Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avgvsto
Queen Shining Heaven
Avgvsto
Queen Shining Heaven
Did you draw the picture in your sig, it's really nice.

No, it's from Deviantart
oh, umm, I'm not exactly sure what that means but please compliment the artist for me
deviantart is a website where artists upload pictures
she's saying that someone on there drew it

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Avgvsto
Queen Shining Heaven
Avgvsto
Queen Shining Heaven
Did you draw the picture in your sig, it's really nice.

No, it's from Deviantart
oh, umm, I'm not exactly sure what that means but please compliment the artist for me

Oh, sorry, Deviantart is a site for people who like to draw. ou can post art and they have clubs and groups and stuff

Shy Fairy

Suicidesoldier#1
I think it's silly.

I could understand why you would want to but it's just not practical.

I think it's more questionable what a vegan's position on Abortion is.

I mean if taking the life of an animal is wrong what about a human baby?

And the same question goes for anti-abortionists who still eat meat. Why is it so different just because it's an animal outside of our own species? An unborn fetus is just as incapable as a cow or a pig is, if not more than that. If anything, a cow is still more intelligent and sentient than a fetus is and ever will be, regardless of species, so if they're argument is because "humans are smarter", then it's invalid. A grown up cow can actually feel pain and is aware of its surroundings; a fetus or embryo, not so much. It's all about their bullshit human ego in this case. rolleyes

Fanatical Zealot

dolly milk
Suicidesoldier#1
I think it's silly.

I could understand why you would want to but it's just not practical.

I think it's more questionable what a vegan's position on Abortion is.

I mean if taking the life of an animal is wrong what about a human baby?

And the same question goes for anti-abortionists who still eat meat. Why is it so different just because it's an animal outside of our own species? An unborn fetus is just as incapable as a cow or a pig is, if not more than that. If anything, a cow is still more intelligent and sentient than a fetus is and ever will be, regardless of species, so if they're argument is because "humans are smarter", then it's invalid. A grown up cow can actually feel pain and is aware of its surroundings; a fetus or embryo, not so much. It's all about their bullshit human ego in this case. rolleyes

Pssft, my ego is better than your ego. talk2hand

Also babies never go on to be food and cows get to live full lives without fear of predation or the pain of old age. xp

Eloquent Streaker

Vegans tried coming up with a term to insult people who eat meat.........and "bloodmouths" was the best they could come up with?

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Fireweed_honey
GunsmithKitten
You think that's the worst thing Vegans have come up with?

They're apparently planning genocide.

Vegan Earth 2019 movement

Snipped for length.

Only want to say: God is not Vegan. He had no problem with the sacrificial lamb and whatnot.

Doesn't mean he ate it or wore its skin talk2hand

(joking!!!) As a vegetarian, I do often find vegans annoying - I may not eat meat, but it's my choice, and I'm not going to stop any one else from eating meat.. I even cook it! Seriously, some people just need to relax. Although the same could be said for people who do eat meat - it does get tiring being asked to explain why I don't eat meat constantly, then treated with a dozen opposing arguments that sum up to me being called an idiot for not eating meat stare

Y'know what, how about everyone just eat what the ******** they want and not complain about what other people eat and just be glad they eat something *stomps off to eat some lettuce - screams of dying lettuce*

Greedy Consumer

Evil Asparagus
Sohisohi
I don't know how vegans/vegetarians can take pride in eating living creatures that can't cry out in pain. Self-righteous hypocrites the lot of them are. They should try eating rocks and dirt or perhaps adopt photosynthesis, then I'll give them the tip of my hat.

That being said, when did anyone start caring about what vegans have to say?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welll.. you know what rock rhymes with lol.

Dapper Dabbler

10,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The vegans who do stuff like this are a minority, they're just the loudest and most annoying. Most vegans and vegetarians are just pacifists to the point of not wanting to have another thing be hurt to help them. I'm vegetarian for my own reason, but I hear people almost daily say hurtful things about vegans/vegetarians. I don't understand it really, how people can be so hypocritical.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
prof-whoriarty
ahahah hello again ed I know how much you guys love me no jk most of you probably don't know who I am

an interesting topic has come to light recently in my life and that was the topic of veganism.
I, myself, am not a vegan. I do know people who are & that's all fine and well, but there's certain vegans who like to berate people who aren't vegans and I am aware that these vegans have caused the term "bloodmouth" to start floating around the internet
bloodmouth: An insult or slur commonly used by vegans for people who eat meat, indicating their distaste for eating creatures that bleed.

Bloodmouth....

I LOVE that! xd

Quote:
nowwwwwww I was wondering, wonderful ED, what your thoughts on the fact that this term actually exists?

I'm going to start using it to explain my dietary lifestyle to people.

Rather than "I'm basically a carnivore. Plants are strictly side dish. And never necessary." I'll just tell them "I'm a bloodmouth. If it doesn't bleed, I don't need."

Quote:
do you find it disgusting that some vegans actually use this slur towards others?

I find it whimsical, actually.

Quote:
and also, do you understand veganism? if you're a vegan, do you find it disgusting that others eat meat? why?

I do understand veganism. They're overly empathetic people who find it heartbreaking to think that some cuddly creature met a seemingly tragic fate, to put my steak on my plate.

Quote:
do you believe that eating meat is just a part of the circle of life?

IT'S THE CIIIIIIIIRCLLLLLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE! AND IT MOOOOOOOOOVES US AAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!

Quote:
for the vegans out there I am really curious as to how you feel towards the fact that the animals you're protecting by not eating are, a lot of the time, meat eaters themselves?

Also, if I don't eat it, something else will. Dying from "old age" is completely unheard of, in the wild.

Quote:
for those of you who do eat meat: what are your thoughts on vegans? have you ever considered dropping meat out of your diet?

Never. I know for a fact I'd starve to death, inside of a month. I ABSOLUTELY HATE most vegetables. And even the few I can eat, I only "tolerate". This comes amid the revelation that potatoes and corn do not apparently constitute "vegetables". I always thought they were my hook. My token vegetables...
I am not surprised with this 'bloodmouth' label.

I become vegetarian when the texture of meat feels strange to me. During this time, (weeks to months), I hear uncomfortable comments from people about my lifestyle choice.

I can imagine that other vegetarians, (who in particular may change their diet for animal related reasons) must hear worse comments. I think it would be natural to form something better than 'meat-eater' to respond with.

Personally I think bloodmouth sounds like something from the Harry Potter universe. whee
I've actually never known a vegan nor a vegetarian who wouldn't in one way or another constantly give me hints on how bad it is to consume meat/diary.
So my opinions on them are probably a little biased due to bad experience. I'm sure there are plenty of genuine open minded vegans out there, though I have yet to meet them. emotion_8c

The contrary is just as annoying though.

Hilarious Lunatic

My cousin is a vegan and gets mad at everyone in our family for eating meat. I told her she needs to move out of Texas then because beef is always the main course.

Shameless Mystic

I find it hilarious that these same people are often vocally atheist, and have rageboners to call out religious folks trying to force their moralities on others.

Oh, partiality.

Moral of the story, if you get insulted by a vegan for eating meat, ask them what their stance on abortion is. Watch them squirm.
I AM R U

(joking!!!) As a vegetarian, I do often find vegans annoying - I may not eat meat, but it's my choice, and I'm not going to stop any one else from eating meat.. I even cook it! Seriously, some people just need to relax. Although the same could be said for people who do eat meat - it does get tiring being asked to explain why I don't eat meat constantly, then treated with a dozen opposing arguments that sum up to me being called an idiot for not eating meat stare

Y'know what, how about everyone just eat what the ******** they want and not complain about what other people eat and just be glad they eat something *stomps off to eat some lettuce - screams of dying lettuce*

You're my favorite vegetarian.
That last paragraph just sums up everything. lawdy heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas