Welcome to Gaia! ::

prof-whoriarty
Jewish Santa
prof-whoriarty
do you lot think it's smart of you to sit around debating over subjects no one seems to actually be educated on?

What better way to BECOME educated?
a bunch of people sitting around talking about s**t that none of them actually know anything about while pretending that they know what they're talking about is in no way going to educate anyone and if you think it is than you're not very bright

It's worked for years, here. Believe me, I would know.

And it's not so much people who "know nothing about what they're talking about". Usually at least one contributor is genuinely informed on the topic at hand. And through the time-tested practice of civil discussion, the information spreads to new minds.
prof-whoriarty
do you lot think it's smart of you to sit around debating over subjects no one seems to actually be educated on?

Because if we didn't have uneducated gun confiscation proponents to make fools of we wouldn't have any fun at all?
mellifluous glass optics
prof-whoriarty
mellifluous glass optics
And a lot of the people here actually are educated.
like 80% of the ED is trolls that everyone is too thick to realize are trolling
about 15% of the ED is made up of people who like to think that they know what they're talking about when they really just come off as stupid as all of the trolls.
I'd say maybe a solid 5% of the people in this forum actually have a somewhat good idea of what they're talking about and even then the people who /do/ know what they're talking about don't actually educate anyone and they just get frustrated when someone doesn't understand what they're trying to say
How long have you been here? I know a number of the people here have degrees on the subjects they talk about.
yeah, a small number.
and I just recently started actually posting in here, but I've lurked around for a good two years so I think its fair to say that I've observed long enough to draw conclusions.
most of the stupid people that you run into in here aren't actually stupid, they're just ******** with you.
and there are a lot more of those trolls and idiots in here than there are actually well-educated people
and, like I said, those few that are educated tend to just get frustrated with those who aren't educated and don't actually end up helping to educate anyone

Mega Noob

This, for instance, is a troll thread.

And you've done a good job collecting trolls in it.

Tipsy Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Jewish Santa
prof-whoriarty

What better way to BECOME educated?

and yeah, good job trolling? ._.

Distinct Poster

For the most part I find this to be true in the ED.
This place is full of contrarians.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
prof-whoriarty

An even better question

"What do you really gain from debating anything on Gaia?"

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Heimdalr

I don't agree with this being a troll thread. Otherwise every topic is considered a troll thread.

This topic does not incite hatred or attacks anyone personally.

This topic asks a legitimate question.

If this topic gets deleted, it's more proof that the Moderators here have no idea what they are doing.
Heimdalr

while I originally wasn't being very serious about the thread, it's not trolling.
it asks a legitimate question that is actually worth discussing.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
prof-whoriarty
Heimdalr

while I originally wasn't being very serious about the thread, it's not trolling.
it asks a legitimate question that is actually worth discussing.

Questioning the intelligence of self-proclaimed intellectuals?
Yep, you're trolling alright. Subtle too, the trick is to seem dumb enough that the OP seems legit.

Anyway, discussion is much more useful in philosophy and ethics than in practical knowledge, because really, thanks to the subjective nature of those, there is no expertise.

A guy with a degree in social sciences isn't more of an expert in ethics than, say, I am. He probably knows more about what we, as a society, find acceptable, but that only matters if you take it for granted that society is always right about ethics.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
prof-whoriarty
mellifluous glass optics
about 15% of the ED is made up of people who like to think that they know what they're talking about when they really just come off as stupid as all of the trolls.
I'd say maybe a solid 5% of the people in this forum actually have a somewhat good idea of what they're talking about and even then the people who /do/ know what they're talking about don't actually educate anyone and they just get frustrated when someone doesn't understand what they're trying to say
so now you gonna be a teacher for all of us? stare
Mark_Karev
prof-whoriarty
mellifluous glass optics
I never claimed to be one of the educated people, shithead.
It's not smart so much as it is entertaining. razz

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
prof-whoriarty
Mark_Karev
prof-whoriarty
mellifluous glass optics
then you don't get to complain either, ********.
Mark_Karev
prof-whoriarty
Mark_Karev
prof-whoriarty
mellifluous glass optics
then you don't get to complain either, ******** allowed to be a hypocrite on a forum filled with idiots if I'd like to be, tyvm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff