Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mika Talanis
funwithforkz
"Blood mouth?" Seriously? If the vegans using this term really cared about other people not being vegan they wouldn't alienate them. rolleyes

There are bigots everywhere, from all social classes and every walk of life. Its a sad truth.

And unfortunately the bigots are louder than those who are tolerant.
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
I think it's silly.

I could understand why you would want to but it's just not practical.

I think it's more questionable what a vegan's position on Abortion is.

I mean if taking the life of an animal is wrong what about a human baby?

The concepts are not connected. Its not 'a taking of a life', its 'eating of another member of the animal kingdom'. Unless you are eating aborted fetuses there is no correlation here.

Isn't the whole problem with eating animals that you're... killing them?

I mean that's not all vegetarians but that's a lot of them.

Really the problem is that you are eating the flesh of your fellow animal. See, a core belief is that all members of the animal kingdom are the same. No one species is better than the other. As a result, its the eating of their flesh that we're opposed to. There are those who are opposed to the entire idea of killing, and I admit there was a time when I thought of it in a similar way, but its more the inhumane slaughter from mass production. Still its more about the eating than the killing. In my mind, at least, its no different than going to your neighbor's house and cutting off a chunk of him to fry up.
prof-whoriarty
Mika Talanis
The concepts are not connected. Its not 'a taking of a life', its 'eating of another member of the animal kingdom'.
are you implying that if we were to go out and kill every animal we see but not use the meat that that would be okay?
doesn't that seem like a waste of a life?
shouldn't you put it to use if it's going to die?

He was asking about the stance on abortion. For many its not about the killing, its the eating of your neighbor. You wouldn't go to your neighbor's home and cut a piece off of him to fry up, so why would you do it to another member of the animal kingdom? Yes for some its a combination of the two, but usually the moral opposition comes from the fact that they are killed inhumanely and they are made to suffer. When comparing that with say abortion it doesn't fit because there is no suffering involved. Personally i don't really take issue with those who hunt their own food or buy from local farmers, because the animals are treated properly.

Fanatical Zealot

Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
I think it's silly.

The concepts are not connected. Its not 'a taking of a life', its 'eating of another member of the animal kingdom'. Unless you are eating aborted fetuses there is no correlation here.

Really the problem is that you are eating the flesh of your fellow animal. See, a core belief is that all members of the animal kingdom are the same. No one species is better than the other. As a result, its the eating of their flesh that we're opposed to. There are those who are opposed to the entire idea of killing, and I admit there was a time when I thought of it in a similar way, but its more the inhumane slaughter from mass production. Still its more about the eating than the killing. In my mind, at least, its no different than going to your neighbor's house and cutting off a chunk of him to fry up.

So... killing animals for fun is no problem, but eating them is?
prof-whoriarty
Mika Talanis
Fireweed_honey
GunsmithKitten
You think that's the worst thing Vegans have come up with?

They're apparently planning genocide.

Vegan Earth 2019 movement

Snipped for length.

Only want to say: God is not Vegan. He had no problem with the sacrificial lamb and whatnot.

Not to mention the fact that those crazies DO NOT represent all Vegans.
nope but it's enough of them for them to feel confident that they can commit genocide.
that sounds like an awful lot of them.

Not really. Lets take Muslims as an example. When you compare the extremists with those who are not extreme, you find the latter far out numbers the former. However it is the former you hear about most because of their actions. Or take the Westboro Baptist Church. They picket funerals, does that mean that since they're confident in their actions there are 'a lot' of therm? No. They just happen to be the ones to attract attention.
funwithforkz
Mika Talanis
funwithforkz
"Blood mouth?" Seriously? If the vegans using this term really cared about other people not being vegan they wouldn't alienate them. rolleyes

There are bigots everywhere, from all social classes and every walk of life. Its a sad truth.

That is another sad truth. Its that way regardless of whether you're dealing with a lifestyle, a religion, or anything else.

Aged Lunatic

Mika Talanis

Animals are not my neighbors.

They have no issue tearing other animals limb from limb, injecting venom into them before eating them whole, or crushing them.

All I have to do is see the fate of those (both human and animal) who come across venomous snakes, large cats, poisonous spiders, and the like.

Aged Lunatic

Mika Talanis
funwithforkz
Mika Talanis
funwithforkz

That is another sad truth. Its that way regardless of whether you're dealing with a lifestyle, a religion, or anything else.

The non-bigots have to take some responsibility as well, however; they have to shout down the idiots, they have to respond even faster to show "Hey, this guy is off his nut and it's not what we believe." and let the guy in question know he's not welcome in the cause.
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
I think it's silly.

Sure, as long as you're fine with that being applied to all animals, humans included.

I'm also guessing you didn't really read. I didn't say it is not ever at all related to killing another animal. I said its more in regards to the eating of their flesh. I cannot speak for all, which is why I made it clear that this was my view, I am morally opposed to mass production and slaughter, and have stated that hunting them and buying from a local farmer is more acceptable to me.

Fanatical Zealot

Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
I think it's silly.

Sure, as long as you're fine with that being applied to all animals, humans included.

I'm also guessing you didn't really read. I didn't it is not ever at all related to killing another animal. I said its more in regards to the eating of their flesh. I cannot speak for all, which is why I made it clear that this was my view, I am morally opposed to mass production and slaughter, and have stated that hunting them and buying from a local farmer is more acceptable to me.

The most dangerous game.

Man. ninja
Mika Talanis
prof-whoriarty
Mika Talanis
The concepts are not connected. Its not 'a taking of a life', its 'eating of another member of the animal kingdom'.
are you implying that if we were to go out and kill every animal we see but not use the meat that that would be okay?
doesn't that seem like a waste of a life?
shouldn't you put it to use if it's going to die?

He was asking about the stance on abortion.

and humans, according to you, are on equal planes to one another, meaning that if you're okay with killing human fetuses than you should be fine with killing other animals as long as we're not eating them, since that's your problem with it apparently.
Quote:
For many its not about the killing, its the eating of your neighbor.

they're not our neighbor. I have no emotional connection with the chicken that I'm currently cooking as I reply to you. this chicken never lived near me, I never spoke to it, I have no way of communicating with it at all. it was literally born to die so that way we could consume it.
Quote:
You wouldn't go to your neighbor's home and cut a piece off of him to fry up,

I ******** hate my neighbors, actually. If I were starving and for some reason there was no food left anywhere other than our fellow man, my neighbors would be the first to be on a frying pan.
Quote:
so why would you do it to another member of the animal kingdom?

because it's the circle of life, we've got to eat. Plants are alive as well and there have been studies done that showed that they have emotions just the same as animals [source]. If I chose to not eat anything else out of remorse then I'd literally die of starvation. humans need to eat, bottom line.
Quote:
Yes for some its a combination of the two, but usually the moral opposition comes from the fact that they are killed inhumanely and they are made to suffer.

they aren't human, so why should we go out of the way to treat them humanely? Have you ever worked on a farm that breeds animals to eat them? I've personally helped my friend clean her pig pen (she's feeding them to fatten them up before they're sold for slaughter to make her school money for funds) and let me tell you, it's a pain in the a** to get it halfway decent seeming. pampering them while they're alive would take far too much energy, especially considering how many animals usually are in a place like that. it's a lot of ******** work and takes a lot of time and energy that most people just don't have. you've got to be realistic.
Quote:
When comparing that with say abortion it doesn't fit because there is no suffering involved.

you're right, it's just murdering a fellow human being right before it has the chance to have a life of its own.
please keep in mind that I'm not personally against abortion, though.
Quote:
Personally i don't really take issue with those who hunt their own food or buy from local farmers, because the animals are treated properly.

No they aren't treated very well at local farms. I've been and worked in local farms before and let me tell you that the living arrangements aren't exactly nice; the stalls are really small, the pens aren't exactly clean, they're given dirty water and hardly any attention. it's still not exactly an ideal life for the animals to live before being murdered and I would in no way consider it humane seeing as though we'd never allow a human being to be treated that way.

and I'd like to know why you're okay with hunting, just out of curiosity?
GunsmithKitten
Mika Talanis

Animals are not my neighbors.

Really? Where do you live, the polar ice cap where there isn't another living soul for hundreds of miles, regardless of species? Or did you just fail science miserably and have no clue that homo sapiens are members of the animal kingdom and as such are animals?

GunsmithKitten
They have no issue tearing other animals limb from limb, injecting venom into them before eating them whole, or crushing them.

This is irrelevant. Other animals do not have the higher brain function to understand that what they are doing to each other is unacceptable.
GunsmithKitten
Mika Talanis
funwithforkz
Mika Talanis
funwithforkz

The non-bigots have to take some responsibility as well, however; they have to shout down the idiots, they have to respond even faster to show "Hey, this guy is off his nut and it's not what we believe." and let the guy in question know he's not welcome in the cause.

Yes, and pointing out that they're crazies, or bigots, and that their ideals are not held by the whole is doing exactly that. I am trying very hard to not take umbrage with you and your attitude, after you showed such ignorance and bigotry before, lumping us all together like you did, but it isn't easy because you come across with quite an attitude problem.

Shameless Mystic

Mika Talanis
False Dichotomy
I find it hilarious that these same people are often vocally atheist, and have rageboners to call out religious folks trying to force their moralities on others.

Oh, partiality.

Moral of the story, if you get insulted by a vegan for eating meat, ask them what their stance on abortion is. Watch them squirm.

Why would a vegan squirm over that? Since when do humans eat their aborted fetuses?
Does it not strike you as hypocritical to lash out at people for killing animals, yet still scoff at pro lifers?
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1
Mika Talanis
Suicidesoldier#1

I'm also guessing you didn't really read. I didn't it is not ever at all related to killing another animal. I said its more in regards to the eating of their flesh. I cannot speak for all, which is why I made it clear that this was my view, I am morally opposed to mass production and slaughter, and have stated that hunting them and buying from a local farmer is more acceptable to me.

The most dangerous game.

Man. ninja

I have to admit that made me laugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out