Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Recycler

5,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Macodrone

We burned the white house down, and that was just us running out of beer and getting bored. We make your rednecks look high class.

I've lived in syrupland for six years, and i didnt even know you ******** burnt down the white house. Damn thats awesome.
Toastgineer
Macodrone

We burned the white house down, and that was just us running out of beer and getting bored. We make your rednecks look high class.

I've lived in syrupland for six years, and i didnt even know you ******** burnt down the white house. Damn thats awesome.

Yupp, in the war of 1812, we marched from our capital to the American capital then burned the capital building down, not once but twice in that war.

Fanatical Zealot

Macodrone
As a Canadian,I can tell you exactly how this would go, I've talked about this with a friend.

We would tactically retreat northward, we're used to it, we would tactically retreat to the west into the mountains and await reinforcement from our MANY MANY MANY allies.
We would have Russian support. British support, many European countries would ally with us.

...why exactly would Russia support you? O.o

And what do you have to offer to these European countries, exactly?

Quote:
Assuming our allies hold out (We're actually a lot closer with Russia than you guys are)

Erm... I doubt it. [1][2][3][4][5]

Also considering the Canada has the harshest economic restrictions, yet.

Quote:
we'd have English ships to the east, and Russian ships to the west. Blockading your navy.

Our Navy is 13 times larger than the next largest navies in the world, combined, we have more nuclear submarines than most countries have ships, and we're the only country in the world to have a super carrier, that is an aircraft which can carry full sized aircraft instead of helicopters or jump jets, and we have nuclear ones that can stay out at sea for many decades. Only like, three other countries in the world have nuclear aircraft carriers at all, a few more have submarines, and it's like 1 for each country.

We can own your airspace and naval space since we could send over 1000 aircraft anywhere in the world within about 72 hours, and we are literally completely unchallenged. The next highest is like 40, and they need diesel fuel, while ours will have power from the nuclear engines for like, another 50 years. How would they get their craft here, in the first place? Without our level of power projection, their equipment is useful defensively, but not much else. And it's mostly designed for their specific countries, like for snow or the desert, instead of all terrain, since they don't expect to use them in any other environment. Assuming they had the forces to compete with us.

Quote:
As we fall back, we could either wait for winter, cold reaching well below -40 (we're used to these temperatures. Ontario is going to be -40 tomorrow apparently).

Clothing I'm sure, can help to handle this issue.

With with nano aero gels and whatnot. [1][2]

Quote:
In the west, there are MANY many many towns that have only one road in.

Any attempt to bomb, cruise missile or nuke Canada would have everyone in the world supporting us.

Erm... doubt it. But that's what the whole false flag thing is for.

Quote:
In our short years as a country, we've done more humanitarian work than the USA, helped many of your enemies.

Now it's obvious you're crazy. Which enemies have you helped of ours? O.o Hezbollah? Al Qaeda? I doubt it, even if you think so.

Also, I really, really doubt you've done more humanitarian work. Not to discredit your efforts, your international aid is around 4.91 billion a year, where as the U.S. is around 31.55. And that's just governmeant aid, with us giving the most in private aid, as well. As far as proportional giving goes, like services and money, given population etc., U.S. also consistently ranks 1-2, and has so for many decades.

Was it Canada that saved Haiti from the Earthquake? Philipines from the Hurricane? Japan from the nuclear melt down of their reactors? No? Even Japan couldn't save itself from it's own poorly designed reactors? I think I rest my case.

Quote:
We'd have troops from Britain, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, who are all our major allies.

Define "major".

Quote:
Canada has strong economic ties with China, and Taiwan. More than yall. Not to mention our long standing policy of taking in Chinese immigrants and our large Chinese population.

I'm pretty sure Canada likes America first, what with the whole, we'll threaten to give the oil to China thing...

Also, China depends on us for all their money, if they get cut off from American consumers, China goes by-by. Yeah, things may go up 10% in price, but all our American would get their old jobs back, so we don't really need China, china needs us.,

Quote:
Invading our country might cost us 15million Canadian lives, but we and our allies could wipe you off the map, unless you decided to push the button, then there'd be full out nuclear Armageddon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_Canada#Europe

Ehrm... I doubt it. Considering we have a navy larger than the last 13 combined, the only one with power projection (that is, the ability to actually send our aircraft and warships and tanks and whatnot overseas) anywhere near on the magnitude we have, has more spending than the rest of the world's military combined, the only 4th and 5th generation aircraft, true stealth aircraft, we have 6400 out of 8400 of the world's attack helicopters, nearly half of all the world's aircraft, and, more importantly, we can get them over to your enemies, while msot of them only have airforce bases for instance that can fly planes, you know, within the radius of those bases. They don't have mobile bases, like the U.S.'s air force, Not even close! Most other countries borrow our aircraft carriers. And we have 10!

Frankly, it's embarrassing. *Maybe* if you said cheaper healthcare or something, you might have something, but, military? Come on bro, that's the only thing we've got the entire world beat on, every day, any day, assuming they all came to bail you out.

Ukraine provides a huge chunk of Europe's FOOD, it acts as a buffer between them and Russia, and it's a direct affront to Europe's sovereignty since Russia threatened to invade if they joined the EU, and did, and Europe ain't doing s**t about it.

But they will come in to save those Canadians who... wait, who are they again?

Quote:
We've even, up until recently had major ties to some extremist radical middle eastern countries like Pakistan, Iran, we even have very very vague economic ties to North Korea.

Seriously.
******** WITH US. I ******** dare you. Not to mention our soldiers, just regular soldiers have training equal to a fully trained marine. Your standing army would be cannon fodder, our special forces, including JTF-2 are feared and revered around the world.

I also doubt that. I mean yes, JTF-2 are great and all, but when you compare them to Navy Seals, Green Berets, Army Rangers, Force Recon, Delta Force, I mean... there's just no comparison.

And even if 1 on 1 you were as good as a marine let's say, you still have about a 1/30th our military forces. You wouldn't really last at all.

Quote:
Seriously though, seriously. over 70 years of amicable diplomatic relations with Iran, vs 3 years of cut contact.
If we wanted to, we could call in some favors to a lot of countries that would s**t themselves at the chance to kill American's and not get in trouble for it.

How would they get them over here to America?

That's just the first question, not whether or not they would come at your beck and call, and whether or not they care enough about Canada to risk war with the U.S. I mean, they don't go to war with us when Israel is occupied by the Jews, their mortal enemies, but they will attack us if Canada gets invaded.

Kind of thinking you're overstating your importance. At least a little.

Quote:
Not only that!
We've served together for over 100 years.
We know your tactics. We know your capabilities and we'd be completely prepared.

Completely is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Quote:
Yeah 30m people in a country second only to Russia in size.

If by second you mean "37th" than yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Quote:
With mountains, tundra, plains, grasslands and "jungle" to hide in. Needle in a hay stack, A lot of us might die, but ask any soldier about our marksmen, our snipers, and our fighters. We're scary ********]
The forest there isn't very dense. It's easy to see through, even with images from satellites, due to it's dispersion, and the snow only makes it easier to spot people from the background. Thermal and microwave imaging systems can also spot your tanks and whatnot, so camofluage or seeing them from the sky with images is irrelevant. There's really no way to hide a tank's thermal signature, in the snow, since it will melt it and give you away; worst place to hide something hot is in the cold. Desert can work, though. Once your airforce is taken out (pretty much a no contest...), it's a matter of taking out the big guns, like tanks, and then sending in infantry to mop up the rest. It's not inherently difficult to fight in the snow, and with our instances in Iraq and Afghanistan having been snow and heat (since it's cold at night and warm during the day), we've had lots of practice from that alone.

With any hope, we'd have overtaken all the important parts of Canada, and if you decide to live in the North, we won't bother you. Happy enough with all the cities, where 90%+ of the people live. Honestly, why would we even follow you up there, other than just to kill you?

Quote:

That was Britain. Canada didn't even exist yet. And, in case you didn't notice, we repelled the attacks, and Britain never bothered us again. xp
^
Long meandering post cataloging his lack of world knowledge.

Quote:

Idiot, we have the second largest amount of territory and land mass.

Fanatical Zealot

Macodrone
^
Long meandering post cataloging his lack of world knowledge.

Quote:

Idiot, we have the second largest amount of territory and land mass.

rolleyes

Let's assume that's the case; people don't live out there, and that territory isn't useful, so why would we worry about it? Taking over Canada really just makes taking over the core cities.

Also, I have sources for almost everything I said. From the U.S. having a navy larger than the next 14th largest combined, and Britain's, or any country, or all the world's countries, having the ability to blockade us is more or less impossible, and roughly 50% of the world's military spending, with 4th and 5th generation aircraft, while the next best country has 3.5. These are all facts.

For the things I don't have sources for, like Iran backing you up, Iran hasn't even attacked America for our involvement with Israel, their mortal enemies, and yet, you think they'd come bail you out? Wut? You've got to at least admit half your stuff makes no sense.

Angelic Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
1.- Canada sells there oil to u.s.a and Canada buys them back. U.S. is making a profit off of Canada. Earth only has so much oil supply. It won't solve your problems, only temporarily.

2. Actually Canada bigger. U.S. only rated 3rd biggest country switch is tied with China.

5. U.S. has a huge history of corruption. Remember black enslavement? what about when they bombed japan (or china) and killed millions of innocent of people? What about female discrimination? U.S. isn't innocent as you claim to be.

3,4,5, 6 (basically every one)- Not a valid reason to start a war.

Here are reason for U.S. not to start a war with Canada

1. U.S. need allies. You can't start a war without help. Since Canada and U.S. are already allies it would be stupid to gain a enemy.

2. The cost of wars. U.S. is already in debt. It doesn't need another war because the people who live under u.s.a has to pay for it when they can't afford it. Taxes would go up and make the poorer poor.

3. Possibly gaining more enemies intended. If u.s. wanted a war just because. This would make other countries hate u.s. even more than it is (u.s.a is top 10 most hated countries).

4. Possibility of other countries protecting Canada against U.S.

5.Possibility U.S. could loose the battle and leave the people to suffer from a ruthless leader.

6. Hundreds of people will die. There lives are not worth to fight over oil.

7. It would be unethical to start a war over nothing.

Fanatical Zealot

Sam-DeanWinchester
1.- Canada sells there oil to u.s.a and Canada buys them back. U.S. is making a profit off of Canada. Earth only has so much oil supply. It won't solve your problems, only temporarily.

2. Actually Canada bigger. U.S. only rated 3rd biggest country switch is tied with China.

5. U.S. has a huge history of corruption. Remember black enslavement? what about when they bombed japan (or china) and killed millions of innocent of people? What about female discrimination? U.S. isn't innocent as you claim to be.

1. U.S. need allies. You can't start a war without help. Since Canada and U.S. are already allies it would be stupid to gain a enemy.

2. The cost of wars. U.S. is already in debt. It doesn't need another war because the people who live under u.s.a has to pay for it when they can't afford it. Taxes would go up and make the poorer poor.

3. Possibly gaining more enemies intended. If u.s. wanted a war just because. This would make other countries hate u.s. even more than it is (u.s.a is top 10 most hated countries).

5.Possibility U.S. could loose the battle and leave the people to suffer from a ruthless leader.

You hush now!

Don't come in here with your logic and facts! talk2hand

Also I believe I resolve most of these issues with query number 6. xp

Also, only hundreds of thousands died from the bombing in Japan, and that was mostly an accident, since we didn't know how much the radiation would effect people. xp

Shameless Hoarder

63,400 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Sam-DeanWinchester

To add on to these points:
Canada is a major supplier of electricity to the U.S. If the U.S. invaded, Canada would shut off all of the hydroelectric power that it exports to the U.S., causing massive blackouts across the country.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff