Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
why is nobody talking about Real Privilege? I, for one, am sick of all the privilege of things that exist, while imaginary things are left to suffer through in the Real Man's world

Distinct Poster

Robot Macai
Intelligence Educated privilege: Does it exist? The answer is yes. Generally speaking, intelligent educated people make more money, are considered more attractive, get incarcerated less often, and most importantly, tend to win arguments on the Internet. All of this is clear-cut, undeniable proof of the smartocracy, a systemic, institutionalized oppression of stupid people.

The use of intelligence or logic in a debate, especially to "refute" an oppressed person's idiotic argument, is bigotry, plain and simple, and the smart people in any group simply need to learn to check their privilege before they consider adding their input to a discussion.
No.That's a generalization, you don't understand the variety of motives from person to person. The only motive you have mentioned is one that has become as a result of being inexorable, such a motive would cause intolerance.
Also verbal arguments are considered a form of toleration, that's in comparison to resolve via combat.

Education has no correlation to intelligence, but education does have a correlation to higher pay as you have previously stated.
People who receive education are not necessarily intelligent, just specialized. This is the reason why you can't say there is an "intelligent privilege."

Also, stupid people are oppressed because of lack of economical or educational opportunity which causes depression and other psychological disorders can deter from there. This is more probable to happen to people who have had a history of oppression. Others have strong will, some have religion this is all dependent of the vast farrago of ulterior motives.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Robot Macai
Generally speaking, intelligent people make more money, are considered more attractive, get incarcerated less often, and most importantly, tend to win arguments on the Internet.
Everything is true except the bold.
Nature has always rewarded both intelligence/ingenuity and adaptability...

...at least it did until Mankind changed the rules and allowed advanced technologies to harvest emerging technologies without having to pay even intelligent people for their intellectual endeavors - now we are just the pets of neural and extradimensional intelligences, from which nothing is hidden and who have no reason to fear the mental barbs of a "questionable" species. To them, we are just another lifeform...

They're probably wondering why most of us didn't die-off and leave them their planned resort world... ...No wonder they feel entitled to direct us. But the ones I'm worried about are the ones who are so unfamiliar with us as to see us as novel new toys... (Let us hope that we did not inherit their trait of disposing of "outdated fashions" wink

Hilarious Prophet

Kingstonalloy
Intelligent people are considered more attractive? Yeah, maybe if they're actually attractive.
Agreed.

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I say we make intelligent people are slaves!

Enduring Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
I disagree with you on several points. Mainly, wtf who considers all intelligent people to be beautiful? Have you ever seen nerds/geeks? Not to mention there are several differences of intelligence, should we sub categorize people by that? It may be helpful in some situations but not in general.

Plus intelligent people often put in far more hours and effort than non intelligent people. So thus being said you are trying to curb people's appetites for effort. So we should all be lazy and let everyone else ( other countries ) take us over with their intelligence. Gah I'm so flustered that someone could even think this up using what they consider to be a brain. Maybe I need to come back later to avert this "war on intellect".

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
psychoprincess16
our*
rolleyes rofl
BlackBeltMan
psychoprincess16
our*
rolleyes rofl
Check your smart privilege.

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Robot Macai
BlackBeltMan
psychoprincess16
our*
rolleyes rofl
You're*

just kidding

and yes, simply because I can spell and use grammar and actually understand the basics of the language I call my own I am immediately privileged? Awesome! Wow, being smart is much easier than anticipated! razz
BlackBeltMan
Robot Macai
BlackBeltMan
psychoprincess16
our*
rolleyes rofl
You're*

just kidding

and yes, simply because I can spell and use grammar and actually understand the basics of the language I call my own I am immediately privileged? Awesome! Wow, being smart is much easier than anticipated! razz
"Check you're privilege"? "Check you are privilege"?

Maybe you don't need to check your smart privilege after all.
I'm hoping this is sarcasm/irony. Please, don't let this be serious. I'm rofl-ing. Oh lawdy.
Quote:

rofl Indeed! Forsooth verily so, it seems! As opposed to:
Durn lingu.. Linguista... Durn talkin' skillz! Yur a lozer! rolleyes

Ahhh! The burden of an IQ!!! burning_eyes No matter how many substances I abuse, it just won't leave me alone!

...Nobody runs screaming down the halls evading the ghost ninjas in his over-active mind...
The Willow Of Darkness
In short, yes.

Particularly since notions of intelligence are often confirmation of other cultures oppression(through which ideas are "rational" ).
Interesting. Can you explain this a little more? TIA, in case it takes me awhile to log back on here. whee
Kingstonalloy
Intelligent people are considered more attractive? Yeah, maybe if they're actually attractive.

I actually think you have that backwards. I recall reading a study somewhere that made the claim that in their findings people who are more attractive tend to be perceived as more intelligent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff