Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Moratuoa
-Kali-La-Fae-
prof-whoriarty
do you lot think it's smart of you to sit around debating over subjects no one seems to actually be educated on?

Do you think it's smart to point out the obvious? The ED has been on slow downward slope for a long time.
I don't know how long you've been on this site, but I joined in December of '03 and I've never really seen much of a change in the type of user this place attracts.

The ED has been filled with this sort of armchair intellectual for a very, very long time.

Quite awhile actually, And it has been filled with them but the standards of what is acceptable have gone downhill you used to have to PROVE YOUR POINT... (omg nooooo way) and provide facts supporting your argument.
[******** and I have both proven my point; the people of the ED aren't very intelligent (at least not on the forum, I'm not going to judge you outside of it obv).
lol judge yourself first before judging others and oh, no judge is ever a hypocrite because hypocrites can never judge fairly.
everyone is a hypocrite, you're living in denial if you claim to not be one. I choose to be more open about it
Quote:
look at you, tiny little girl from no where comes and questions our knowledge haha
you just used the word "legit" in a manner that made no sense, I responded with a video to point out that your post didn't make any sense, and you proceeded to call me a "********"
yeah, clearly you're the epitome of knowledge
y'know for someone who is a regular in a forum designed for debating, you're really not good at debating at all what-so-ever. last time I checked saying things like "I guess you haven't met any legit people" and calling people "******** when they point out that you didn't make much sense aren't considered good debating skills
hahaha well girl, to even debate you need topics which more logical and not some senseless random talks :/
this topic is logical as I've made very good points which no one has actually managed to have a proper response to.
Quote:
I wasn't even debating with you and you made it a whole lot of an issue taking forward to it.

this doesn't make any sense.
Quote:
haha, you are a dumb ********, accept it and move on.

do you enjoy bullying sixteen year old girls on the internet?
Quote:
Also, you didn't understand that context of legit so let's just bear with it now.

"bear with me now" is generally used at the beginning of a sentence, in case you were unaware of that, and is usually followed up by an explanation (which this wasn't).
Quote:
Neither did i mention of me being the epitome of knowledge, just that you should be appreciating others who are unlike at least trying to talk it out ( talk out the topic there ).

and why should I appreciate people trying to talk out topics that none of them know anything about, exactly?
Quote:
About hypocrisy here, you called us trolls and dumbasses, but just look at you. Aren't you one of the other fellow gaians?

I actually grouped myself in with you, if you were paying attention, when I said that you and I have both proven that the people of the ED aren't very intelligent. I never claimed to be an intellectual, that I was educated, or anything else of the sort, and while I wasn't intending to troll when I made this topic, I have been known to troll in the past, which I never claimed was untrue. so, while I call the people around here morons and trolls, I never claimed that I wasn't one of you or that I was any different. the only difference, which is a very slight one, is that I'm much more aware of it than the majority of the people around here.
Quote:
Look who's all wrapped up now.
I really am not wrapped up and really couldn't care less since this conversation is clearly going nowhere. lol

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
prof-whoriarty
Mark_Karev
prof-whoriarty
Mark_Karev
prof-whoriarty
you and I have both proven my point; the people of the ED aren't very intelligent (at least not on the forum, I'm not going to judge you outside of it obv).
lol
judge yourself first before judging others and oh, no judge is ever a hypocrite because hypocrites can never judge fairly.

everyone is a hypocrite, you're living in denial if you claim to not be one. I choose to be more open about it
Quote:
look at you, tiny little girl from no where comes and questions our knowledge haha
you just used the word "legit" in a manner that made no sense, I responded with a video to point out that your post didn't make any sense, and you proceeded to call me a "********"
yeah, clearly you're the epitome of knowledge
y'know for someone who is a regular in a forum designed for debating, you're really not good at debating at all what-so-ever. last time I checked saying things like "I guess you haven't met any legit people" and calling people "******** when they point out that you didn't make much sense aren't considered good debating skills
hahaha well girl, to even debate you need topics which more logical and not some senseless random talks :/

this topic is logical as I've made very good points which no one has actually managed to have a proper response to.
Quote:
I wasn't even debating with you and you made it a whole lot of an issue taking forward to it.

this doesn't make any sense.
Quote:
haha, you are a dumb ********, accept it and move on.

do you enjoy bullying sixteen year old girls on the internet?
Quote:
Also, you didn't understand that context of legit so let's just bear with it now.

"bear with me now" is generally used at the beginning of a sentence, in case you were unaware of that, and is usually followed up by an explanation (which this wasn't).
Quote:
Neither did i mention of me being the epitome of knowledge, just that you should be appreciating others who are unlike at least trying to talk it out ( talk out the topic there ).

and why should I appreciate people trying to talk out topics that none of them know anything about, exactly?
Quote:
About hypocrisy here, you called us trolls and dumbasses, but just look at you. Aren't you one of the other fellow gaians?

I actually grouped myself in with you, if you were paying attention, when I said that you and I have both proven that the people of the ED aren't very intelligent. I never claimed to be an intellectual, that I was educated, or anything else of the sort, and while I wasn't intending to troll when I made this topic, I have been known to troll in the past, which I never claimed was untrue. so, while I call the people around here morons and trolls, I never claimed that I wasn't one of you or that I was any different. the only difference, which is a very slight one, is that I'm much more aware of it than the majority of the people around here.
Quote:
Look who's all wrapped up now.
I really am not wrapped up and really couldn't care less since this conversation is clearly going nowhere. lol
you know what, this is utterly senseless. I'm not gonna continue it more and in case if you think you won the argument, lol, I'd just say that I have a bigger heart. Also, this is not bullying and thank you for telling me you're sixteen but I wasn't interested. Bear with 'me' now and bear with 'it' now is different if you'd been able to comprehend the difference. One more thing, you do know that you're calling yourself a moron too now, right? nice talking, sixteen year old, come back when I'm bored for I can 'bully' you. Haha.
This is gaia... perhaps your expectations are too high. If anyone was really interested in having an in-depth discussion about whatever topic they are interested in or knowledgeable of there are many websites on the internet with like-minded people that cater to a more intellectual audience. This website is geared towards pre-teens and teenagers. I'm 20 and I definatley am not that knowledgeable when it comes to certain topics, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy an in-depth discussion occasionaly. This is a place I come to "flex my intellectual muscles" in a sense, and I don't expect anyone to veiw me as a hard-core intellectual nor do I expect to see anything really exceptional here. I've been satisfied with the E.D - it is what I was expecting an extended discussion forum on gaia online to be. When I want to read (or even participate in) discussions about topics I'm really passionate about I go to websites that specialize in having those kinds of conversations.

Edit: However I think there is value in what you've bought up. It is annoying to see people behave kind of pompously and to have an attitude as if they know so much more than you/you are worth less than them when in reality they really don't know what they're talking about, or only have a very basic understanding. I've noticed this as well. There is kind of an E.D elitist attitude that some people have that isn't really deserved.
prof-whoriarty
do you lot think it's smart of you to sit around debating over subjects no one seems to actually be educated on?

We should really listen to Pockybot more, he's not kidding, lying, or bullshitting

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I've noticed how a person I've never actually seen before, in the excruciatingly painful time I've been on this part of the site, decided to come out and play the victim to your ideology as if you were actually talking about them. If anything, a person I've seen absolutely Zero times should not even be talking like you ever could have seen a post from them that would invoke the conclusion that you were referring to them.

Another time I've noticed that a person who claims to have a strong opposition towards PC elitists, decided to come into a thread like this one, and defend against the ideology of the ED being called a forum of elitists, as if the person acknowledges the idea that the person is actually talking about them and that they do refer to themselves as elitists in some form. How does one know they were referring to them?

It's an interesting and strange topic when it comes up. If you are directly referring to me, then "up yours" or whatever. If not, I can tell you're referring to the people that I wish would drop dead tomorrow. That is inevitably what happens when you make this generalization; the ones who call foul play to your topic make the topic seem to be about them, the ones who agree with you make it seem like the ones who don't come into the thread are the ones you're talking about, but you may as well have been referring to the ones who are agreeing with you in the first place or have been referring to someone other than the ones who are crying wolf.

Care to name-drop anyone on any topic in particular? As long as it's not me, I'll agree with you, lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff