13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
I think that they face racism in that they are deemed to have more power and always suppress other "races".

I also think that every race has to face problems because of how society has identified and generalized them.

no not always. if i said black people are always more dangerous than white people because they commit more crimes, that would be racist. so you can't say white people are always suppressing other races.

I am not saying they are...society/history put them in that role.

Have you read the entire sentence? say no.

Notice that the word "DEEMED" is in that sentence.

Familiar Friend

x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
I think that they face racism in that they are deemed to have more power and always suppress other "races".

I also think that every race has to face problems because of how society has identified and generalized them.

no not always. if i said black people are always more dangerous than white people because they commit more crimes, that would be racist. so you can't say white people are always suppressing other races.

that makes even less sense.....maybe you should word your opinions using proper english and grammar

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x

that makes even less sense.....maybe you should word your opinions using proper english and grammar

Tell me how I should word it then.
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
low iq 111
Annata Cannata

Its not that people don't think anyone can be racist against white people. Its that white people complaining about racism is like someone complaining about a paper cut to someone whos missing a limb. Its not like our culture subconsciously hates you. Hell, people cry about being forced to feel guilty if a non white person tries to start a thread about the racism they face. Then they turn around and cry about being oppressed when a discussion like this is started.

a paper cut vs a missing limb? more like cutting off a toe vs cutting off an entire foot.

furthermore, you people will say that racism is actually systematic racism and the "other racism" is not actually racism well my question is, how can you even judge when racism towards black people end and when racism towards white people begins, then?

I compared a paper cut to a missing limb because any racist act against a white person is not backed up by historical hate. Our culture is not filled with subconscious hatred for white people (to the point that even you think low of yourself- look up the doll test). Society already celebrates white people. If someone tries to bring you down with harsh words, you can get an esteem boost from anywhere in our culture. Other races have to make their own esteem. Thats why I don't think its fair to place it on the same level.
I'm going to quote myself:
Quote:
Unless it's a system that hinders large groups of white people from succeeding in life (like being more likely to be thrown in jail and lose your chance of getting a decent job) you cannot place it on the same level. If someone thinks that a white person is ugly because of they have white traits, they can just look at our current beauty industry (our entire media, really) to get validation. No one else gets to do this.

Paper cuts

Of course that doesn't count...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I could find racial attacks in other countries too. I didn't because it wasn't relevant and I have not experienced enough of their culture to comment.

Would you please remind me who you are to decide that only a specific location is contextually relevant when we discuss racism?

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I believe in it, my college professors believe in it
frankly, the only reason i still am slightly racist is because of reverse-racism

you're telling me im at a disadvantage because im NOT a minority? well ******** all those minorities who get to take the easy way out, like i should give a s**t about them, they already get their government-funded benefits, its not my job to make them feel 'equal'

its because i treat them as equals, and they receive benefits that i dont, that i harbor negative thoughts towards them, which only makes me racist again

Hallowed Hunter

low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x
low iq 111
x_DivineDesire_x

Ahem...

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
low iq 111

a paper cut vs a missing limb? more like cutting off a toe vs cutting off an entire foot.

furthermore, you people will say that racism is actually systematic racism and the "other racism" is not actually racism well my question is, how can you even judge when racism towards black people end and when racism towards white people begins, then?

I compared a paper cut to a missing limb because any racist act against a white person is not backed up by historical hate. Our culture is not filled with subconscious hatred for white people (to the point that even you think low of yourself- look up the doll test). Society already celebrates white people. If someone tries to bring you down with harsh words, you can get an esteem boost from anywhere in our culture. Other races have to make their own esteem. Thats why I don't think its fair to place it on the same level.
Quote:
Unless it's a system that hinders large groups of white people from succeeding in life (like being more likely to be thrown in jail and lose your chance of getting a decent job) you cannot place it on the same level. If someone thinks that a white person is ugly because of they have white traits, they can just look at our current beauty industry (our entire media, really) to get validation. No one else gets to do this.

Paper cuts

I could find racial attacks in other countries too. I didn't because it wasn't relevant and I have not experienced enough of their culture to comment.

Would you please remind me who you are to decide that only a specific location is contextually relevant when we discuss racism?
I was talking about the U.S and you brought up a different country. I wasn't talking about foreign counties because I could easily point out this and the original argument would become too complex and muddy. Someone bringing up another country when I wasn't talking about it. Its something I've seen a thousand times. Stop trying to muddy the argument.
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata

Paper cuts

I was talking about the U.S and you brought up a different country. I wasn't talking about foreign counties because I could easily point out this and the original argument would become too complex and muddy. Someone bringing up another country when I wasn't talking about it. Its something I've seen a thousand times. Stop trying to muddy the argument.

You didn't answer the question, you merely said what I already knew, that you were talking about the U.S.
To rephrase the question, why were you speaking as if the subject should be confined to a specific place as if it had some sort of priority?
Neither washu_2004 or scacchic framed the discussion in that manner. You did, and only implicitly, as if it was already understood to be the appropriate context for discussing racism.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata

Paper cuts

You didn't answer the question, you merely said what I already knew, that you were talking about the U.S.
To rephrase the question, why were you speaking as if the subject should be confined to a specific place as if it had some sort of priority?
Neither washu_2004 or scacchic framed the discussion in that manner. You did, and only implicitly, as if it was already understood to be the appropriate context for discussing racism.
Um, maybe its because I live in the U.S. and don't feel like speaking about other counties because its too much to talk about. If you wanna start your own discussion, be my guest. Just don't expect me to comply with your demands.
This whole idea is flawed.. are you a 'Race?'.
Then someone else may have an issue with you for this, no matter the race they happen to be.

'Reverse Racism' is in itself a contradiction.
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata

Um, maybe its because I live in the U.S. and don't feel like speaking about other counties because its too much to talk about. If you wanna start your own discussion, be my guest. Just don't expect me to comply with your demands.

As a reminder, this is the post that this quote tree branches off of

washu_2004
Racism is racism, and people of all races are equally capable of being racist.

There is no excuse that warrants racism , and just because some person's ancestors treated your ancestors poorly does not make them responsible for that misdeed or give you the right to treat them poorly because of that.

Racism against any race is wrong.

And it is not impossible for racism against whites to exist, that is just a lie used by non-white racists (Such people actually exist surprised , that must come as a shock to some of you gonk ).

You're the one that hijacked the discussion to make it suit what's easier for you to talk about. So what you just said to me is really quite clearly projection.

Your input on the subject would be more valid if it didn't seep with the narcissism of nationalism, which is easily avoided with a simple etiquette of pointing out "The situation in the United States is..." or any other kind of simple acknowledgement that you're going to comment on a narrow aspect rather than feel like you can't be bothered to acknowledge the existence of any other place because 'MERICA.
Can this thread please die already...

Newbie Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
scacchic
Just out of curiosity, how many of you believe whites face racism? Not just encountering people who are prejudiced and make stereotypical remarks about whites, but racism.

I am being serious here. Back when I was living in Florida every churches chicken the black people would stare me down while I ate my meal. So yeah.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny
Annata Cannata
Eyerunny

As a reminder, this is the post that this quote tree branches off of

washu_2004
Racism is racism, and people of all races are equally capable of being racist.

There is no excuse that warrants racism , and just because some person's ancestors treated your ancestors poorly does not make them responsible for that misdeed or give you the right to treat them poorly because of that.

Racism against any race is wrong.

And it is not impossible for racism against whites to exist, that is just a lie used by non-white racists (Such people actually exist surprised , that must come as a shock to some of you gonk ).

You're the one that hijacked the discussion to make it suit what's easier for you to talk about. So what you just said to me is really quite clearly projection.

Your input on the subject would be more valid if it didn't seep with the narcissism of nationalism, which is easily avoided with a simple etiquette of pointing out "The situation in the United States is..." or any other kind of simple acknowledgement that you're going to comment on a narrow aspect rather than feel like you can't be bothered to acknowledge the existence of any other place because 'MERICA.
Are you still harping on this? No, I didn't hijack anything. Its pretty implied that its the U.S. we're talking about. Hell, I even referenced threads on this site in my response.
Annata Cannata
Its pretty implied that its the U.S. we're talking about.

It's really not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces