Welcome to Gaia! ::

AsuraSyn
Prince Baldr
Jazin Kay
Prince Baldr
You really see yourself on the same level as these men? People need to read this fb, there has never been a better example of "delusions of grandeur".
I have quotes like that.

I don't post them to state I'm on their level, I post them to remember them because I look up to those people and their words. I think that's what he's doing.
No I have no problem with that, just the sheer number and the company she seeks to keep.

Some people, i.e. everyone on fb, have nothing original to say so they steal from others to look deep or interesting. Doesn't mean they think they're on par with the greats, just that they have nothing better to do than google quotes and post them yet again, but I digress.
As for the number of quotes, well, Twitter is just that.

The majority of the quotes on my facebook are by me, as in original.

http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/

have fun

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Blood Valkyrie
You thread's title confuses me.
This. I know the thread has progressed but your reaction is much the same as mine. It requires a far inference to connect the content of the OP to the title.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Macodrone
black_wing_angel
Macodrone
black_wing_angel
Prince Baldr
Let me guess, you've "taken some classes" and now wish to use your new "skills" along with the built in anonymity of the internet to show us all how much smarter you are. Am I close?

Add in "in an effort to troll people", and I'd say you hit the nail on the head.

My name is Michael Thurlow and my facebook profile is www.facebook.com/masterthehate
Now I am no longer "anonymous" (as if Gaia is a place where anonymity exists)

Given what I've now seen....I'd have stayed hidden.

That out of the way, I did find one little nugget of joy that I'll answer right here, because it only shows how much you've assumed about me.

Quote:
I have no problem with people who are religious.
I only have a few demands to make of the world's religious peoples.
1) Admit that everything has a price and the price of faith is reason.

Having faith does not void any sense of reason. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it illogical. Or at least, no less logical than anything you've been led to believe, in your lifetime.

Quote:
2) Admit that God as a construct has no more a right to meddle in the lives of people who don't call him God than a murderer has the right to take another person's life.

I have never claimed otherwise. Not once. In fact, you might be interested to know that I am a FIERCE advocate for separation of church and state. I don't want my God being used as a catalyst to make laws that oppress you, any more than I'd want someone else's god being used to oppress me. I actively advocate marriage for all legal consenting individuals. Not just gay marriage, but polygamy as well. I figure, as long as all parties involved legally consent...what's the harm?

Quote:
3) Admit that science is correct. This does not invalidate YOUR God to you it only proves that the principals of science are valid, it doesn't require you to acknowledge them.
4) Stop pretending Christian Science is in any way scientific, because science cannot exist or take place when a hypothesis cannot be proven and Christian Science is just another way of scapegoating the fact that God and religion are based on Faith and not Fact.

Who has ever denied that science is correct? Certainly not me. In fact, science was always one of my favorite subjects, in school. I prefer to think of science not as "proof that god didn't do it", but "An explanation to HOW God did it."

I hate you so much that I made a facebook status about you where you couldn't see it, seriously that whole thing was about you bro.

I know. smile

Although I must point and laugh at the fact that I have shaken you so badly, that you felt compelled to make a FACEBOOK status about me, and even went so far as to PRIVATIZE it, just to ensure I don't end up seeing it.

You scared, Mike?

Ruthless Millionaire

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
jesus christ is god

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Macodrone
Prince Baldr
Macodrone
black_wing_angel
Prince Baldr
Macodrone
I'm an Atheist myself.
I'm inviting any young earth creationist, or any theist in general to tell me why their God is real AND how he created us.

I will not accept:
A: Circular reasoning
B: Newton's first law of thermodynamics
C: Arguments from Fallacy.

Using logical thinking, and expressing your case logically. Explain, without using the word faith, or references to the bible, or how God proves himself because X made Y because Z was made by Y who wouldn't exist without X so X has to be true.

If God is real, you should be more than capable of explaining how without making superstitious references.
Let me guess, you've "taken some classes" and now wish to use your new "skills" along with the built in anonymity of the internet to show us all how much smarter you are. Am I close?

Add in "in an effort to troll people", and I'd say you hit the nail on the head.

My name is Michael Thurlow and my facebook profile is www.facebook.com/masterthehate
What can I say, wow. You're right, you are no longer anonymous, but maybe you should have stayed anonymous. Just from your post history I thought you were a little pompous, but that fb, there are no words. Half your quotes are from you, the rest are from the likes of Tolstoy, Socrates, and Guevara. You really see yourself on the same level as these men? People need to read this fb, there has never been a better example of "delusions of grandeur".

Those quotes are something I've said to someone at some point in time that have helped someone with a problem they were having.
The quotes by Tolstoy, Socrates, and Guevara are there instead of other peoples quotes because those particular quotes agree with me and serve to augment my own philosophies.
For the record, I see myself closer to the intellectual level of Tolstoy than... (checks some of my less interesting friend's quotes...) "you miss 100% of the shots u don't take!" - anonymous
You see yourself on the level of Tolstoy? Well you seem to have the giant pompous a*****e part down, but to be on the intellectual level of Tolstoy? Well let me offer a famous quote for this situation, "citation please". If you were on his level you would be more then a nameless internet troll college hippie then posting on gaiaonline. You have given me more entertainment these last few days then I ever got from listening to Tolstoy bitching about Shakespeare, so you do have that going for you.

Witty Fairy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
P.S. You are weird looking, even for a net-troll.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Prince Baldr
Macodrone
Prince Baldr
Macodrone
black_wing_angel

What can I say, wow. You're right, you are no longer anonymous, but maybe you should have stayed anonymous. Just from your post history I thought you were a little pompous, but that fb, there are no words. Half your quotes are from you, the rest are from the likes of Tolstoy, Socrates, and Guevara. You really see yourself on the same level as these men? People need to read this fb, there has never been a better example of "delusions of grandeur".

Those quotes are something I've said to someone at some point in time that have helped someone with a problem they were having.
The quotes by Tolstoy, Socrates, and Guevara are there instead of other peoples quotes because those particular quotes agree with me and serve to augment my own philosophies.
For the record, I see myself closer to the intellectual level of Tolstoy than... (checks some of my less interesting friend's quotes...) "you miss 100% of the shots u don't take!" - anonymous
You see yourself on the level of Tolstoy? Well you seem to have the giant pompous a*****e part down, but to be on the intellectual level of Tolstoy? Well let me offer a famous quote for this situation, "citation please". If you were on his level you would be more then a nameless internet troll college hippie then posting on gaiaonline. You have given me more entertainment these last few days then I ever got from listening to Tolstoy bitching about Shakespeare, so you do have that going for you.

To illustrate what a "genius" he is:

He hates me. He apparently made a facebook status about how much he hates me. Then he set it to "private", so I can't see it.

...Then he tells me he did so.

Logic?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Prince Baldr

User Image

User Image

Witty Fairy

black_wing_angel
Prince Baldr

User Image

User Image
If I saw him in a movie theater I would call the cops. What really bothers me is this troll doesn't live to far from me. I don't think I can sleep tonight.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Macodrone
black_wing_angel
Macodrone

Regardless. The earth was not flat. It was never flat, and it will never be flat. There is a big big big big BIG difference between the scientific method. Hypothesizing that the earth was not flat, testing that hypothesis by sailing somewhere, Not dying, huzzah, proof!!
And
"I accept jesus christ as my personal savior even though scientific evidence suggests that prayers are answered about 50% of the time (funny that) and anthropology suggests that God is a man made construct."

You're not even comparing apples and oranges at this point. You're comparing a toilet to a submarine.

And you know something. You already know what it's like to not believe in a God, or a certain religion. You've been not believing in Zeus your whole life because Zeus is a silly god who turns into gold and impregnates people. You don't believe in Odin because he's a silly God who drinks too much and spends too much time around well muscled warriors who use too much body oil, also frost giants, wtf!
You don't believe in Pluto because how the ******** is a planet supposed to be a God and why is he telling me when to die LOL.
You don't believe in Luminos, the stripper Goddess who lives in the center of a hollow moon who generates moon beams of bliss via rhythmic pelvic gyrations because I made her up just now.
You don't believe in Paladine, or Lolth because they're charaters from books based on D&D and it would be ridiculous to actually worship them in real life (or at least super nerdy)

BUT
You believe in Jesus Christ who was said to have walked on water, lived in a giant fish, multiplied bread and fish, cured lepers with his touch, died, came back to life, rose up to heaven to wait for the apocalypse where he would return as Jesus 2 where all the righteous people in the world would be taken away to heaven for all eternity because he once died for your sins because some dumb tart in a garden 7000 years ago ate an apple because she was outsmarted by a talking snake.
This will be the SECOND time all the people on earth are killed by God by the way. Don't let me forget this one. After a whole bunch of shameful activities which would make Caligula blush God floods the earth, but swears off mass genocide until the end of days when once again humanity pisses him off by breaking 7 seals and this time he means it.
But that whole thing about the Minotaur being born from a woman who was seduced by Zeus into copulating with a bull? Yeah that's far fetched. God though, yeah. Don't piss that guy off.

If you applied the same logic and reasoning skills that you use to explain why Zeus and his strange sexual fetishes are illogical and at best interesting fables.
Why Odin, Thor, Baldor, Frig, Frija and frost giants are silly, and not worthy of being worshiped because you're the kind of realistic theist who need's his religion NOT to involve monsters from Harry Potter
And why you don't believe in all of those stylish but ultimately stupid Indian gods.

A lot of baseless assumptions there, kiddo.

Quote:
Then why can't you turn that logic towards your own religion which is just as silly as an elephant headed God, or a bearded spear wielding man who drank the mead of superpowers and hung himself upside down on a tree for a while so he could ride a horse with 8 legs and do battle with dragons.

You assume I haven't, based on what?

Quote:
YOUR RELIGION IS JUST AS SILLY.

In your eyes, I suppose.

Quote:
I know I only needed to give one example and yet I went on and on and on and gave you about 20 examples of how your religion makes as much sense as the above,

So in askance.
Where the hell do you get off believing in something so stammeringly stupid while trying to legitimize it by comparing it to Columbus.

U MAD, BRO?

Seriously, where do you get off trying to force people to believe whatever the hell you believe? You're trying awfully hard. Does it really kill you that much, to let someone believe an alternate idea than you do? Were you touched in a bad place by a priest, or something?

Regardless, the fact of the matter is, that many of the scientists that you look up to, are actually religious, themselves. Science is not the enemy of God. It is his tool. Perhaps when we learn how the world around us works, we're not learning "why God didn't do it", but HOW God did it.

There is absolutely no proof, either way, on the existence or absence of a deity. This is why there isn't yet a definative answer. You can sit on your high-horse and pretend you have all the answers, and s**t on anyone who dare believe something you don't, all you want. But the truth is, you don't actually know. You may not believe it's possible for you to be wrong, but then...most people who ARE proven wrong, never thought they could be.

But, in the end, you believe what you do, and I believe what I do. We both have our reasons. Simple as that.

Answer this question.
Is a religion centered around Frost Giants and Giant Wolves and Dragons eating away at a tree which holds up the universe something YOU could see as plausible. I mean really actually say "Yeah, okay Odin cut out his own eye, hung upside down on Yggdrasil for 7 days and 7 nights, drank some mead to rule over a world that was created from the remains of a giant named Ymir and the sea is his blood, and the land is his eyelids or something. Or better yet, the *really* *totally* legit part of the norse creation myth involving a cow named Audhumla and salty ice being licked to feed the Giant Ymir. Does THIS make ANY kind of sense to you. Could you *yourself* buy into THIS creation story? Yes or no. If not, read the below sentence and answer honestly.
It is obvious that you "respect" people's different beliefs but a part of you HAS to believe that this is insane and idiotic right?

I could easily go with that, my God has done s**t crazier than that.

Hell my God incarnated as Dwarf and stepped over a couple of planets in three steps, to trick an arsey king.
I mean he once Incarnated as someone, who as a test of strength, broke the Divine Bow that he had himself made in previous incarnation.
Then in a separate(yet simultaneous) incarnation got offended that himself in a seperate incarnation had broken the Bow that he made in a former incarnation and challenged himself to a fight, where he then beat himself proving himself strong than himself and the rightful and current incarnation.

This is just scratching the surface.

Impressive and crazy tales are standard stuff for us religious folk.

Witty Fairy

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Prince Baldr

Well...I can see it. But he's literally just a green dye job away from Arkham City's Joker. Especially with that rapist grin...

Witty Fairy

black_wing_angel
Prince Baldr

Well...I can see it. But he's literally just a green dye job away from Arkham City's Joker. Especially with that rapist grin...
Prince Baldr
black_wing_angel
Prince Baldr

Don't worry. Your a**s is safe in Panama Beach

Witty Fairy

Macodrone
Prince Baldr
black_wing_angel
Prince Baldr

Don't worry. Your a**s is safe in Panama Beach
Wow, I should hope so.

1. I haven't lived in PCB in a while.

2. If a little joke like you did manage to come to my door, and you managed to be bullet proof (gotta love stand your ground laws), I still think I could take you. Trying to sound tough to me makes you sound like a tard boy. I am a former military correctional officer and a current nurse. I can kick an a** and patch it back together.

Beat it kid, like the writings of Tolstoy, you bore me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff