Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, is it wrong to not love your family?
If your family loves you, it's probably not that great to not love them back. If they <i>don't</i> love you, then it's fine. I mean, you're not going to love your next door neighbour if they never give your existence a second thought.

4,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Er, yeah?
nah. I don't think that it's wrong. I hate my family intensely and they hate me. So the feeling's mutual.

I suppose I should love my family, but i felt evil when my grandad died cos i felt nothing. Didn't affect me. Didn't even go to the funeral... but I wasn't bothered that I hated him, just felt guilty. Couldn't help it though...

Shadowy Enchantress

29,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
no it's not - being family doesn't mean anything, all it is is another group yu happen to be living with and if yu don't like the members then that's normal. i hate most members of my family
I dont know about being wrong but I think you should love your family. some people dont have good parents at all but i think its still good to love them even if they dont love you. cause at least if you love them then youll wont spend your time hating them or being mad. its just better to love them.
I couldn`t say, cause I`m in the same positon. I have a father that lives in Oklahoma and says he loves me and all that jazz, but I don`t care for him in the least.....It`s most likely cause he`s never here or anything but oh well, screw him......sorry ....emotion throwup
lucy4s
I dont know about being wrong but I think you should love your family. some people dont have good parents at all but i think its still good to love them even if they dont love you. cause at least if you love them then youll wont spend your time hating them or being mad. its just better to love them.

Yes but some people can't possibly love their families. Some situations and things that their families have done to them restrict that...
Not really.. there is the whole saying that if someone does not respect your life.. why should you show tem even the slightest of respect. Being family doesn't give you any, "okay to neglect,' passes.... if someone is misstreating you in your family.. you mistreat tehm right back.. their not entitled to any speacial treatment.

Your friend should try talking to his father about that whole issue. before anything that they still have as a family is lost.
Bian_Isaura
well, this is kinda in relation to a friend of mine. The situation is that this friend is pretty much an only child and lives with their father. Yet their dad is a very important business man and has very little if any time in to pay attention to them. And another interesting thing to note is that when my friend ended up in the hospital, he says his dad didn't really care or become more involved in his life even after he could have possibly died.

nothing is necessarily wrong. That's just how it is. If you don't feel love for those people, then you don't feel love for those people.
i guess so but i still think you should make the attempt cause its better than being mad.
Yes it is ok, sometimes it's better not to love your family. Especially since you can't choose who you're biologically related to. Like your friend, they are given a not-so-great father, why should they care when he won't?
I don't think it's wrong. I'm an only child and I live with my mom, who I hate and she hates me, too. Everytime she's in a bad mood, I'm always the one who gets hurt. crying
It depends. Oftentimes true family is not one of blood. Besides, if you believe in reincarnation at least, family isn't always as meaningful as you think.

But you should sorta love them...
Bian_Isaura
well, this is kinda in relation to a friend of mine. The situation is that this friend is pretty much an only child and lives with their father. Yet their dad is a very important business man and has very little if any time in to pay attention to them. And another interesting thing to note is that when my friend ended up in the hospital, he says his dad didn't really care or become more involved in his life even after he could have possibly died.

I don't think so. It depends on the circumstances. But, I don't think it's fair if you're EXPECTED to love and care for someone, just because you're related. You still should be greateful that they take care of you and provide you with shelter, food, clothes (And in people that're here, a computer)...But that's different from love. It'd be stupid to pretend to love them just to get stuff, too. Actually, it'd be pathetic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff