Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dostya
Skyburn
If the military had it's way, it'd cut costs and still improve quality of it's equipment.

lolol the incorruptible generals, country first!
More like the generals have been in the same place as the guys on the field and genuinely feel for them and would rather them not die.

stealthmongoose

I have a very important, general, but principled question to ask you...

How often do heroes work towards making sure people don't need them?

I'm not talking about your typical average joe or even hardened and conditioned soldier, i mean more along the lines of those men who are PAID AND REWARDED to do their job...which is solving war...with their astronomical IQ's. IQ's that could be aimed in ANY direction they want?
Active hunting of the enemy and attempting to enable other countries to be able to do the same in our stead? Yeah, I'd say it's their constant goal.

Hallowed Hunter

Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Considering that it's one the primary sources that prevents our daily extermination from God knows how many people who would want to wipe us all out for basically no reason...

And that it's responsible for continued life...

I'd put it somewhere around food.

Ever wonder why they want to kill you so much? As in, why America specifically?
America has a long history of creating its own worst enemies.
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Considering that it's one the primary sources that prevents our daily extermination from God knows how many people who would want to wipe us all out for basically no reason...

They are fundamentalists. Logic need not apply.

Fanatical Zealot

Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Yes, I know, we're so great and awesome and everyone is either Jelly or wants us to stop ruining their evil plans.

It is just a by product of being so awesome.

Fanatical Zealot

Michael Noire
The military used to be glorious. Then we invented WMDs and made War on Terror.

the military is now the somewhat bright leading the somewhat stupid to protect the normal from the incredibly stupid.

that leaves the incredibly bright out of the loop entirely - which is why our world is s**t and people can't defend themselves.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.

Hallowed Hunter

Skyburn
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Like if or not the do have reasons for specifically targeting America. They're a bunch of fundamentalist assholes yes, but they aren't evil just for the sake of being evil. Logic, however twisted does apply.

Hallowed Hunter

Suicidesoldier#1
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Yes, I know, we're so great and awesome and everyone is either Jelly or wants us to stop ruining their evil plans.

By all means, side-step around my point.

Fanatical Zealot

Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

I didn't side step around your point at all.

I faced it head on and said it was merely a by product of being so awesome, which is practically unavoidable.

Hallowed Hunter

Suicidesoldier#1
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

I faced it head on and said it was merely a by product of being so awesome, which is practically unavoidable.

Indeed

Fanatical Zealot

Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Indeed

3nodding

Hallowed Hunter

Suicidesoldier#1
3nodding

Tell me though, are all Americans so arrogant and self-righteous?

Fanatical Zealot

Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
3nodding

Tell me though, are all Americans so arrogant and self-righteous?

A lot of them.

But it's not really arrogance- I'm merely stating facts, it's like saying I'm arrogant for saying that the earth is 100 times bigger than pluto or something.

You're the one applying an arbitrary sense of that being amazing.

That being said, yes, we are generally amazing.

Hallowed Hunter

Suicidesoldier#1

I'm merely stating facts, it's like saying I'm arrogant for saying that the earth is 100 times bigger than pluto or something.

Not Arrogant, just wrong. Unless of course you're assuming you're right, which would lead us right back to arrogant.
Dardanos Immortalis
Skyburn
Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1
Cool beans.

Like if or not the do have reasons for specifically targeting America. They're a bunch of fundamentalist assholes yes, but they aren't evil just for the sake of being evil. Logic, however twisted does apply.
How about:
1) We helped their declared mortal enemies.
2) We are allied to the nation that started the entire Middle Eastern drama back when they made multiple promises for the same land to the Jews and the Arabs. (Britain)
3) America is different, and for a religion which, when taken to the extreme, we are nothing but heathens that don't deserve to live.

Fanatical Zealot

Dardanos Immortalis
Suicidesoldier#1

I'm merely stating facts, it's like saying I'm arrogant for saying that the earth is 100 times bigger than pluto or something.

Not Arrogant, just wrong. Unless of course you're assuming you're right, which would lead us right back to arrogant.

You haven't really given your own reason as to why you believe "America" (I.E. the U.S.) would be attacked. O_o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff