Welcome to Gaia! ::

TJ Raptor
Xiam
Yobyaxes N
Mei tsuki7

And I have STILL to get a response from you after challenging your views on gender ideology. Countless feminists here on Gaia have challenged me and failed and it seems like you're my latest victim. Not one feminist has managed to defeat me in a debate, ever.

Now is that merely your opinion, or...?

I mean, I'm not very familiar with debates, exactly, but... it seems to me nobody usually "wins" a debate. Nobody is actually "defeated." Mostly because it's all opinion.

Though that Creationism debate between Bill Nye and John Ham was pretty interesting, and their answers to this question proved a pretty brutal blow.

But that's not what this thread is about.

Point is, I'm not familiar with your past debates. Did you provide links elsewhere to other debates wherein you run undefeated? Because for all we know, you could be bullshitting us right now.

As someone who actually debated him, how it works is that he demands proof from the person who doesn't have the burden of proof, he ignores everything that person is saying as if he didn't read it whatsoever, then he falsely claims that that person is strawmanning him, then he claims victory without making an argument other than "here's ten videos of feminists acting crazy, therefore the entire feminist movement is crazy!" Here's my debate with him; you should see all of that.

I did defeat you in a debate. The topic was "Are feminists batshit" and all you did was strawman and argue with me about labelling, as soon as the debate started mind you. So basically, you destroyed yourself in that debate by arguing with me about something that had nothing to do with the question.
Xiam
TJ Raptor
Xiam
Yobyaxes N
Mei tsuki7

And I have STILL to get a response from you after challenging your views on gender ideology. Countless feminists here on Gaia have challenged me and failed and it seems like you're my latest victim. Not one feminist has managed to defeat me in a debate, ever.

I mean, I'm not very familiar with debates, exactly, but... it seems to me nobody usually "wins" a debate. Nobody is actually "defeated." Mostly because it's all opinion.

Though that Creationism debate between Bill Nye and John Ham was pretty interesting, and their answers to this question proved a pretty brutal blow.

Point is, I'm not familiar with your past debates. Did you provide links elsewhere to other debates wherein you run undefeated? Because for all we know, you could be bullshitting us right now.

As someone who actually debated him, how it works is that he demands proof from the person who doesn't have the burden of proof, he ignores everything that person is saying as if he didn't read it whatsoever, then he falsely claims that that person is strawmanning him, then he claims victory without making an argument other than "here's ten videos of feminists acting crazy, therefore the entire feminist movement is crazy!" Here's my debate with him; you should see all of that.

Oh geez, that reminds me of when I was a kid and played table tennis, and claimed i was winning because I just smashed the ball past the other person playing. Which I'm pretty sure is not how you play table tennis. rofl

Yeah, TJ Raptor sure does think that by strawmanning me that he's won the debate.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Yobyaxes N
Xiam
Yobyaxes N
Mei tsuki7

That would be the case if one actually saw it that way.

But yes, I provide links all the time. Too bad being that they go against feminism, my opponents don't read them. When all the anti-feminists videos on Youtube have so many likes, just goes to show just how much feminists cover their ears to opposing views.

I meant links to the threads where you were "undefeated," but alright...
Xiam
Yobyaxes N
Xiam
Yobyaxes N
Mei tsuki7

That would be the case if one actually saw it that way.

But yes, I provide links all the time. Too bad being that they go against feminism, my opponents don't read them. When all the anti-feminists videos on Youtube have so many likes, just goes to show just how much feminists cover their ears to opposing views.

I meant links to the threads where you were "undefeated," but alright...

You already saw it.
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but it's an important point I wanted to touch on.

The whole "I don't need feminism because WHAT ABOUT THE MENZ!" thing is kind of completely ridiculous. I mean, other people have mentioned that feminism includes fighting for lots of men's issues, but I would posit that, even if it didn't, feminism would still be completely legitimate.

Think of it this way. If I said, "You know, I don't really like to call myself a sci-fi fan because drama and historical fiction are really good too," then people would look at me like I'm an idiot. You can like more than one thing. You can read more than one thing. Just because I'm a sci-fi fan doesn't mean I can't be a fan of anything else. Likewise, just because I'm a feminist doesn't mean I'm not concerned with anything that doesn't have to do with feminism. In theory, I could be all for women's rights and equality while supporting an entire separate movement for men's rights. Or, you know, things that are a little more pressing like the rights of racial minorities or the rights of LGBTAQ individuals or helping the homeless or literally whatever social issue I felt compelled to care about. The fact that feminism isn't about men doesn't invalidate it, and the attitude that it needs to include men to be respected is also sort of why we still DO need feminism.

Tipsy Friend

4,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
A lot of the women at the link stated that they are not feminist because they are not oppressed, refuse to "Play the victim", and are not victimized. I really don't understand why these are reasons to not be apart of a movement. You can be straight and fight for LGBT rights, you can be human and fight for animal rights, you can be a office worker and fight for the rights of labor unions. Just because you are not included in the group, or have not experienced the struggles that (many) other women face doesn't mean you have to reject it.

Just because feminism is thought of to be an ~~~all-girls society for the hatred of men and all those opposed~~~ doesn't mean that it is? Sure you have those that embrace the role, but you have those kind of over embracing people in all groups. And the history of feminism and their activist role is actually pretty interesting. There are over 30 different kinds of views in feminism, with all of them having the equal discussion on equality for all. Feminism is highly intersectional.

Okay so I saw a mention on MRAs also. And fine, I think I might admit that they had a point that not all MRA activists are extreme misogynistic white men. But I fail to see the other men then that are not like this. Also, I do not promote the MRA agenda because one, feminism for me already includes the issues (Except for the mysterious friendzone) and two, because WOMEN DO NOT HOLD THE SAME ABILITY TO OPPRESS MEN AS MEN DO TOWARDS WOMEN.

My favorite photo was the woman who claimed that she didn't "Need a 'leg up' to succeed" I just want to know where she works and how long it'll take her to get into a CEO position.

P.S. All of them seem to have white-passing privileges, which means they have way more resources to maintain dignity and positions within the society.
P.P.S the captsua is can't have nice things lol

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I told you Feminism hurts the female image. The smart women are starting figuring it out.

BTW women, if you call yourself independent and need feminism because of... Put 2 and 2 together.
chainmailleman
I told you Feminism hurts the female image. The smart women are starting figuring it out.

BTW women, if you call yourself independent and need feminism because of... Put 2 and 2 together.

.... What?

I don't...

I can't...

Ok, I'm not sure where you're missing the mark here, so let me just cover all the bases.

A. Independent means "free from outside control." It doesn't mean, "doesn't need anything." I mean, are you not independent because you need food and water? Are you trying to argue that needing something or depending on something means you cannot claim true independence? Because sure, if we argue semantics, then yeah. That's true. Humans can not, by their nature, ever be 100% independent creatures, as we depend on all sorts of things around us. But if this is your argument, then it's a strawman because women arguing for their own independence are specifically arguing for the power to control their own lives and make their own decisions. Feminism aids us in widening the choices we can make and obtaining the ability for us to make those choices in the first place.

B. Are people who argue for the necessity of capitalism or democracy also not independent? Feminism is just an ideological view of what the world should or should not be. All people rely on such views, whether those views are feminism, democracy, religion, etc. However, advocating for the necessity of those ideological forms does not mean that we are being controlled by outside forces. I mean, certainly one can use ideology to manipulate and control others, but it isn't necessarily inherent in the existence of that ideology.

C. You seem to be forgetting the rest of that statement. I need feminism because.... something. I need feminism in order to accomplish X. Again, need doesn't imply outside control. I need a shovel to dig a hole. Does that mean the shovel controls me? No. Feminism is a tool that we need to accomplish the goal of equality among genders. It's a tool we need to ensure our own freedom and independence.

Ok, I think I'm on the verge of repeating myself here. Mainly because I'm not sure where you got lost. I don't know.

Dapper Man-Lover

14,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Brandisher 100
garra_eyes
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but it's an important point I wanted to touch on.

The whole "I don't need feminism because WHAT ABOUT THE MENZ!" thing is kind of completely ridiculous. I mean, other people have mentioned that feminism includes fighting for lots of men's issues, but I would posit that, even if it didn't, feminism would still be completely legitimate.

Think of it this way. If I said, "You know, I don't really like to call myself a sci-fi fan because drama and historical fiction are really good too," then people would look at me like I'm an idiot. You can like more than one thing. You can read more than one thing. Just because I'm a sci-fi fan doesn't mean I can't be a fan of anything else. Likewise, just because I'm a feminist doesn't mean I'm not concerned with anything that doesn't have to do with feminism. In theory, I could be all for women's rights and equality while supporting an entire separate movement for men's rights. Or, you know, things that are a little more pressing like the rights of racial minorities or the rights of LGBTAQ individuals or helping the homeless or literally whatever social issue I felt compelled to care about. The fact that feminism isn't about men doesn't invalidate it, and the attitude that it needs to include men to be respected is also sort of why we still DO need feminism.
The thing is feminism fights to be the only voice in the discussion of gender rights. Many feminists say that men don't need their own movement because feminism is already working on their problems. Which is all well and good, if they ever got to them men's problems. But because they do not fight for men's issues, the question what about the men comes up (also the fact that "WHAT ABOUT THE MENZ!" is a feminist joke shows how little they actually care about men's issues.)

To bring back your analogy, imagine a video store, and you say "I would like a drama or historical fiction." and their response was "We only care about sci-fi here." You may think to yourself, well that is not a video store that is just a sci-fi store. That is feminism.

So is feminism a movement for both genders or just women. If it is just for women, can men get their own movement? They have lots of issues that need addressing. If it is for both genders, when are you guys going to start working on those male issues?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
garra_eyes
chainmailleman

.... What?

I don't...

I can't...

Ok, I'm not sure where you're missing the mark here, so let me just cover all the bases.

A. Independent means "free from outside control." It doesn't mean, "doesn't need anything." I mean, are you not independent because you need food and water? Are you trying to argue that needing something or depending on something means you cannot claim true independence? Because sure, if we argue semantics, then yeah. That's true. Humans can not, by their nature, ever be 100% independent creatures, as we depend on all sorts of things around us. But if this is your argument, then it's a strawman because women arguing for their own independence are specifically arguing for the power to control their own lives and make their own decisions. Feminism aids us in widening the choices we can make and obtaining the ability for us to make those choices in the first place.

B. Are people who argue for the necessity of capitalism or democracy also not independent? Feminism is just an ideological view of what the world should or should not be. All people rely on such views, whether those views are feminism, democracy, religion, etc. However, advocating for the necessity of those ideological forms does not mean that we are being controlled by outside forces. I mean, certainly one can use ideology to manipulate and control others, but it isn't necessarily inherent in the existence of that ideology.

C. You seem to be forgetting the rest of that statement. I need feminism because.... something. I need feminism in order to accomplish X. Again, need doesn't imply outside control. I need a shovel to dig a hole. Does that mean the shovel controls me? No. Feminism is a tool that we need to accomplish the goal of equality among genders. It's a tool we need to ensure our own freedom and independence.

Ok, I think I'm on the verge of repeating myself here. Mainly because I'm not sure where you got lost. I don't know.

Low IQ 111 (Fun Giraffe or whatever) que him in.
chainmailleman

what?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
fun giraffe
chainmailleman

what?

Give him an idea of who I am here in the ED. My legendary character here seems to elude this poor fellow.
chainmailleman
fun giraffe
chainmailleman

what?

Give him an idea of who I am here in the ED. My legendary character here seems to elude this poor fellow.

Idk who you are anymore

Guess I never really did though

I was just skimming thru some of the threads

Not sure why you mentioned me
Mothers all agree
Making babies ain't what it used to be
so they decided to stop giving birth
It ain't worth their world's overpopulated anyways so no more birthdays

Do ya have any work for me
I need something to take my mind off things I
I need another life

Do ya have a house for me I need something big
I can hide from myself
But you gotta give it up give it up give it up give it up
Lambs and Lions
. If it is just for women, can men get their own movement?

no you're not allowed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces