Welcome to Gaia! ::

black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Yoshpet
I imagine a most ironic scene of several vegan friends eating waffles with maple syrup and referring to their omnivorous peers as "bloodmouths".

I guess it's just hard to feel bad about killing something that doesn't have a face.

What do normal people eat on waffles?

The point they were making, is that they used maple syrup. Which is made from the sap of maple trees. Sap being the trees' functional equivalent to blood in animals. They're eating their waffles with tree blood.

Are we ignoring the fact that that is factually incorrect for comedic effect?

Dedicated Loiterer

5,000 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Yoshpet
I imagine a most ironic scene of several vegan friends eating waffles with maple syrup and referring to their omnivorous peers as "bloodmouths".

I guess it's just hard to feel bad about killing something that doesn't have a face.

The point they were making, is that they used maple syrup. Which is made from the sap of maple trees. Sap being the trees' functional equivalent to blood in animals. They're eating their waffles with processed tree blood. And yet condemning meat-eaters for being "blood-mouths".

It's hypocritical.

Thank you. Haha.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Yoshpet

The point they were making, is that they used maple syrup. Which is made from the sap of maple trees. Sap being the trees' functional equivalent to blood in animals. They're eating their waffles with tree blood.

What is the function of blood? To transport oxygen and nutrients throughout the body of an animal, correct?

Wikipedia article on tree sap defines tree sap as:

Wikipedia
Sap is a fluid transported in xylem cells (tracheids or vessel elements) or phloem sieve tube elements of a plant. The xylem cells transport water and nutrients throughout the plant.

No, we're not ignoring anything. It's ******** tree blood.
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Yoshpet

What is the function of blood? To transport oxygen and nutrients throughout the body of an animal, correct?

Wikipedia
Sap is a fluid transported in xylem cells (tracheids or vessel elements) or phloem sieve tube elements of a plant. The xylem cells transport water and nutrients throughout the plant.

Functional equivalents to a point, perhaps, but when blood is defined as it is, the equivocation becomes less than accurate. It was mostly that that I was making a point of, that and face-saving.
I'm a jain vegetarian/fruitarian. I love animals and nature and don't want to harm anyone. I respect others' choices about eating too. I don't think anyone should judge anyone else. I simply choose to live as peacefully as I can.
Je Nique vos Merdiers
I'm a vegetarian, and really the only reason I'm not a vegan is because I work at a non-vegan bakery.

That term is awesome, I've been wondering if there were any good words like that.

Animals that eat meat are either not capable of eating a plant-based diet and do not possess the cognitive capacity to understand why eating meat would be bad.
Besides, they eat meat from nature, not from industrial meat farms, and they also don't have populations of 7 billion.

No, I don't go around telling everyone what bastards they are. Most people are too stupid to grasp the concept that humans probably aren't going to be around much longer.
But since you're asking, yes, you are selfish for eating meat, there are no reasons, only excuses.

also, in b4 "sustainable meat"

My Ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat grass like a sheep.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Fermionic

Wikipedia

Functional equivalents to a point, perhaps, but when blood is defined as it is, the equivocation becomes less than accurate. It was mostly that that I was making a point of, that and face-saving.

It's blood, so far as a plant can have blood. It's certainly going to be different than it would be in an animal, but functionally, it's about as close as it gets.

So think of a vegan pouring syrup on a waffle, the same way a vegan would think of me pouring processed blood over a steak.
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel

Wikipedia

It's blood, so far as a plant can have blood. It's certainly going to be different than it would be in an animal, but functionally, it's about as close as it gets.

So think of a vegan pouring syrup on a waffle, the same way a vegan would think of me pouring processed blood over a steak.

I'm not so dense as to not understand the point you are making. More that I am in a mood to be generally difficult.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Hey, if they wanna live like rabbits, that's their failure as a human being.
Just don't look surprised when I come by with a shotgun and a couple dogs around rabbit season.
"Duck season."
"Rabbit season!"
"Rrrrrabbit season."
"Duck season, FIRE!!"

Had to be done.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
AsuraSyn

Hey, if they wanna live like rabbits, that's their failure as a human being.
Just don't look surprised when I come by with a shotgun and a couple dogs around rabbit season.
"Duck season."
"Rabbit season!"
"Rrrrrabbit season."
"Duck season, FIRE!!"

Had to be done.

> Insinuating that Pyramid head would have to view them as rabbits...

Caring Vet

20,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm not vegan, but I am vegetarian, and I don't like associating with vegans OR vegetarians who act all high and mighty. I've never heard of that slur before, but yes, I find it incredibly insulting. I don't find it disgusting that other people eat meat at all, especially those who absolutely require meat in their diet to survive (like the Inuits. I mean seriously, they live in Arctic regions where it's IMPOSSIBLE to grow plants for food). Some people try to cut down on how much meat they eat a week (particularly red meat), and I think that's great.
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Tadpole Jackson
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Tadpole Jackson
Selfish and proud, brother.

Hey, that's really awesome and everything, but I didn't write a single letter of that post for you, so I actually really don't care about anything you have to say here. Please don't respond to me ever again.

It's funny that people talk about how vegans are annoying, but I will never tell you that I don't eat meat unless you ask.

Of course, people like Tadpole Jackhole here are a dime a dozen, and there never fails to be some super cool guy meat eater that has to meet every "I don't eat meat" with "for every cow you don't eat I'm going to eat three" kind of s**t. Seriously, go take a look through the thread, see how many actual vegans there are insulting meat-eaters (yes, you can count my post), and how many meat eaters there are insulting vegans. The meat-eaters are infinitely louder. I don't run around going on about my dietary habits, so shut the ******** up because I don't ******** care about yours.

Yeah but you'll noticed that the 'meat eaters' don't get nearly as bent out of shape as the leaf-eaters about this kind of thing.

I'm being snarky, you seem genuinely upset.

also, there's evidence to suggest that plants do, in fact, feel pain, and signal nearby plants when they experience it.

I really intended to write that first post and not respond afterwards, but people that write terrible, dumb s**t on ED do make me upset. I didn't ask who was a meat-eater in the ED and don't care, so don't tell me.

it's an open discussion, you don't get to decide who replies.
Queen Shining Heaven
It doesn't surprise me; a lot of vegans are so self-righteous about their veganism. If you hate eating meat, fine, more power to you, but eating meat doesn'tt make me a bad person; it makes me human

err I hope that you are aware that "being human" is an insult -.-. The most atrocious things in life are all done by human. It would actually be a compliment to say someone is Inhuman. Sadly many people misuse that word..

Golden Citizen

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
ChiyuriYami
Queen Shining Heaven
It doesn't surprise me; a lot of vegans are so self-righteous about their veganism. If you hate eating meat, fine, more power to you, but eating meat doesn'tt make me a bad person; it makes me human

err I hope that you are aware that "being human" is an insult -.-. The most atrocious things in life are all done by human. It would actually be a compliment to say someone is Inhuman. Sadly many people misuse that word..

Implying that human beings are only capable of evil
Queen Shining Heaven
ChiyuriYami
Queen Shining Heaven

Implying that human beings are only capable of evil

nope. Implying that human beings are the only one capable of evil.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff