Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

Dandrogyny
Skyburn
I appreciate that you can disagree with me without saying my post is complete bullshit. That is respectable.

However.
I see no ACTUAL evidence that so-called "Terrorists" are out to get us, and that the ******** stationed all over, basically getting paid to run through drills and otherwise ********, are somehow preventing such an attack. I believe the bombs, and solely the bombs, are preventing such an attack. I simply do NOT see the use of soldiers in "protecting our rights." They are outdated in this era, and really, their only efforts could POSSIBLY be humanitarian, if we were to use them effectively/diplomatically, but despite this so-called "rule" you mentioned, we are killing mostly civilians in what the military chalks off as "guerrilla warfare"-- a euphemism used to defend collateral murder. Second, while you say "We don't like to kill civilians," I actually say that's a blanket statement in your favor. Do you know that the Marines takes in felons? It's the only branch that does allow that, and I do NOT believe they are all screened for mental health. You have to LIKE to kill and be "on the edge" to be a bullet catcher. And on top of that, there is VIDEO EVIDENCE of soldiers mutilating/abusing/killing civilians. You consider them a "small minority" but don't say "we" when there are exceptions. And we don't know how MANY exceptions.

Here's an example. My BF's sister is 18 years old. She is enlisting in the Army. She starts off by saying that "sex is the Morale of the military". As in she knows everyone ******** each other (and this IS something I've heard from people on active duty) and that's how people get by on the social level. I am aware there are exceptions but that is not the general tone of things. The second thing is that she specifically wants to go in so that she CAN kill people legally. She wants to kill, she wants to torture, and she wants to see people die. She wants to "blow them up and laugh". She WANTS that, and I can guarantee they are not going to have a "problem" with this. She isn't "mentally ill" by anyone's standards-- she just has a "weird preference". She's already sworn in, started PT, and is due for shipment. They never "checked" on her to see if she's crazy or sick or not. She has an undiagnosed case of Crohn's disease (or something like it) but they have her already all registered and everything. If she can manage to not vomit constantly in Basic, she'll slip through unnoticed. It helps her that she has awesome tits. If this girl actually gets through it will prove to me how unmanaged the military really is.

I will NOT deny that weapons are getting more accurate. I will NOT deny that targets are being better sought out, whereas war was more visibly a genocide. However, can you name me the TARGET of the vague concept of the "War on Terror"? What IS our target and why have we not taken care of it?

Do you know who and how many American soldiers stand between North and South Korea? It is very small. The stand off there is a silent political battle. And the US being there creates this weird "third party" tension, but I do not see how we are actually PHYSICALLY preventing them from engaging in combat.

I think it is OUTRAGEOUS to assume that the United States, in as much National Debt as it is in, is really the only country standing between "forced peace" and WWIII. I think that is arrogant and I think that is short-sighted.

I already acknowledged deterrence. But I do not believe our soldiers are doing it. The way they act and talk about their jobs, most of them I encounter are just in there for college money, and don't have a real dedication to the "cause". The social climate of enlistment has changed drastically since the economy ate s**t. People are scrambling to get in because it's a job, and they want back out to their civilian life after they've claimed their military benefits. It's a waiting game for them. "I can handle this for a few years, so long as I get out."

I will actually agree that the military itself has not brainwashed people into being paranoid. It IS politics. I've actually seen recruiters say, "You will never be in combat, we will pay for your schooling, and you can just have a civilian job with great pay!" like joining the military has nothing to do with actually being IN the military. Despite the fact they put everyone through PT and Basic. It's all very clear. There's a "catch" they're not mentioning to those who enlist. And if you ask too many questions, this job isn't for you. I certainly question their agenda, when I am not allowed to enlist simply because I have abnormal genitalia.

I am aware of the atrocities in other countries. What I am not sure about is why, if we have a militia powerful enough to destroy anyone, that we don't? If we are so stealth that we can kill leaders of corrupt countries undetected, and even conquer those countries afterwards, why don't we? If we are policing the world's nations, why do we insist upon doing so half-assed, so just kind of watch (closely) and keep bitching about it? Our military presence is actually not in any way ceasing those atrocities. In times of WAR (and that IS what is happening when you invade someone else's country, from their perspective), people act even MORE crazy. It is the end of the world as THEY know it.

To say "people want to kill us just because" is outrageously vague justification for what we do. Much like "The War on Terror".

I do not want my kids to grow up in a world at constant stand-off. If the world were to destroy itself leaving people in a society that is backed to bartering and self-care, at least my children could live lives outside of the Age of Terror. What money has done to this world is outrageous corruption. Luxury and propaganda and paranoia. A strict two-party system where they are forced to choose between two radical belief systems if they want a say at all. Living in a country where healthcare and housing are something you have to be in CONSTANT battles with the banks over. Military spending has taken precedence over the quality of life for our citizens. There are more than 1.8 million homeless children in this country. ******** CHILDREN. That does not include decent men and women who are out of health or simply too far in poverty to get out despite all of their efforts. Medical issues in MY life nearly ruined my economic chances FOR LIFE. I had to play my cards right to avoid having all of my assets immediately swiped right out from under me. It's disgusting that the United States prides themselves in this manner yet we are far behind many if not most of our allies on healthcare, education, environmental policy, transportation, and other civilian-affecting matters. I do not see ANY excuse that could justify how we handle student debt, and how piss-poor our hospitals are and the outrageous charges that ruin people's lives (and this does NOT happen in other countries like it does here).

If we are to make the world that I WANT my children to grow up in, we are going to have to cut military funding DRASTICALLY, and completely reform medicare. Not the half-assed plan that Obama had, which wasn't too bad to start but was almost completely re-written before being passed.

I think the idea that there could be a "series of unexpected Terror attacks!" is outrageously paranoid considering the investment we have in our Intelligence programs. I think we know exactly what we're dealing with but like to tell people that we don't so they will do what we want them to.

I never said those Japanese school girls were under age. But yeah. People are basically over there having parties and having sex, and getting paid out of my taxes to do it. It's ******** annoying.

I'm not arguing with you, I actually agree a lot with what you said. However, a large argument is based on anecdotal evidence, especially concerning the military and how people act in the military.

I'd also like to ask if you have an idea what the role of the US Military would be if it was severely cut, what purpose would it serve? Continuing to station on Japan, Korea, etc? Being in ********?

Dapper Phantom

soul_less_human
Dandrogyny
Skyburn
I appreciate that you can disagree with me without saying my post is complete bullshit. That is respectable.

However.
I see no ACTUAL evidence that so-called "Terrorists" are out to get us, and that the ******** stationed all over, basically getting paid to run through drills and otherwise ********, are somehow preventing such an attack. I believe the bombs, and solely the bombs, are preventing such an attack. I simply do NOT see the use of soldiers in "protecting our rights." They are outdated in this era, and really, their only efforts could POSSIBLY be humanitarian, if we were to use them effectively/diplomatically, but despite this so-called "rule" you mentioned, we are killing mostly civilians in what the military chalks off as "guerrilla warfare"-- a euphemism used to defend collateral murder. Second, while you say "We don't like to kill civilians," I actually say that's a blanket statement in your favor. Do you know that the Marines takes in felons? It's the only branch that does allow that, and I do NOT believe they are all screened for mental health. You have to LIKE to kill and be "on the edge" to be a bullet catcher. And on top of that, there is VIDEO EVIDENCE of soldiers mutilating/abusing/killing civilians. You consider them a "small minority" but don't say "we" when there are exceptions. And we don't know how MANY exceptions.

Here's an example. My BF's sister is 18 years old. She is enlisting in the Army. She starts off by saying that "sex is the Morale of the military". As in she knows everyone ******** each other (and this IS something I've heard from people on active duty) and that's how people get by on the social level. I am aware there are exceptions but that is not the general tone of things. The second thing is that she specifically wants to go in so that she CAN kill people legally. She wants to kill, she wants to torture, and she wants to see people die. She wants to "blow them up and laugh". She WANTS that, and I can guarantee they are not going to have a "problem" with this. She isn't "mentally ill" by anyone's standards-- she just has a "weird preference". She's already sworn in, started PT, and is due for shipment. They never "checked" on her to see if she's crazy or sick or not. She has an undiagnosed case of Crohn's disease (or something like it) but they have her already all registered and everything. If she can manage to not vomit constantly in Basic, she'll slip through unnoticed. It helps her that she has awesome tits. If this girl actually gets through it will prove to me how unmanaged the military really is.

I will NOT deny that weapons are getting more accurate. I will NOT deny that targets are being better sought out, whereas war was more visibly a genocide. However, can you name me the TARGET of the vague concept of the "War on Terror"? What IS our target and why have we not taken care of it?

Do you know who and how many American soldiers stand between North and South Korea? It is very small. The stand off there is a silent political battle. And the US being there creates this weird "third party" tension, but I do not see how we are actually PHYSICALLY preventing them from engaging in combat.

I think it is OUTRAGEOUS to assume that the United States, in as much National Debt as it is in, is really the only country standing between "forced peace" and WWIII. I think that is arrogant and I think that is short-sighted.

I already acknowledged deterrence. But I do not believe our soldiers are doing it. The way they act and talk about their jobs, most of them I encounter are just in there for college money, and don't have a real dedication to the "cause". The social climate of enlistment has changed drastically since the economy ate s**t. People are scrambling to get in because it's a job, and they want back out to their civilian life after they've claimed their military benefits. It's a waiting game for them. "I can handle this for a few years, so long as I get out."

I will actually agree that the military itself has not brainwashed people into being paranoid. It IS politics. I've actually seen recruiters say, "You will never be in combat, we will pay for your schooling, and you can just have a civilian job with great pay!" like joining the military has nothing to do with actually being IN the military. Despite the fact they put everyone through PT and Basic. It's all very clear. There's a "catch" they're not mentioning to those who enlist. And if you ask too many questions, this job isn't for you. I certainly question their agenda, when I am not allowed to enlist simply because I have abnormal genitalia.

I am aware of the atrocities in other countries. What I am not sure about is why, if we have a militia powerful enough to destroy anyone, that we don't? If we are so stealth that we can kill leaders of corrupt countries undetected, and even conquer those countries afterwards, why don't we? If we are policing the world's nations, why do we insist upon doing so half-assed, so just kind of watch (closely) and keep bitching about it? Our military presence is actually not in any way ceasing those atrocities. In times of WAR (and that IS what is happening when you invade someone else's country, from their perspective), people act even MORE crazy. It is the end of the world as THEY know it.

To say "people want to kill us just because" is outrageously vague justification for what we do. Much like "The War on Terror".

I do not want my kids to grow up in a world at constant stand-off. If the world were to destroy itself leaving people in a society that is backed to bartering and self-care, at least my children could live lives outside of the Age of Terror. What money has done to this world is outrageous corruption. Luxury and propaganda and paranoia. A strict two-party system where they are forced to choose between two radical belief systems if they want a say at all. Living in a country where healthcare and housing are something you have to be in CONSTANT battles with the banks over. Military spending has taken precedence over the quality of life for our citizens. There are more than 1.8 million homeless children in this country. ******** CHILDREN. That does not include decent men and women who are out of health or simply too far in poverty to get out despite all of their efforts. Medical issues in MY life nearly ruined my economic chances FOR LIFE. I had to play my cards right to avoid having all of my assets immediately swiped right out from under me. It's disgusting that the United States prides themselves in this manner yet we are far behind many if not most of our allies on healthcare, education, environmental policy, transportation, and other civilian-affecting matters. I do not see ANY excuse that could justify how we handle student debt, and how piss-poor our hospitals are and the outrageous charges that ruin people's lives (and this does NOT happen in other countries like it does here).

If we are to make the world that I WANT my children to grow up in, we are going to have to cut military funding DRASTICALLY, and completely reform medicare. Not the half-assed plan that Obama had, which wasn't too bad to start but was almost completely re-written before being passed.

I think the idea that there could be a "series of unexpected Terror attacks!" is outrageously paranoid considering the investment we have in our Intelligence programs. I think we know exactly what we're dealing with but like to tell people that we don't so they will do what we want them to.

I never said those Japanese school girls were under age. But yeah. People are basically over there having parties and having sex, and getting paid out of my taxes to do it. It's ******** annoying.

I'm not arguing with you, I actually agree a lot with what you said. However, a large argument is based on anecdotal evidence, especially concerning the military and how people act in the military.

I'd also like to ask if you have an idea what the role of the US Military would be if it was severely cut, what purpose would it serve? Continuing to station on Japan, Korea, etc? Being in ******** other evidence is there?
Oh, personal experience, right? Well they won't let me enlist so I can't ever know firsthand. Only what ACTUAL soldiers tell me. Unless you think they're all lying. Does the military tell them ALL to make up this outrageous story, then deny it? Is it to confuse us, entice us, make us curious and enlist ourselves?

It can easily serve the same purpose without such extraneous spending. Most of the "intimidation
" comes from our nukes, not our soldiers.

Lunatic

Dandrogyny
soul_less_human
Dandrogyny
Skyburn

However.

I'd also like to ask if you have an idea what the role of the US Military would be if it was severely cut, what purpose would it serve? Continuing to station on Japan, Korea, etc? Being in ******** other evidence is there?
Oh, personal experience, right? Well they won't let me enlist so I can't ever know firsthand. Only what ACTUAL soldiers tell me. Unless you think they're all lying. Does the military tell them ALL to make up this outrageous story, then deny it? Is it to confuse us, entice us, make us curious and enlist ourselves?

It can easily serve the same purpose without such extraneous spending. Most of the "intimidation
" comes from our nukes, not our soldiers.

No, No. It's simply that it's hard to say 'I met X people' and the claim 'this is happening everywhere/this is the majority/this is very common'. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that your correctness may be undermined by little proof other than 'I met a couple of soldiers and they acted like X'.

Dapper Phantom

soul_less_human
No, No. It's simply that it's hard to say 'I met X people' and the claim 'this is happening everywhere/this is the majority/this is very common'. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying that your correctness may be undermined by little proof other than 'I met a couple of soldiers and they acted like X'.
Well I am not saying it's the majority or anything because I can't prove that but it is a very public occurrance and is not enforced in any way. I feel I should be allowed to say I don't want my taxes to pay for that s**t.

Lunatic

Dandrogyny
soul_less_human
Well I am not saying it's the majority or anything because I can't prove that but it is a very public occurrance and is not enforced in any way. I feel I should be allowed to say I don't want my taxes to pay for that s**t.
Ah, then I misinterpreted. On that note, then I have no disagreements with you.

Friendly Raider

Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

Democracy can eventually turn into a theocracy, hence it worked, but it did not retain the democratic standard.
We are a modern society, they can handle themselves, and if they decide they must fight on our soil, then I as a citizen will accept their request and I will fight backed by my military. It's the liberty I take by not having to reach out and demolish other countries. (and then rebuild them) Or perhaps would Japan like to be in debt to our federal government? They can still pay for our military if they wish.

So I must ask, how many foreign military bases does China support? Does China sit back and soak up our money as the U.S. runs around crazily and uses it's military to train the world to fight crazy dictators?

It's a job someone has to do, a job I'd rather the U.N. do like they are supposed to do.

But they can't/don't so it's up to us, it's just the way things go.

I'd really rather have private militia and mercenary work do this. The U.N. is too dependent on our Federal Government. I honestly do not like having 7 billion citizens that I personally have to shell out some money for. The system is too sprawled out for me to make any effect. I really would just love to work from within my own State government, from within 1 million citizens so I can build a much more solid community.

I will admit I am a wishful thinker, but I don't feel I'm asking for something that is untouchable.

Well go build some society on another moon or something.

There's really no way to escape other than that.

As far as it goes what the rest of the world does has an impact on you.

While it would be nice if everyone picked up their trash instead of just littering, you will have to deal with the trash and clean it up eventually- avoid it and disease, rotting s**t, I mean basic hygiene problems will occur.

Too much of this and you will be effected.

So at some point somebody has to go over there and pick it up, and they'll usually get paid to. But that's okay. Out of the millions of people who help support it it ends up being less than a penny for each so it doesn't end up being that bad. Even the 800 billion dollar budget is like 2000 dollars per person in the U.S. It's really not so bad.

Ok man I think I understand now, laws of displacement are simple to understand.

So revising my ideas, we either become a sleeper nation or we dissipate turmoil at it's current level while trash still exists in great numbers in the U.S.

I do think the U.S. is being far too aggressive, and we should recede for four years or so. Give some focus into cleaning up inside, i.e. stopping the Drug war (destroy the black market), privatizing trade and giving more freedoms to state government. Let's sleep and recuperate for a while, then continue on our "humanitarian" efforts later. The "trash" may be more in the world when we isolate ourselves, but we will have a better foundation to clean with.
and Maybe perhaps after 8 years of peace the world will be a little less reluctant to accept U.S. aide, because their governments ruthlessness will be much more apparent (to it's people). After all, we do live in the information age.

We really aren't that ruthless.

We send in our own soldiers and use million dollar drones to avoid civilian casualties rather than just blow the whole place up.
I don't really mean on the level of direct strategy as more so our Foreign relations. At least at the moment I find it very difficult to believe that the U.S. can sustain it's Imperial Nation. I'm not against being imperial, but the U.S. needs to be retaught the ethics of relating in their own country. Luckily there is Ron Paul for this, his radical ideas will really stir the minds of the U.S. and hopefully teach them ethics. We can vote him in and later on continue our Imperialism.
Or we continue not understanding why we're fighting and end up collapsing from the demoralization and emasculation of the population. As in Civil War among those who know why they're fighting, those who think they know why they fight, and those who never thought of fighting.

Friendly Raider

Skyburn
SaguaroDundee

I'd really rather have private militia and mercenary work do this. The U.N. is too dependent on our Federal Government. I honestly do not like having 7 billion citizens that I personally have to shell out some money for. The system is too sprawled out for me to make any effect. I really would just love to work from within my own State government, from within 1 million citizens so I can build a much more solid community.

I will admit I am a wishful thinker, but I don't feel I'm asking for something that is untouchable.
In an ideal world, that's how it would happen.
The world is not ideal.

The people who need help most are those who can barely pay for their own food, let alone mercenaries.
Sure, we could pull out of Europe unless they're willing to shell out the money, and could consider doing so in Japan and South Korea with a few bases, but we can't do it across the board. Southeast Asia still has too many disasters for us, as human beings, to be able to just pull the military away from the region.
If you want to cut back military spending, start complaining to Congressmen about Congressional Corruption involved with military overspending, and tell them to stop lining their pockets with bribes from companies who are trying to sell overpriced goods to the military.

Hmm, i'll look into that part of military spending. And complain/see if there is a progressive movement in my State for this. Has Raytheon ever been a problem? I live in the state that makes their missiles. or has made. idk which one

Fanatical Zealot

SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

While it would be nice if everyone picked up their trash instead of just littering, you will have to deal with the trash and clean it up eventually- avoid it and disease, rotting s**t, I mean basic hygiene problems will occur.

So at some point somebody has to go over there and pick it up, and they'll usually get paid to. But that's okay. Out of the millions of people who help support it it ends up being less than a penny for each so it doesn't end up being that bad. Even the 800 billion dollar budget is like 2000 dollars per person in the U.S. It's really not so bad.

So revising my ideas, we either become a sleeper nation or we dissipate turmoil at it's current level while trash still exists in great numbers in the U.S.

I do think the U.S. is being far too aggressive, and we should recede for four years or so. Give some focus into cleaning up inside, i.e. stopping the Drug war (destroy the black market), privatizing trade and giving more freedoms to state government. Let's sleep and recuperate for a while, then continue on our "humanitarian" efforts later. The "trash" may be more in the world when we isolate ourselves, but we will have a better foundation to clean with.
and Maybe perhaps after 8 years of peace the world will be a little less reluctant to accept U.S. aide, because their governments ruthlessness will be much more apparent (to it's people). After all, we do live in the information age.

We send in our own soldiers and use million dollar drones to avoid civilian casualties rather than just blow the whole place up.
I don't really mean on the level of direct strategy as more so our Foreign relations. At least at the moment I find it very difficult to believe that the U.S. can sustain it's Imperial Nation. I'm not against being imperial, but the U.S. needs to be retaught the ethics of relating in their own country. Luckily there is Ron Paul for this, his radical ideas will really stir the minds of the U.S. and hopefully teach them ethics. We can vote him in and later on continue our Imperialism.
Or we continue not understanding why we're fighting and end up collapsing from the demoralization and emasculation of the population. As in Civil War among those who know why they're fighting, those who think they know why they fight, and those who never thought of fighting.

We're not really an imperial nation.

We don't really get resources from these other nations.

When we do invade usually we've got backing by other countries.

So I mean it would have to be like, idk they'd have to be in on it too I guess.

Which really still wouldn't make us imperial.

We build people back up, we leave, now they are out of our hair.

Friendly Raider

Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

Ok perhaps I need a refining of my definition of "Imperial.'

But there are also consequences of building them back up, and it's hard to get people to talk
Rebuilt Japan and they're pretty damn emasculated too. I'm gonna generalize cause I don't know specific areas, but the middle east is pretty different, they're a Male dominant society, and their civilization is older. We have to explain democracy to them in such plain speak that they understand they can still have their male dominated society like how the U.S. agreed to keep owning slaves, or whatever else irks them about democracy. We then have to explain to them Thomas Jefferson's God of the Deist, his god of the Declaration of Independence, because the Middle East still likes to keep their weird Religion around, and talk about it. Maybe if America understood the Deist god of Christ we would have less discourse about dumb s**t, because the Deist God accepts liberty.
It doesn't seem likely that modern Christians would get along with Muslims. We're free to have our crazy habits but theirs is more towards building an odd sense of righteousness from a book written by the Middle East. Not Jesus.

But I digress. If the Military communicates anything like that to the Middle east, then that's kind of cool. They're the ones actually relating to the Middle east, not me. So I wanna hear them represent America and chill out with Middle east society. Even though I expect you have to watch your back pretty well..

Fanatical Zealot

SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

But there are also consequences of building them back up, and it's hard to get people to talk
Rebuilt Japan and they're pretty damn emasculated too. I'm gonna generalize cause I don't know specific areas, but the middle east is pretty different, they're a Male dominant society, and their civilization is older. We have to explain democracy to them in such plain speak that they understand they can still have their male dominated society like how the U.S. agreed to keep owning slaves, or whatever else irks them about democracy. We then have to explain to them Thomas Jefferson's God of the Deist, his god of the Declaration of Independence, because the Middle East still likes to keep their weird Religion around, and talk about it. Maybe if America understood the Deist god of Christ we would have less discourse about dumb s**t, because the Deist God accepts liberty.
It doesn't seem likely that modern Christians would get along with Muslims. We're free to have our crazy habits but theirs is more towards building an odd sense of righteousness from a book written by the Middle East. Not Jesus.

But I digress. If the Military communicates anything like that to the Middle east, then that's kind of cool.

What?

No, some people in the middle east treat woman horribly but it's really not a general thing and the woman don't like it to say the least.

They totally believe in democracy?

Yeah.

Friendly Raider

Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

But I digress. If the Military communicates anything like that to the Middle east, then that's kind of cool.

What?

No, some people in the middle east treat woman horribly but it's really not a general thing and the woman don't like it to say the least.

Yeah.

pfff, cmon man, represent some optimism man, we're still a healing race. It's progress man, people are dumb, not guided by themselves. They strap to relevant ideas, Slavery and Woman's Rights weren't relevant to a whole nation in 1776.
No nation has not committed some form of crime to Humanity, we can at least relate by them.

Fanatical Zealot

SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

What?

Yeah.

pfff, cmon man, represent some optimism man, we're still a healing race. It's progress man, people are dumb, not guided by themselves. They strap to relevant ideas, Slavery and Woman's Rights weren't relevant to a whole nation in 1776.
No nation has not committed some form of crime to Humanity, we can at least relate by them.

What? O_o

Friendly Raider

Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

What?

Yeah.

What? O_o

ahhh, ******** it, I'm just going to sit and do research. If you have any suggestions, get at me.

Fanatical Zealot

SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee
Suicidesoldier#1
SaguaroDundee

What?

Yeah.

What? O_o

ahhh, ******** it, I'm just going to sit and do research. If you have any suggestions, get at me.

Kay.

Try getting power from Thorium, it's like 200-300 times more efficient than uranium, has no chance of a melt down, is only mildly radioactive, can clean up nuclear waste, and is more common than lead and 3 times more common than tin.

Also the U.S. has a ton of it in our soil, like more than any other country.

So it's like EVERYWHERE- the EPA has tons of it in storage right now, so we could just take what we use to clean up nuclear waste and divert it to power the whole U.S.

More or less 4-5 tons of it could power the whole U.S.

Even assuming 10 times that amount we've gone more than enough for thousands of years to power the entire world just in the U.S. alone. O_o
Dandrogyny
Skyburn

However.

I know it's going to be cliche, but there is definitely evidence they are "out to get us." It's not just us. It's anyone who they deem to be the enemy.
They're

Terrorism is easily comparable to an virus or bacterial infection. It is constantly evolving, constantly becoming more resistant to what you're doing. Terrorists are constantly adapting. You start using one method of fighting too much, and you might as well not use it at all. Intelligence community or not, if they make a break through, there is no way, other than happy chance, to find that out.

You overexaggerate what our sailors are doing. Even so, I venture to ask if our sailors don't deserve - if nothing else - what stress relief they get. They're getting what they get paid nomatter where they are stationed, and, based on working hours, most are getting paid less than national minimum wage or close to it. Many can look forward to 120 hour work weeks. And many of them have jobs more stressful than most you'll find anywhere else. Where else do you have to live at your work one out of every three days (save for underway, when it's for months at a time,with less than adequate living quarters), work overtime without getting paid for it, rather, just having overall average pay be reduced, horrid sleep schedules and have to deal with stresses few other can even conceive.
We lose far too many people due to depression - being overworked like hell. The attrition rate for some noncombat jobs is half, and before you start calling anyone a p***y, consider the fact that you don't have any idea what the military has to do, combat or not.
Partying and having sex? Less so than any kids on government aid in college, though, admittedly, because we have less time to do so. And people need to have stress relief to quite literally keep from going insane. And living overseas in a stressful as hell environment? You'd be surprised of the number of insanity cases or people removed from their jobs and losing security clearances and put down into jobs of just chipping paint and stripping/waxing floors.
And, for the record, there are a vast number of sailors in Japan who have yet to step into a club.

As for killing of civilians - all branches screen for mental health to a degree. It's part of the MEPS process before you even sign the papers.
The military fully does not endorse the killing of civilians. Yes. It happens, and that sucks. It's the sort of thing that people get PTSD for. Yes, there is video evidence of it occurring. But any video evidence there is comes out instantly, simply for the fact that the far left-wingists have something to point a finger at.
It's also the reason why the military pretty much gets punishment-happy and requires little evidence to throw the book at you for anything.
And you don't have to like to kill to be a soldier and be on the front lines. Most don't, but there are so many dynamics to the situation that even breaking it up into four or five blanket statements separate from one another will leave them all wrong.

And you're BF's sister:
1) Isn't military. She's a DEPer. The recruiters tell them they're military because half of all recruiters are horrible people and try to keep from telling them they can up and leave at that point.
2) She doesn't know anything about the military. Even after she goes through full training, she'll know hardly anything until she's deployed.
3) People like her are exactly the sort that get filtered out in training, let alone Basic.
4) Even so, you really don't know what the military does or doesn't do to try to filter people out, or how many people they do filter out.
5) Really doubt she'll keep that "I want to kill" mentality. That sort of gung-ho-ism leaves by the time you hit the first plane to whereever you deploy to.
6) She's not sworn in. She's sworn into DEP. You swear into the military when you leave for Basic. They do that just to make you feel special. Trust me.

As for North and South Korea:
Yes, the number of soldiers isn't that great. It's what they represent. They represent the general hammer of pain that America will deliver if one of them is killed - and the general fact that they've also got air support on a few hours notice, and that while there are only a few soldiers on the ground, Japan also supports bases with several squadrons of fighters, a supercarrier, amphibious assault carriers, frigates, destroyers, cruisers, et cetera. It's not just those foot soldiers, it's the fact that by the time the North Koreans hit Seoul they're in for a world of hurt.

I'm all for cutting military spending. Ron Paul had a pretty good plan to do it without actually hurting the military, and still allowing us to provide humanitarian response.
That, and giving Congress a general kick in the balls and keeping them from needlessly spending the military budget on useless things and then not buying the useful things would help quite a bit.
Slowly cutting back to pre-Iraq war status is logical, and then, once we are out of Afghanistan, pre-Afghani war. It's logical, straight up. We can then begin the process of revising our military. What we need now is more mobility, not so much firepower. Unfortunately, as war always changes, so will our needs. Money will always be spent. Sure, we can definitely use it better than we are, but that's what a pen, paper, and Congressman's address being public knowledge are for.
That, and I'm all for using Stateside based military personnel openly for humanitarian projects like building houses for the homeless and whatnot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff