Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Bunny

9,525 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I will keep this short and sweet since I'm on my phone and typing is a dirty whore.

People need to STOP HAVING SO MANY ******** KIDS. Seriously. Our population is fine. Stop trying to be like octomom. It amazes me how many mothers I see with anywhere from 3 to 5 little shits. We don't need more kids. We need to stop spawning.

Also, we need to fix this obesity problem. I've watched it get worse and worse...ugh.

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
GardeniaSky
I will keep this short and sweet since I'm on my phone and typing is a dirty whore.

People need to STOP HAVING SO MANY ******** KIDS. Seriously. Our population is fine. Stop trying to be like octomom. It amazes me how many mothers I see with anywhere from 3 to 5 little shits. We don't need more kids. We need to stop spawning.

Also, we need to fix this obesity problem. I've watched it get worse and worse...ugh.

It's pretty sad all the women that keep getting knocked up despite not being able to afford the kids they already have. My ex-bff had her fourth about a year and a half ago. All four of her kids are from different fathers, she refuses to get her tubes tied or keep an IUD in, yet makes excuses on not using other methods of contraception. Of course, plenty of women are like her, and also use their kids as a sympathy crutch to get benefits from the state, win bogus lawsuits, and take advantage of friends and acquaintances.
And of course, then there is the anti-choicers.

As for obesity, it cannot be "fixed". People cannot be forced to make healthy choices, especially if they cannot afford them(how many young adults go through a period where they live off of mostly ramen noodles?) Sometimes biology is unkind as well(People who can gorge themselves yet stay thin, while other people eat healthy or starve themselves yet stay obese)
The overall fertility rate in many developed countries is below or just slightly above the replacement rate of two. Chances are if a woman has an internet connection and is reading your post, her personal choices are not drastically changing the overall population of the planet.

The real problem is people are living too long. We should tell the elderly to just get on with it.
Tee the Wicked
GardeniaSky

It's pretty sad all the women that keep getting knocked up despite not being able to afford the kids they already have. My ex-bff had her fourth about a year and a half ago. All four of her kids are from different fathers, she refuses to get her tubes tied or keep an IUD in, yet makes excuses on not using other methods of contraception. Of course, plenty of women are like her, and also use their kids as a sympathy crutch to get benefits from the state, win bogus lawsuits, and take advantage of friends and acquaintances.

As for obesity, it cannot be "fixed". People cannot be forced to make healthy choices, especially if they cannot afford them(how many young adults go through a period where they live off of mostly ramen noodles?) Sometimes biology is unkind as well(People who can gorge themselves yet stay thin, while other people eat healthy or starve themselves yet stay obese)

Eating healthy was never that expensive compared to eating out. Of course that requires cooking.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
meh overpopulation will work itself out.
Anybody who thinks we have overpopulation should visit Wyoming and Alaska.
If you think overpopulation is a problem push to increase prosperity and decrease child mortality in developing countries. As their futures become more stable families have less kids.

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
God Emperor Baldur
Tee the Wicked
GardeniaSky

Eating healthy was never that expensive compared to eating out. Of course that requires cooking.

I don't see your correlation there. Who ever said anything about eating out? Also, one can eat healthy while eating out. Eating mostly ramen noodles is extremely unhealthy, but it's much cheaper than eating healthy. I lived off of ramen when I was younger, and while I'm not diabetic, I had trouble keeping my blood sugar at a healthy level, and as well, I can't say it was an enjoyable meal. It's likely one of the reasons I still deal with anorexia(not to be confused with anorexia nervosa) to this day.
Of course, aside from my nearly constant lack of appetite, I can afford to eat relatively healthy now, and I do. But, I do know from experience how near-impossible it is to eat healthy when one has almost no money for food.
Tee the Wicked
God Emperor Baldur
Tee the Wicked
GardeniaSky

I don't see your correlation there. Who ever said anything about eating out? Also, one can eat healthy while eating out. Eating mostly ramen noodles is extremely unhealthy, but it's much cheaper than eating healthy. I lived off of ramen when I was younger, and while I'm not diabetic, I had trouble keeping my blood sugar at a healthy level, and as well, I can't say it was an enjoyable meal. It's likely one of the reasons I still deal with anorexia(not to be confused with anorexia nervosa) to this day.
Of course, aside from my nearly constant lack of appetite, I can afford to eat relatively healthy now, and I do. But, I do know from experience how near-impossible it is to eat healthy when one has almost no money for food.

Making your own energy bars from oats and berries will cost a lot less than ramen per use of course. Either way, nothing is more important than your health, not even money (And not even the law).

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
God Emperor Baldur

Making your own energy bars from oats and berries will cost a lot less than ramen per use of course.

That's entirely possible, but heavily dependent on where you live; produce can be quite costly in some places, and not everyone has access to cheap chain grocers like Walmart. As well, they won't be any more filling, nor will they be any more healthy. Replacing starch, sodium and artificially-added nutrients with starch, sugar, and naturally-occurring nutrients. One also has to take into consideration that fruit spoils,and oats can get worms.
There are many factors that some may not have the time or knowledge to properly weigh in.
Of course, that all comes right back down to money being the issue. Many people with little money likely have more pressing matters on their mind like paying the bills, finishing school and/or finding regular work.

God Emperor Baldur
Either way, nothing is more important than your health, not even money (And not even the law).

lol on ignoring the law to stay healthy. Sorry, but most people would rather not risk ruining their lives(more or less, considering even misdemeanors can now bar people from jobs and assistance) to steal a little bit of food when they can afford an unhealthy alternative. Interestingly, years ago I shoplifted plenty of times from a local big chain grocer when a series of misfortunate events led to me having to choose between paying rent and power or buying food.
This post seems like a butt-hurt intrusion on other people's lives, but the same individual would love to tell someone it doesn't affect you in other political aspects.
GardeniaSky

Reproductive rates are shrinking around the globe. If current trends continue in two or three decades birth rates will fall below the level required to sustain the population. If they keep falling below that entire societies might collapse in 80 years.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
GardeniaSky
You're not one of those 'childfree' people, are you...?

~~~

LoveLoud837
This post seems like a butt-hurt intrusion on other people's lives...
So do the majority of your posts, mluck; flecks and planks, and all that.
LoveLoud837
...but the same individual would love to tell someone it doesn't affect you in other political aspects.
Also in tune with most of your posts, whatever you're trying to say here doesn't make sense.

Zealot

Obesity is the solution to overpopulation. Cardiovascular disease is just waiting to pounce.
Population is a complex issue as it is a regional issue and a global issue.

You see, in Europe, in Canada, and in parts of Asia (The US does not have this problem) the population birth rate is too low, it tends to hover around 1.6 ish.

The problem with this is that as baby boomers begin to retire you're having an increasingly lower amount of workers with an increasingly higher amount of old people for them to support, it's a very worrying thing for governments as they can't exactly take care of the elderly in that case.

On the otherhand you have parts of the world which remain underdeveloped which have MASSIVE population growth (I think the largest one has....an average fertility rate of 7 children per women).

You want lower population growth? Develop those regions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff