Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ryo Tarn
Culture =/= race; so that entire rant was utterly useless and idiotic.
You realize there's a difference between Chinese Culture and Japanese Culture right? Despite how both countries are primarily Asian? And that similarly German Culture is vastly different from Greek Culture despite both being primarily Caucasian?
So yeah; that whole rant is useless and ignorant for pretending like they're the same thing.

BTW; Culture is defined as: 1cul·ture
noun ˈkəl-chər

: the beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time

: a particular society that has its own beliefs, ways of life, art, etc.

: a way of thinking, behaving, or working that exists in a place or organization (such as a business)

It's deals with society; not race. There are different races within cultures; so it isn't a cultural issue (that's a red herring) it's based on the prejudicial notion that the races are somehow inherently different in a meaningful way.
And next time, if you're going to respond to me then quote me; not yourself.

Oh? I never even mentioned the Japanese, I never said Japan was the same as China. I did however mention a variety of different ethnic groups that are living within China that have different cultures.

Hell, even among the "Japanese" there's a variety of different cultural groups.

As for society over race...
It deals with, according to what you quoted said "a particular society, group, place, or time." the first definition it falls under, a group.
An ethnic group, is a particular group and a number of different ethnic groups, each with their own culture, can live in a singular state.

You are right that there can be different "races" within a particular "culture" however there are cultures which are closed off to particular ethnic groups.

There are however quite a large variety of different "subcultures" that are not prone to ethnic lines at all.

Anyways, I've grown disinterested in this.
----

Historically speaking, you are technically right. Most did not have the cultural view of this, the majority did it because they were southern hicks who didn't like the idea of whites mixing with blacks and they were racist as all hell.
Genetically speaking, "race" doesn't really exist. There is more genetic diversity between people of the same "race" as there is between people of different "races".

There does exist different "ethnic groups" but these are socially created.

Tenacious Genius

4,650 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Hygienic 200
Wraith of Azrael
Ryo Tarn
Culture =/= race; so that entire rant was utterly useless and idiotic.
You realize there's a difference between Chinese Culture and Japanese Culture right? Despite how both countries are primarily Asian? And that similarly German Culture is vastly different from Greek Culture despite both being primarily Caucasian?
So yeah; that whole rant is useless and ignorant for pretending like they're the same thing.

BTW; Culture is defined as: 1cul·ture
noun ˈkəl-chər

: the beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time

: a particular society that has its own beliefs, ways of life, art, etc.

: a way of thinking, behaving, or working that exists in a place or organization (such as a business)

It's deals with society; not race. There are different races within cultures; so it isn't a cultural issue (that's a red herring) it's based on the prejudicial notion that the races are somehow inherently different in a meaningful way.
And next time, if you're going to respond to me then quote me; not yourself.

Oh? I never even mentioned the Japanese, I never said Japan was the same as China. I did however mention a variety of different ethnic groups that are living within China that have different cultures.

Hell, even among the "Japanese" there's a variety of different cultural groups.

As for society over race...
It deals with, according to what you quoted said "a particular society, group, place, or time." the first definition it falls under, a group.
An ethnic group, is a particular group and a number of different ethnic groups, each with their own culture, can live in a singular state.

You are right that there can be different "races" within a particular "culture" however there are cultures which are closed off to particular ethnic groups.

There are however quite a large variety of different "subcultures" that are not prone to ethnic lines at all.

Anyways, I've grown disinterested in this.
----

Historically speaking, you are technically right. Most did not have the cultural view of this, the majority did it because they were southern hicks who didn't like the idea of whites mixing with blacks and they were racist as all hell.
Genetically speaking, "race" doesn't really exist. There is more genetic diversity between people of the same "race" as there is between people of different "races".

There does exist different "ethnic groups" but these are socially created.
I mentioned China; pointing out the idiocy in the idea that culture is the same as race.

And again; all that does nothing to prove race=culture and thus it's utterly useless and a red herring, it has nothing to do with being against racial mixing since (as you've admitted) there can be different races within the same culture.

Absolutely about the genetics. And thus there's no reason to be against racial mixing. Being against racial mixing remains racist; being against cultural mixing isn't the same thing.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Haven't been here since the first page.
When the hell did this become a thread about racism?

Dapper Dabbler

10,615 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
just got caught up with this thread...man, do you guys really suck.
Ok? What's your point? I don't like seafood or cocoanuts, but who really gives a flying ******** about my opinion on them if not asked? You can disapprove all you want and it can have all sorts of implications about who you are as a person and your upbringing, but at the end of the day, who gives a s**t? What you can't do is try to take away their rights and say they shouldn't have equal protections under the law. Other than that, have at it. Disapprove away.
Distorted_Rage
Oh crap this is going to end in a shitstorm.

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

I do not hate people because they're homosexual
I am 100% positive about my own sexuality
I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

Well right on, I could care less if they want to get married but I'd never dream of being with another male.

Eveeeer.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Exoth XIII
Haven't been here since the first page.
When the hell did this become a thread about racism?

First picture
User Image
Second picture

Tipsy Lunatic

"Should" isn't an argument.

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Quote:
just got caught up with this thread...man, do you guys really suck.

Yes we do..... How does this happen. Good god!

soa kain's Husband

Aged Genius

Distorted_Rage

I was raised and taught a certain way and believe a man should be with another women.

I have an opinion that I have every right to express due to the fact that it is based on my own understanding, upbringing, and it is not a hate speech.
It is foolish to think someone is a bigot or hasn't embraced their sexuality because they think this
way.
Saying that I don't have the right to say such a thing is more oppressive then the gay community goes through. Society (at least in the US) will accept homosexuality and will make other think the same.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

yeah you are fine man.
I was raised the same way and it can honestly be taken a step further.
and anyone is offended they can go ******** themselves.

I am actually homophobic, the word Phobic doesnt imply hate, it implies fear or even discomfort.
I am homophobic meaning homosexuals make me uncomfortable, I am straight and there is not a damned thing wrong with that. and as me being straight would imply I am not interested in men. now I also have a very strict sense of morals. I do not even look at women with lust in my heart. to me its wrong to even think dirty thoughts. so having some c**k sucker drooling at me in a homosexual frenzy freaks me the ******** out. and it would freak me out almost as much as if it was a woman. only the women I like are not like that and every homo I met is EXACTLY like that, in your face gay. so hence I have a justified reason to be homophobic, and it has nothing to do with hate or intolerance

Quotable Prophet

Distorted_Rage

way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

Okay, so you feel this way. Fine. You don't have to like it. That's your opinion and you're free to it just as much as those who feel it isn't a sin or that big of a deal. Though it is a little pretentious to say your difficulty getting to say that makes you more oppressed than what the gay community goes through since the gay community had a history of arrests, harassment, and lynching to deal with for their feelings while those who hate them mostly get yelled at. At least keep your context accurate.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
laffett
Distorted_Rage

way.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets ******** do this.

yeah you are fine man.
I was raised the same way and it can honestly be taken a step further.
and anyone is offended they can go ******** themselves.

I am actually homophobic, the word Phobic doesnt imply hate, it implies fear or even discomfort.
I am homophobic meaning homosexuals make me uncomfortable, I am straight and there is not a damned thing wrong with that. and as me being straight would imply I am not interested in men. now I also have a very strict sense of morals. I do not even look at women with lust in my heart. to me its wrong to even think dirty thoughts. so having some c**k sucker drooling at me in a homosexual frenzy freaks me the ******** out. and it would freak me out almost as much as if it was a woman. only the women I like are not like that and every homo I met is EXACTLY like that, in your face gay. so hence I have a justified reason to be homophobic, and it has nothing to do with hate or intolerance

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Not all gay men are "out", or "loud and proud" if they are out, and most probably are not drooling all over you - you've probably met guys who are gay, and not even realised it, because aside from those who fit the stereotype, there really is no way to tell if someone is homosexual or not unless they tell you. Gay men are also just like every other man, and perfectly capable of not looking at everyone as a potential ******** buddy. Also, not all gay men suck c**k smile Just so you know.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
laffett
so having some c**k sucker drooling at me in a homosexual frenzy freaks me the ******** out.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about on that regard.
And that you are worried about it is actually something you should address. Because if you were comfortable with your sexuality, the sexualities of others wouldn't bother you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff