it's bad. Tell me why it is.
fluffykitty00
i was rapped and i am scared. i have told my mom and all that stuff...but he was a very good friend of mine and well he knows where i live and stuff and i am scared he will come after me or something....

It's spelled 'raped.' Anyway, there are a few things I would definately suggest...
1. Telling the police. Even if he was your friend, he still raped you. If he raped you, is he really your friend?
2. Talk to a psychologist or doctor. Someone like that. They're not allowed to tell anyone else about what you tell them, so don't worry. All they can do is help.
3. If it's really traumatizing, you could try finding a rape support group. That helps some people.
4. If you are afraid of him coming after you, don't walk alone where he might find you! When you're going to school, have your mother drive you. Walk home with your friends. Never go anyone with just him. Never let other people leave you alone with him.
5. If you still want him to be your friend, it might help to try to talk to him about it. But, make sure you do this either with a psychologist or a very trusting friend. He may have been scared or thought you wanted it, especially if he's your friend.

I really hope I can help... Rape is such a horrible thing. I'd rather be shot in the arm than raped. You seem to be taking it well.

Sorry to go off topic like this, but Blind Guardian, your signature picture is absolutely beautiful. It slightly resembles Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, but more original. I love it.
Deathdoor
HackySackMaster
Ok, stay with me here on this one.

Other than because its what you've been taught, how do you justify rape being wrong? Just because you don't do it, that doesn't mean that something, anything, is anymore or less wrong. For example, lets say, I said something like, "Sky diving? Hell no I don't sky dive. Its stupid, wrong, unnatural, and people die while doing it. I hate everyone that does it." You would say that I'm stupid and closed minded. What is it about rape that people are so quick to admonish?

Okay. You're seriously asking for flames there, which involve several people wishing rape upon you. Its an extremely horrible thing that can happen to you, and those who have been raped before would rather suffer unmeasurable torture than be raped again.

Now, to answer the first post, Hell no rape isnt okay, and personally, I recommend a Colt .45. Nothing says no better than a gun in your face. And its self defense if he's bigger than you, which means if he still comes for you you could shoot him and have a hell of a good chance of getting away with it. As long as you only shot him as little as possible.
knifes cut, but dont kill
Artist Of The Crypt

Because rape is forcibly having sexual intercourse (Which should always be consentual) against the others will. Its like being forced to do somthing really bad. You cant just compare somthing random like sky diving to rape, thats unethical.

Ok its forced sex. Now in your post you said that sex should be contentual, why? And you said "Its like being forced to do somthing really bad." Is sex really bad? If it is, why do people do it all the time? Unless it is, you have no point.
Saint8
What the ********? No, rape is not okay. There should be no question in your mind.

I also agree with Blind, 100%. It's pretty hard to believe someone when they talk about that online. It just seems too fake.

Whether it's fake or not, there's still the chance that she's telling the truth. So, what if she is being honest? You're not helping. As for it being fake, it's better to try to help and then let it die. Then, they'll be less likely to post again.
HackySackMaster
Ok its forced sex. Now in your post you said that sex should be contentual, why? And you said "Its like being forced to do somthing really bad." Is sex really bad? If it is, why do people do it all the time? Unless it is, you have no point.

Because humanity has decreed that if we are to survive in relative peace and happiness, sex must be something you consent to. Because otherwise it is a painful and traumatic experience. In order for EVERYONE to lead a pleasant life, you CANNOT force pain and distress on another person.

There's your damned point.
G.i.l.d.e.r
crystalhellion
Hell no. I can understand why you asked, though... being a victim myself. Still... it's never ok.

You need to get the authorities involved. I know it can be very traumatic, scary... but if he knows where you live, then you're not safe as long as he's in a position to get to you again. Whatever you do, you can't let anyone bully or guilt-trip you about this.
did u have a baby after you got rapped? or was the person who rapped you more thoughtfull?
I'm very much incapable of becoming pregnant. The fact that I don't have the right equipment pretty much explains that.

There's nothing "thoughtful" about rape... it's vile, sometimes sleazy or sometimes violent, but always an earth-shattering experience for any victim of it, and always utterly wrong. I still struggle with it every day, even though it happened to me almost a decade ago.
HackySackMaster
Artist Of The Crypt

oooooooowwwwwww, you got served!
HackySackMaster
Artist Of The Crypt

Bullshit. I don't care what philosophical angle you take on this; the subjugation of another person for your own enjoyment, whether by physical means, mental means, or emotional means, is by definition one of the most repugnant act a human can perpetrate. It is intrinsically, wholly, totally wrong. There is nothing, nothing, that can ever justify something like that.
-Blind Guardian-

Because humanity has decreed that if we are to survive in relative peace and happiness, sex must be something you consent to. Because otherwise it is a painful and traumatic experience. In order for EVERYONE to lead a pleasant life, you CANNOT force pain and distress on another person.

There's your damned point.

So what you're telling me is that the only reason that rape is bad, is beucase you've been told that it is. Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if it was really bad or not. Have you're post I have concluded that rape really isn't that bad becuase there's no real reason to not do it. Society deems it wrong? Well society deems homosexuality wrong, and people will defend that to the death. Point there? Society's decrees are not an absolute prefection.
crystalhellion
G.i.l.d.e.r
crystalhellion
Hell no. I can understand why you asked, though... being a victim myself. Still... it's never ok.

You need to get the authorities involved. I know it can be very traumatic, scary... but if he knows where you live, then you're not safe as long as he's in a position to get to you again. Whatever you do, you can't let anyone bully or guilt-trip you about this.
did u have a baby after you got rapped? or was the person who rapped you more thoughtfull?
I'm very much incapable of becoming pregnant. The fact that I don't have the right equipment pretty much explains that.

There's nothing "thoughtful" about rape... it's vile, sometimes sleazy or sometimes violent, but always an earth-shattering experience for any victim of it, and always utterly wrong. I still struggle with it every day, even though it happened to me almost a decade ago.
not, really when you say there's nothing "Thoughtful" about rape, some people "rape" because they feel as if they ask the person they raped, would you have sex with me they would say no, so they do it themself's, but thats only in a situation where if your going out with someone, and you dont want sex
HackySackMaster
Artist Of The Crypt

No Sex isnt bad, Rape is bad. Sex was not designed for rape okay. Sex should be consentual so both sides can enjoy it sex is meant for both people to enjoy, and rape is not enjoyable. Sex was desinged for pleasure for both people having sex, not for one person to have it against their will.
HackySackMaster
So what you're telling me is that the only reason that rape is bad, is beucase you've been told that it is. Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if it was really bad or not. Have you're post I have concluded that rape really isn't that bad becuase there's no real reason to not do it. Society deems it wrong? Well society deems homosexuality wrong, and people will defend that to the death. Point there? Society's decrees are not an absolute prefection.
IF it ever happened to you (which it easily could - guys get raped too, just not as frequently as women), you'd change your tune faster than I could blink.
DagdaIV
Bullshit. I don't care what philosophical angle you take on this; the subjugation of another person for your own enjoyment, whether by physical means, mental means, or emotional means, is by definition one of the most repugnant act a human can perpetrate. It is intrinsically, wholly, totally wrong. There is nothing, nothing, that can ever justify something like that.

Instead of typing all of that, you could have just said, "No. Other than society telling me its wrong, I have no reason to hate rape." It would've saved you some time which is important to you. I'm sure you have some other people to yell at and rant to because of society telling you what to beileve. I can say this because its aparent that you've already cut thinking out of your normal daily actions. I'm just going off you I'm seeing here.

What I'm looking for is a reason that rape is bad. And because society says isn't a good answer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff