Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
alcohol causes waaaaay more problems than marijuana. there are so many alcohol related deaths. how many marijuana related deaths can you think of?
In moderation, alcohol is a social lubricant, bringing people together and breaking down harmful inhibitions. If consumed in excess, drugs and alcohol can make people cause themselves or others permanent injury or death (obviously). The negative effects of alcohol usually wear off completely within 24 hours. THC, the active compound in cannabis indica and cannabis sativa, builds up in your fat cells and may take several weeks before its traces can no longer be found in urine tests. I and most of my friends have all smoked a good amount in our time, and I can tell you from experience the hazy effects can last days after consumption.

Partying Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
Six Pence Pint
In moderation, alcohol is a social lubricant, bringing people together and breaking down harmful inhibitions. If consumed in excess, drugs and alcohol can make people cause themselves or others permanent injury or death (obviously). The negative effects of alcohol usually wear off completely within 24 hours. THC, the active compound in cannabis indica and cannabis sativa, builds up in your fat cells and may take several weeks before its traces can no longer be found in urine tests. I and most of my friends have all smoked a good amount in our time, and I can tell you from experience the hazy effects can last days after consumption.

it's in your blood, but it's not causing you any problems other than that you'll show up positive on a drug test. no one has ever died from pot. pot is also a social lubricant bringing people together and breaking down harmful inhibition. so is nicotine.
also, cirrhosis of the liver doesn't go awayin 24 hours. people who binge drink once a week often die young from liver damage. people who chain smoke live longer than people who drink a lot. alcohol is the worst drug out there.

poppy seed bagels will show you up positive on a drug test for a while after eating them too.

Buggy Mage

That is a good comparison but i think some better ones would be cigarettes and prescription drugs.
Prescription drugs can cause serious health problems. Even watching tv for a short while, you'll inevitably come across an advertisement for one of the thousands that are available. And they will claim it will cure the problems that you seek it to...but that's not all. They'll also include, psychological reactions, or potencially trigger a myriad of other illnesses as a reaction to the drug, some have event been removed from distribution because of even more serious problems they had caused people taking them.
Cigarettes? They have been proven to be linked to cancer. But the government allows their distribution still. There's hardly any outcry to stop the distribution of harmful prescriptions in anti-drug programs.
I think that more that helps fuel the idea that most negative information regarding cannabis are blown out of proportion.
It's all about the money.

Cannabis is illegal because anyone can produce it and if anyone can produce it, no one would buy cigarettes or alcohol anymore causing big businesses to go to s**t. Our government doesn't want this and that's why they spend billions of tax payer dollars on prosecuting pot smokers/distributors.

Also, little known fact, getting high isn't the only purpose of cannabis. Historically, the plant's been used to create hemp, which is a source of industrial products such as food, clothing, medicine, paper, rope, biodegradable plastics, fuel, anything you can think of (hell, our constitution was even written on hemp). Why is it illegal to grow hemp? Imagine if every American could make his or her own clothing, paper, fuel... Cannabis became illegal in the US at the wake of the industrial revolution. Before that, it was legal.

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Money and the fact that Alcohol is "socially acceptable" even though it causes more damage than any other drug
Usurper Of Thrones
Cannabis is illegal because anyone can produce it and if anyone can produce it, no one would buy cigarettes or alcohol anymore causing big businesses to go to s**t.

...you can make your own alcohol and tobacco.

Aged Lunatic

hahahalolwut
Usurper Of Thrones
Cannabis is illegal because anyone can produce it and if anyone can produce it, no one would buy cigarettes or alcohol anymore causing big businesses to go to s**t.

Legally too. I make my own mead yearly.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Because you don't know where your pot came from and how the person grew it, the dog could have peed on the plant multiple times, it could also be laced with a more serious drug.

Distinct Loiterer

Usurper Of Thrones
It's all about the money.

Cannabis is illegal because anyone can produce it and if anyone can produce it, no one would buy cigarettes or alcohol anymore causing big businesses to go to s**t. Our government doesn't want this and that's why they spend billions of tax payer dollars on prosecuting pot smokers/distributors.

Also, little known fact, getting high isn't the only purpose of cannabis. Historically, the plant's been used to create hemp, which is a source of industrial products such as food, clothing, medicine, paper, rope, biodegradable plastics, fuel, anything you can think of (hell, our constitution was even written on hemp). Why is it illegal to grow hemp? Imagine if every American could make his or her own clothing, paper, fuel... Cannabis became illegal in the US at the wake of the industrial revolution. Before that, it was legal.

This is exactly it.

Distinct Loiterer

hahahalolwut
Usurper Of Thrones

It's a much more time consuming process than growing marijuana though.
I can think of plenty, but that aside the point, I not only think it should be legal, but all farmers must dedicate a mandatory acre to its growth.

Distinct Poster

CAUSE MERICA WAS STABLISHED ON ALCOHOL, DONTCHU KNOW NOTHN BOUT AMARCA???/111
Booty Tickle
Because you don't know where your pot came from and how the person grew it, the dog could have peed on the plant multiple times, it could also be laced with a more serious drug.

Yes, but if the government legalized, regulated, and taxed marijuana this wouldn't be a problem. Obviously there could still be some people still doing shady business practices with it, but then it would be illegal. People wouldn't buy from those people anyways. It doesn't make sense to go to a dealer when you could just buy it from the store.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff