Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

The Herald of War
low iq 111
low iq 111
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20816605/man-accused-of-murder-in-midtown-atlanta-parking-garage-takes-the-stand

"Nkosi Thandiwe, 23, admitted to killing Brittany Watts and stealing her car.

When one of the prosecutors asked Thandiwe why he picked Watts, he said he didn't know."

"All of Thandiwe's victims are white. He said during his last few years in college, his history studies changed his thoughts about how some white people treated black people.

"In terms of slavery and race, it was something that needed to be answered for. I saw it as something that the black community hasn't recovered from so my initial way to handle that was to spread information to help combat some of the ignorance that was in the black community about our history," said Thandiwe."

this is what happens when you tell people over and over that racism against whites is impossible. listen, there are better ways to fix society. you don't have to kill innocent people. you don't have to be like white people were historically. what white people did back then was terrible. but 2 wrongs don't make a right either. let's all find bigger and better solutions that will bring about real peace. heart heart heart

You mean they take the stand and say something that sounds suspiciously like they would like to get off for some kind of temporary insanity?

what?

Familiar Friend

Annata Cannata
washu_2004
Racism is racism, and people of all races are equally capable of being racist.

There is no excuse that warrants racism , and just because some person's ancestors treated your ancestors poorly does not make them responsible for that misdeed or give you the right to treat them poorly because of that.

Racism against any race is wrong.

And it is not impossible for racism against whites to exist, that is just a lie used by non-white racists (Such people actually exist surprised , that must come as a shock to some of you gonk ).

Its not that people don't think anyone can be racist against white people. Its that white people complaining about racism is like someone complaining about a paper cut to someone whos missing a limb. Its not like our culture subconsciously hates you. Hell, people cry about being forced to feel guilty if a non white person tries to start a thread about the racism they face. Then they turn around and cry about being oppressed when a discussion like this is started.

a paper cut vs a missing limb? more like cutting off a toe vs cutting off an entire foot.

furthermore, you people will say that racism is actually systematic racism and the "other racism" is not actually racism well my question is, how can you even judge when racism towards black people end and when racism towards white people begins, then?

Darkesu's Darling

I would like to point out that reverse racism isn't the idea that white's get picked on. Regardless, all races from all cultures are exposed to racism. People just like to hate others because they are different, so they look for the thing that stands out the most different.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
low iq 111
Annata Cannata
washu_2004

There is no excuse that warrants racism , and just because some person's ancestors treated your ancestors poorly does not make them responsible for that misdeed or give you the right to treat them poorly because of that.

And it is not impossible for racism against whites to exist, that is just a lie used by non-white racists (Such people actually exist surprised , that must come as a shock to some of you gonk ).

Its not that people don't think anyone can be racist against white people. Its that white people complaining about racism is like someone complaining about a paper cut to someone whos missing a limb. Its not like our culture subconsciously hates you. Hell, people cry about being forced to feel guilty if a non white person tries to start a thread about the racism they face. Then they turn around and cry about being oppressed when a discussion like this is started.

a paper cut vs a missing limb? more like cutting off a toe vs cutting off an entire foot.

furthermore, you people will say that racism is actually systematic racism and the "other racism" is not actually racism well my question is, how can you even judge when racism towards black people end and when racism towards white people begins, then?

I compared a paper cut to a missing limb because any racist act against a white person is not backed up by historical hate. Our culture is not filled with subconscious hatred for white people (to the point that even you think low of yourself- look up the doll test). Society already celebrates white people. If someone tries to bring you down with harsh words, you can get an esteem boost from anywhere in our culture. Other races have to make their own esteem. Thats why I don't think its fair to place it on the same level.
I'm going to quote myself:
Quote:
Unless it's a system that hinders large groups of white people from succeeding in life (like being more likely to be thrown in jail and lose your chance of getting a decent job) you cannot place it on the same level. If someone thinks that a white person is ugly because of they have white traits, they can just look at our current beauty industry (our entire media, really) to get validation. No one else gets to do this.
Annata Cannata
low iq 111
Annata Cannata
washu_2004

I compared a paper cut to a missing limb because any racist act against a white person is not backed up by historical hate. Our culture is not filled with subconscious hatred for white people (to the point that even you think low of yourself- look up the doll test). Society already celebrates white people. If someone tries to bring you down with harsh words, you can get an esteem boost from anywhere in our culture. Other races have to make their own esteem. Thats why I don't think its fair to place it on the same level.
Quote:
Unless it's a system that hinders large groups of white people from succeeding in life (like being more likely to be thrown in jail and lose your chance of getting a decent job) you cannot place it on the same level. If someone thinks that a white person is ugly because of they have white traits, they can just look at our current beauty industry (our entire media, really) to get validation. No one else gets to do this.

Paper cuts

Of course that doesn't count...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
low iq 111
Annata Cannata
washu_2004

Quote:

Paper cuts

Of course that doesn't count...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I could find racial attacks in other countries too. I didn't because it wasn't relevant and I have not experienced enough of their culture to comment.

Noob

scacchic
RyouIshtar
Every race hits racism in some country. There are countries that are racist against anyone from America despite race.

American isn't a race.

Humans don't have races. lol

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
I think that they face racism in that they are deemed to have more power and always suppress other "races".

I also think that every race has to face problems because of how society has identified and generalized them.

Familiar Friend

Annata Cannata
low iq 111
Annata Cannata
washu_2004

Quote:

yeah i realize all of that however black people can be pretty damn mean towards white people. so therefore the racism towards white people is more like a missing toe. did you not see where i posted a story of a black guy who murdered 1 random white person and attempted to murder 2 others simply because they were white and they need to pay for their privilege? that is not just a paper cut. it's no longer paper cut vs missing limb. the hatred is more and more starting to equal out. hopefully we can eventually get to a future where all people stop being hateful but until then you don't get to trivialize how racists black people can be.

Familiar Friend

x_DivineDesire_x
I think that they face racism in that they are deemed to have more power and always suppress other "races".

I also think that every race has to face problems because of how society has identified and generalized them.

no not always. if i said black people are always more dangerous than white people because they commit more crimes, that would be racist. so you can't say white people are always suppressing other races.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x

no not always. if i said black people are always more dangerous than white people because they commit more crimes, that would be racist. so you can't say white people are always suppressing other races.

She's saying that every white person has to face the generalization of "being privileged" and "being an oppressor" regardless of personal action. It's a racist stereotype against white people. It's only considered irrelevant because we're the majority, so how could it hurt us? Nevermind personal feelings and intellectual honesty, I guess. sad

Familiar Friend

Yoshpet
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x

She's saying that every white person has to face the generalization of "being privileged" and "being an oppressor" regardless of personal action. It's a racist stereotype against white people. It's only considered irrelevant because we're the majority, so how could it hurt us? Nevermind personal feelings and intellectual honesty, I guess. sad

yeah i know. i've seen so many people who have the same opinions as her that now i don't even get angry. i just try to correct it and move on. maybe the future will be violent for awhile and innocents will die. but i do believe eventually everyone will calm down and come together.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x

I am not saying they are...society/history put them in that role.

Familiar Friend

x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x

I am not saying they are...society/history put them in that role.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff