Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

Its funny.

Beloved Lunatic

Not enough punch in that joke to offend -- worth an eye roll at the most.
SirPuzzle
Zeto
Is it insulting or complimentary? And to whom is it so? Opinions?

User Image

It seems to me it's a joke meant to insult women.

I think it was funny, it made me smile.

This is how I interpret the joke, I think what the joke is trying to say that women don't know what it's like to have someone constantly bothering them and will not leave them alone. This implies though that men do know what it's like to have someone constantly nagging and complaining to them (their girlfriends/wives).

You know it's a joke about the stereotype of girlfriends and wives constantly nagging and complaining to their boyfriends/husbands and are never satisfied.

The funny thing about this joke is if a lot of women do take offense to this joke and verbally complain about it then they are only confirming the very point the joke is making. Women take themselves too seriously, they are never satisfied with anything, so they just constantly nag and complain (mainly to their boyfriends and husbands, them poor souls).

I'd be interested to hear if someone interprets the message differently than I have.

well it's either that or the complete opposite because he was being sarcastic...

i really can't tell either
SirPuzzle

I'd be interested to hear if someone interprets the message differently than I have.

Sounded like a shot at men to me. The popular idea is that men are a bunch of stalker rapists who continually haunt women and won't leave them alone. So the tweet was ironic, implying that women are actually better qualified to be Ghostbusters because of extensive experience with 'creepy' stalker rapist men.

Fanatical Zealot

So, is there going to be a female ghostbusters? O.o

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Just looked him up. The guy's friends with Rebecca Watson, and has posted other radfem stuff in his feed.

I'll treat him like another of Rebecca Watson's friends, Adam Savage, proof that an idiot can entertain and not be a jester. Or he could, if the main character he's voicing wasn't one introduced post-shark jump.
SirPuzzle
sitting cow
SirPuzzle
Zeto

User Image

This is how I interpret the joke, I think what the joke is trying to say that women don't know what it's like to have someone constantly bothering them and will not leave them alone. This implies though that men do know what it's like to have someone constantly nagging and complaining to them (their girlfriends/wives).

You know it's a joke about the stereotype of girlfriends and wives constantly nagging and complaining to their boyfriends/husbands and are never satisfied.

The funny thing about this joke is if a lot of women do take offense to this joke and verbally complain about it then they are only confirming the very point the joke is making. Women take themselves too seriously, they are never satisfied with anything, so they just constantly nag and complain (mainly to their boyfriends and husbands, them poor souls).

well it's either that or the complete opposite because he was being sarcastic...

i really can't tell either

Yeah that could be the case too.

I really don't know.

I don't like to assume I know what people are talking about anymore or when they're being sarcastic

I'm mentally broken

Feline Genius

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I think it's a joke and the author is saying people (probably men or children) hover around women all the time.

Buggy Mage

Thats confusing. I think confusion is the appropriate reaction.

Garbage

I would take it to mean "HA HA SMALL CHILDREN CAN BE SHITTY SOMETIMES" and then move on to whatever latest thing Randy Milholland is being bitter about.

Cute Furry

SirPuzzle
Zeto

User Image

You have it backwards, James is saying that women in general have a lot of experience with unwanted and persistent attention (hence, people hovering around them), it's more a jab at men.

My opinion? I thought the tweet was pretty funny-'cause-it's-true funny.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff