Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intelligence privilege: Does it exist? The answer is yes. Generally speaking, intelligent people make more money, are considered more attractive, get incarcerated less often, and most importantly, tend to win arguments on the Internet. All of this is clear-cut, undeniable proof of the smartocracy, a systemic, institutionalized oppression of stupid people.

The use of intelligence or logic in a debate, especially to "refute" an oppressed person's idiotic argument, is bigotry, plain and simple, and the smart people in any group simply need to learn to check their privilege before they consider adding their input to a discussion.

Justice Genius

Multiple forms of intelligence, none are static. Neuroplasticity.EDIT: Lawl, should've taken your lesson at the end before posting. Utility also has to be into taken account along with potentiality and exactation of potentiality. You can taste without tasting, though the benefits differ.
In short, yes.

Particularly since notions of intelligence are often confirmation of other cultures oppression(through which ideas are "rational" ).

Justice Genius

Honestly I think we intelligentsias should be pragmatic before anything. What is understanding without application? EDIT: In other words, We should make sure we can use what we say before we say it.

Dapper Reveler

Robot Macai
Watch the movie Good Will Hunting.
Robot Macai
Intelligence privilege: Does it exist? The answer is yes. Generally speaking, intelligent people make more money, are considered more attractive, get incarcerated less often, and most importantly, tend to win arguments on the Internet. All of this is clear-cut, undeniable proof of the smartocracy, a systemic, institutionalized oppression of stupid people.

The use of intelligence or logic in a debate, especially to "refute" an oppressed person's idiotic argument, is bigotry, plain and simple, and the smart people in any group simply need to learn to check their privilege before they consider adding their input to a discussion.

I have to agree with you completely. I think its their way of trying to control the gene pool. Get the 'stupid' people out of general population and they cannot reproduce.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
A small amount of privileges for obviously intelligent people is okay by me, such as the ability to be hired for certain jobs.
Blood Valkyrie
A small amount of privileges for obviously intelligent people is okay by me, such as the ability to be hired for certain jobs.
Then you're a bigot. Die smart scum.
Mika Talanis
Robot Macai

I have to agree with you completely. I think its their way of trying to control the gene pool. Get the 'stupid' people out of general population and they cannot reproduce.
I agree. We should call up the United Nations and report this genocidal campaign.
I feel that the internet is a great example of intelligence privilege. The entire social e-heirarchy is defined by the group's perception of who is and who isn't intelligent, and those that go against the people deemed intelligent by the general populace are shunned and deemed ignorant, regardless of their ability to piede together an argument.

Timid Gawker

What about work-ethic privilege?
xZaebos
What about work-ethic privilege?

Hard-working guys that expect more for their extra effort are dicks.
Intelligent people are considered more attractive? Yeah, maybe if they're actually attractive.

Greedy Consumer

Robot Macai

suuure. you went from mostly good idea, to trolling. Education system and other stuff certainly play a role.
The ugly are also discriminated against.

Beauty privilege. It's pretty nice to have. I know. I'm gorgeous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff