Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm an Atheist myself.
I'm inviting any young earth creationist, or any theist in general to tell me why their God is real AND how he created us.

I will not accept:
A: Circular reasoning
B: Newton's first law of thermodynamics
C: Arguments from Fallacy.

Using logical thinking, and expressing your case logically. Explain, without using the word faith, or references to the bible, or how God proves himself because X made Y because Z was made by Y who wouldn't exist without X so X has to be true.

If God is real, you should be more than capable of explaining how without making superstitious references.

Gaian

Don't test God; and by possible extension His or Her Believers.

In my opinion a true Theist not only studies religion, but also respects both it, and it's followers.

God does not need to be tested.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
You thread's title confuses me.
I don't see why people debate the existence of god so much. The only way it would matter to me is if somehow religious people's beliefs threatened people's safety. But it doesn't, not in first world countries at least. I can burn a bible, Quran or any other book in my front yard legally. In short, I don't care about stupid people or illogical beliefs as long as they pose no threat to me.
Mankind is its own god.

We mastered tools. We have become capable of destroying our own habitat. We have become capable of dramatically and rapidly altering our own habitat. We are symbiotic with, but increasingly less submissive to, the throws and whim of nature. We are undisputed king of the food chain.

I believe in the higher status of human kind.
The Curse
Mankind is its own god.

We mastered tools. We have become capable of destroying our own habitat. We have become capable of dramatically and rapidly altering our own habitat. We are symbiotic with, but increasingly less submissive to, the throws and whim of nature. We are undisputed king of the food chain.

I agree. Through our intelligence, man has not only conquered, but flourished over nature and all other forces that are currently greater than us. And we're only developing more and more. We're the closest things to gods that we know of.

Fanatical Zealot

It's all about faith silly.

How about you prove God doesn't exist.

Also it isn't circular logic.

God exists because he exists isn't circular, it's a statement.

Blue is blue because it's blue.

That not circular, that's a straight line.

Why does the universe exist; it just does?

Explain to me how that's better.

Fanatical Zealot

Arkenholm
The Curse
Mankind is its own god.

I agree. Through our intelligence, man has not only conquered, but flourished over nature and all other forces that are currently greater than us. And we're only developing more and more. We're the closest things to gods that we know of.

How about you tell me what YOU'VE done recently?

"Mankind", you mean specific individuals, working together, doing a good job.
Suicidesoldier#1
Arkenholm
The Curse
Mankind is its own god.

What have I done recently? Graduated from high school. Thats it. Yeah I don't claim to be the sole savior of the human race who holds everyone on my shoulders and carries them forward.

Those specific individuals are a part of mankind. No matter how stupid someone is, they still likely possess a more intelligent brain than a lesser animal. Humans are still Intellectually superior to all other species on earth. Sure some people are destructive, some people are stupid and don't contribute much and some people are good geniuses who contribute a lot. Doesn't change anything I said before.

Gaian

Guys just look at her fscking Avatar, then ask yourselves "Why should I take this broad seriously when she speaks of God(s), on an Online Forum in Extended Discussion?"

And if she jumps this; Ad Hominum, or however you spell-check it.

Fanatical Zealot

Arkenholm
Suicidesoldier#1
Arkenholm
The Curse
Mankind is its own god.

What have I done recently? Graduated from high school. Thats it. Yeah I don't claim to be the sole savior of the human race who holds everyone on my shoulders and carries them forward.

Those specific individuals are a part of mankind. No matter how stupid someone is, they still likely possess a more intelligent brain than a lesser animal. Humans are still Intellectually superior to all other species on earth. Sure some people are destructive, some people are stupid and don't contribute much and some people are good geniuses who contribute a lot. Doesn't change anything I said before.

"superior"?

Oh, and what makes us intellectually superior?

The fact Dolphins have higher I.Q.'s or the fact chimpanzees and gorillas are both physically and mentally capable of what we do?

The difference is we have the foundation of billions of people behind us, and that's what allows us to do what we do. xp

Crap, it took us forever to come up with the bow and arrow, and then 50 years after the first computer it's mainstream and we have tiny ones, doubling in capacity every 2 years.

It's all a matter of time, and the last 100 years, let alone 20 years, has seen such a huge amount of advancements too incredible to think that maybe, a somewhat slower society couldn't have developed just the same. Because near the end it gets exponential. We just got lucky that our ancestors preserved and spread the knowledge, could have gone either way.

Aged Lunatic

AvenirLegacy
Don't test God; and by possible extension His or Her Believers.

In my opinion a true Theist not only studies religion, but also respects both it, and it's followers.

God does not need to be tested.

Which god?

Aged Lunatic

Arkenholm
I don't see why people debate the existence of god so much. The only way it would matter to me is if somehow religious people's beliefs threatened people's safety. But it doesn't, not in first world countries at least. I can burn a bible, Quran or any other book in my front yard legally. In short, I don't care about stupid people or illogical beliefs as long as they pose no threat to me.

What if those beliefs then go on to dictate laws over you as a non-believer?

Unsealed Phantom

It comes down to faith. Faith doesn't require any facts, wich is why it's faith.

Saying mankind is the closest thing to any god is pretty dumb. A god isn't dependant on water, food, air, sleep, warmth.

All we have is intelligence. We are just as, if not more, vulnerable to the forces of nature as any other living thing. We have buildings and infrastructure to protect us. It's not very effective, look up : Katrina, Fukushima, the Tsunami.

It might be a smart thing to create a bomb that could destroy the planet but it's not very wise.
We have a systeme that we rely on that is based on a non-renewable ressource. That means it's not sustainable, that means it will end.
We may think we master this world but so does an abusive father thinks he masters his children. We haven't mastered it, we are just destroying our home, and with it, ourselves.
Sounds like a suicidal god. And besides, if anything is close to god it's the sun. It doesn't rely on anything but the laws of physics.

Aged Lunatic

AvenirLegacy
Guys just look at her fscking Avatar, then ask yourselves "Why should I take this broad seriously when she speaks of God(s), on an Online Forum in Extended Discussion?"

And if she jumps this; Ad Hominum, or however you spell-check it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff