Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Splinter brother beam, yada yada yada.
Suicidesoldier#1
Homosex...?

Its such a diluted, polluted word, it is what ever they want it to be, because its about self. But how have people confused Love with Ego?

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
Homosex...?

Its such a diluted, polluted word, it is what ever they want it to be, because its about self. But how have people confused Love with Ego?

Idk?

Doesn't one have to have an ego to have love? Without the self, what is there to love?

Thus perhaps, the confusion arises that because one must have an ego to love, that ego is an indication of love, even though that's not always the case.
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
Homosex...?

Idk?

Doesn't one have to have an ego to have love? Without the self, what is there to love?

Focus. You cannot focus without self. This really ought not be too philosophical. You shouldn't have to question self because I said EGO. I am referring to what one focus's on when I say, ego.

How is it people have confused love, with focusing on themselves?

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
Homosex...?

Idk?

Focus. You cannot focus without self. This really ought not be too philosophical. You shouldn't have to question self because I said EGO. I am referring to what one focus's on when I say, ego.

Perhaps, the confusion arises that because one must have an ego to be able to love, that ego is an indication of love (and thus confused for love), even though that's not always the case.

That or some people are selfish and only interested in what benefits them?
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
Homosex...?

Idk?

Perhaps, the confusion arises that because one must have an ego to be able to love, that ego is an indication of love (and thus confused for love), even though that's not always the case.

You have some good notions I believe.

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
Homosex...?

Idk?

Yay! blaugh

Just watch out for those bears... sweatdrop

Godless killing machines. eek
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1

Idk?

Yay! blaugh

Huh?

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1

Idk?

Yay! blaugh

Huh?

You know. Them.

Anyways, how does one truly separate the ego from the self?

Aren't they both interconnected?

Also, do people really confuse selfishness for love, or do they reject love in favor of it?
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1

Yay! blaugh

Huh?

You know. Them.

Also, do people really confuse selfishness for love, or do they reject love in favor of it?

Is this a separate question, "Anyways, how does one truly separate the ego from the self?" ?

As far as the last question, I believe it is both.

aw shiioot..i realy just hurt my ring finger, really hard to type now...lol

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1

Yay! blaugh

Huh?

You know. Them.

Is this a separate question, "Anyways, how does one truly separate the ego from the self?" ?

As far as the last question, I believe it is both.

aw shiioot..i realy just hurt my ring finger, really hard to type now...lol

lol sorry xD

Well, if people do confuse it, I think it's just because dere dumb. xp

It's really out of fear, that they may get hurt if they put themselves on the lines for others, who may not reciprocate the same feelings for themselves, so because they can't control others and their response, they try to do what they can control, which is help themselves.

Fear of the unknown, what's outside of themselves.

drenchlaka's Spouse

1/100 person is a sociopath mrgreen

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Suicidesoldier#1

Thus perhaps, the confusion arises that because one must have an ego to love, that ego is an indication of love, even though that's not always the case.

I don't know, man...

I think it's ridiculous that people think "You have to love yourself before you can love another." I can't stand myself, but that doesn't mean I don't care about my family, my friends, my pets - okay I don't have pets, my cat died and I'm not really comfortable with having anymore... but my the pets of my friends and family! And there's a person I absolutely adore, and... while it wasn't always true, I really genuinely prefer her happiness over my own, no matter what that entails.

Changing tracks here. Buddhists have this quest of sorts, to rid themselves of the self. Or perhaps merely the notion of the self. But in doing so, they don't seek to stop loving. If anything, they open themselves up to loving more. Compassion for everyone and everything.

If anything, it seems to me that the ego just gets in the way of love. Not sure how OP thinks people are confusing the two though. Maybe if someone is feeding the ego, that can be confused with love. But not the ego itself, how the ******** do you think ego is love? Unless they are particularly delusional and narcissistic and assume "I am love."

******** ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces