Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Glitch

Is it insulting or complimentary? And to whom is it so? Opinions?

User Image

Noob

I think it's supposed to be light-hearted and silly. But you could find ways to get offended and say "OH THAT'S SEXIST." I say it's fair game. Genders can poke fun at each other. Come up with a better comeback, I say.

And I found it pretty funny. Also I find it partially funny because men are WAY better at "hovering" when they say, want a woman to make them dinner.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Poorly worded, un-funny joke. I would just ignore it. Acting offended will just make him think he's doing something right.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Dunno.
Seems like it's just a joke.

Fanatical Zealot

As a bad but slightly humorous joke?

Fashionable Garbage

SirPuzzle

You know it's a joke about the stereotype of girlfriends and wives constantly nagging and complaining to their boyfriends/husbands and are never satisfied.

The funny thing about this joke is if a lot of women do take offense to this joke and verbally complain about it then they are only confirming the very point the joke is making. Women take themselves too seriously, they are never satisfied with anything, so they just constantly nag and complain (mainly to their boyfriends and husbands, them poor souls).

You hit the nail on the head. I interpreted it the same way. The joke seems like it may have been meant to be satire.
Ohohoooo yesss! Is funny because women actually deal with unwanted people dat hover around dem all da time! Ohoho guys always hit on women, is funny yes

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
help me with inquisitor & threadmaster?

❝ I'm female, and I found it amusing. ❞
... i don't get it

Timid Tipper

The joke went right over my head, honestly. I've no problem with people poking fun at genders though. It doesn't seem very malicious, just silly.

Liberal Sex Symbol

Neither, it's sarcastic irony.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
My first though was that it was sarcasm (referencing the stereotype of men who follow women around and refuse to leave them alone), but I am unfamiliar with the person who tweeted this, so I really have no idea what he meant.

Girl-Crazy Star

im pretty sure this is talking about unwanted men that keep bothering women.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff