Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
mluck24
We know that there is no Creationistic evolution, no God-guided evolution, no 'God made everything then let natural processes take their course.' This is because of Genesis 1, we know that the Christian worldview says that the world was made in 6-24 hour days that had days and nights.

We don't know that at all. Genesis says 6 days, but mentions nothing about how God measures days. I tend to think God would a different perspective of time than our heliocentric perspective.

Quote:
I know you don't want arguments from the bible, but you have to accept the fact that the bible is either completely true or completely untrue.

What? No. Why would you have to do that? A largely fictional account can contain elements of truth while remaining largely fictional.

Quote:
Hinduism's giant turtle is discredited by the fact that pictures of the earth have been taken, there is no titan holding up the world,

What about inside? Or maybe it's an invisible and also intangible turtle? Or maybe the turtle is just a metaphor for the hardy and resilient nature of our planet?

Quote:
Buddhism is only a sect of laws and has no god.

It still has supernatural elements though, even if it lacks a formal belief in a deity as we understand the concept.

Quote:
Other religions, if true, would have a presence in the world because the truth would last.

Not necessarily. Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth and it's easy to imagine a world where most people don't want to hear a truth. Then there are religions like Baha'i that believe all religions come from one god based on what is needed at the time it's created with the founding figure of each religion being an incarnation of their deity. Just because something is true doesn't mean people accept it, embrace it, and hold onto it. If they did people would flock to the one true religion because it would be so obviously true and there would be no cases of apostasy from that religion.

Or maybe they're all wrong, who knows.
Goldgato
mluck24
We know that there is no Creationistic evolution, no God-guided evolution, no 'God made everything then let natural processes take their course.' This is because of Genesis 1, we know that the Christian worldview says that the world was made in 6-24 hour days that had days and nights.

We don't know that at all. Genesis says 6 days, but mentions nothing about how God measures days. I tend to think God would a different perspective of time than our heliocentric perspective.

Genesis 1:5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

1:8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

1:13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

1:19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

1:23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day

God showed how he measured days in these passages.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
mluck24
Goldgato
mluck24

Genesis 1:5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

1:8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day

I think God could change the length of a day if he wanted to.
You are asking for a materialist explanation of idealist cosmology. Your opening post requirements are therefore metaphysically flawed and logically invalid. For example you are assuming linear causality axiomatically, without providing evidence to such a necessity. You are also likely acting under the rubric of a scientific paradigm in which you are allowed to challenge the presumptions of others through your lens, while your own hypotheses are immune to criticism. You are therefore exhibiting the characteristics of religious fanaticism while assuming hypocritically that such rules only apply to groups whom you have decided.

A murder suspect cannot receive a fair trial from a judge to whom he has accused of being the real killer.
Have looked into "Timaeus" by Plato? It's one of the better explanations of a creator deity who is referred to as the "Demiurge".
The thread title was a little misleading. I thought I was going to join a thread that defended the Abrahamic Faiths for a change. Instead it's just more "hurr gawd dunt exist proov ittt!!!1!1!!111"
mluck24

Within context, the Hebrew text strongly indicates that it is an indefinite period of time between each act of creation. This still doesn't really reconcile it with the scientific process, however, but it is certainly leagues ahead of the people latching onto a bad English translation.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Goldgato
mluck24
Goldgato
mluck24

I think God could change the length of a day if he wanted to.

Jesus did. He actually made the sun stop in the sky. Which technically means he made the earth stop rotating and revolving, for some period of time. But they didn't know that, then.

Friendly Phantom

Knoal
The Curse
Mankind is its own god.

We mastered tools. We have become capable of destroying our own habitat. We have become capable of dramatically and rapidly altering our own habitat. We are symbiotic with, but increasingly less submissive to, the throws and whim of nature. We are undisputed king of the food chain.

I believe in the higher status of human kind.

I agree. Through our intelligence, man has not only conquered, but flourished over nature and all other forces that are currently greater than us. And we're only developing more and more. We're the closest things to gods that we know of.
That is all true, except for when an asteroid obliterates everything on our planet. I am also an atheist, but this title is misleading. You should change it, OP.

Timid Explorer

I'm kinda scared of posting here, I've posted my opinion on other forums revolving around God when we were asked to, and got like a whole ton of messages attacking me. Then after the whole time of replying back, I pretty much just gave up... so I'm not gonna answer the question to this forum. In a way, I might actually be wasting my time, even if there is evidence to provide, it's not like anyone's actually going to believe me when i post my answer. In fact, any individual will makeup any excuse to disregard it as a lie. :c

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
silvershadowedwings
I'm kinda scared of posting here, I've posted my opinion on other forums revolving around God when we were asked to, and got like a whole ton of messages attacking me.

You should never be afraid to speak your mind. LEAST of all, online.

So people don't like what you have to say. ******** 'em. What are they going to do about it?

Quote:
Then after the whole time of replying back, I pretty much just gave up... so I'm not gonna answer the question to this forum. In a way, I might actually be wasting my time, even if there is evidence to provide, it's not like anyone's actually going to believe me when i post my answer. In fact, any individual will makeup any excuse to disregard it as a lie. :c

So? Who cares what they think?
Doubtful Dreamer
mluck24

Within context, the Hebrew text strongly indicates that it is an indefinite period of time between each act of creation. This still doesn't really reconcile it with the scientific process, however, but it is certainly leagues ahead of the people latching onto a bad English translation.

source?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces