Total Votes:[ 62 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
mnhnrnnyng
Stephen Harper is trying to turn Canada into USA.
I don't know who voted in this idiot.
He sold all our natural resources, and gave China authority to ******** with our laws.
He's also getting rid of the postal service.
that does not sound good at all.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
Chahklet
I'm just trying to make it for myself so it's difficult for me to think about things like that.
yes I understand what u mean
kittenspurpleandglitter
Love it! Keep the intelligent candor flowing! heart heart
I find this statement more interesting than anything actually posted above it.
It's funny how everyone calls the conversation occurring on their thread intelligent when the majority of posters are agreeing with their OP.

What you seem to be looking for is an echo-chamber.
I suggest Tumblr.com.

olive buffet's Datemate

kittenspurpleandglitter
mnhnrnnyng
He sold all our natural resources, and gave China authority to ******** with our laws.

Yeah, I really don't know who voted for him
He's gonna turn us into Detroit

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
kittenspurpleandglitter
Revolutionary Justice
kittenspurpleandglitter
Riviera de la Mancha
Depends on the issue and where the information is coming from.

If the congressional budget office tells me x number of dollars were allocated to, say, national defense, I trust that.

If a federal agency tells me it has reasonably secured the safety of American banking institutions from corruption, I get a second opinion.

mm i agree. i watched a show last weekend that was called filthy rich. It showed basically a bunch of people that broke the law stole money from people and live the most luxurious lifestyles at the expense of others. The worst one was the president of Africa. He basically gave his son hundreds if not thousands of acres of forest to do lumber. All the money went to them. His son had like a ridiculous amount of exotic cars, mansions, staff to wait on them hand and foot. none of it went back to the people of Africa.
Africa is not a country, it's a continent with more than 50 countries in it. There is no President of Africa.
yea yea technicalities I forget the word they use but you know what I mean
No I don't know what you mean because I now have no idea what president you're talking about and it just makes you look extremely ignorant.

2,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
This topic needs a close the topic button. Topic has a good premise but this....

kittenspurpleandglitter

Quote:
Love it! Keep the intelligent candor flowing!
It's funny how everyone calls the conversation occurring on their thread intelligent when the majority of posters are agreeing with their OP.

I suggest Tumblr.com.

and this.

Quote:
mm i agree. i watched a show last weekend that was called filthy rich. It showed basically a bunch of people that broke the law stole money from people and live the most luxurious lifestyles at the expense of others. The worst one was the president of Africa. He basically gave his son hundreds if not thousands of acres of forest to do lumber. All the money went to them. His son had like a ridiculous amount of exotic cars, mansions, staff to wait on them hand and foot. none of it went back to the people of Africa.

*sighs*

I think chatterbox might suit you better....

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
Revolutionary Justice
kittenspurpleandglitter
Revolutionary Justice
kittenspurpleandglitter
Riviera de la Mancha
Depends on the issue and where the information is coming from.

If the congressional budget office tells me x number of dollars were allocated to, say, national defense, I trust that.

If a federal agency tells me it has reasonably secured the safety of American banking institutions from corruption, I get a second opinion.

Africa is not a country, it's a continent with more than 50 countries in it. There is no President of Africa.
yea yea technicalities I forget the word they use but you know what I mean
No I don't know what you mean because I now have no idea what president you're talking about and it just makes you look extremely ignorant.

I understand you're entitled to your opinion but theres no need for name calling. In this article they even refer to Mr. Zuma as the President of South Africa. So if I'm so ignorant at least I'm not alone.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/29/jacob-zuma-accused-corruption-south-africa

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
a dalek
kittenspurpleandglitter
Love it! Keep the intelligent candor flowing! heart heart

I suggest Tumblr.com.

Look I'm not going to change the words I use. If you don't like what's being said in this thread then by all means go somewhere else.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
Distorted_Rage
This topic needs a close the topic button. Topic has a good premise but this....

kittenspurpleandglitter

Quote:
Love it! Keep the intelligent candor flowing!

I suggest Tumblr.com.

and this.

Quote:

*sighs*

I think chatterbox might suit you better....

Gaia hasn't moved my topic yet so I think I'm good.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
from blue to
I don't trust anyone with power. If they don't start out self interested, they get that way soon enough. Some zealots might intend to help people the whole time, but they're worse than the greedy ones to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Yea it's nearly impossible for anyone with extremely different views to make it to any sort of rank that has the authority to do anything. The media can so easily distort the public's view on a candidate. Like if someone doesn't agree with going to war, well then they might be a terrorist.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
mnhnrnnyng
kittenspurpleandglitter
mnhnrnnyng

Yeah, I really don't know who voted for him
He's gonna turn us into Detroit

how does the universal health care system work for you guys over in Canada? Do you see any negatives on it or is it all good things from what you can see?

Fanatical Zealot

What do you mean by "trust"?

I think they're generally out to do good things, but uh, I'm not sure what I'd trust them with.
Distorted_Rage

You also missed this gem:
Quote:
I honestly don't vote do to the fact that there is no candidate that really has interests in making this country a better place.

High-functioning Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Evolution Debut 250
Suicidesoldier#1

I think they're generally out to do good things, but uh, I'm not sure what I'd trust them with.

Just in general I guess. Some people have a lot of issues with their government. Examples, perhaps taxes, gun control, law changes. If you think their generally out to do good things than it sounds like you trust them. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking.

Fanatical Zealot

kittenspurpleandglitter
Suicidesoldier#1

Just in general I guess. Some people have a lot of issues with their government. Examples, perhaps taxes, gun control, law changes. If you think their generally out to do good things than it sounds like you trust them. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking.

Texas. xp

I think they're out to do good things, I'd trust them with certain things, but knowing that it's a democratic system and that we need certain inherent rights at the forefront of our democracy, I wouldn't want them to be involved or mess with everything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff