Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't support it becuase it's ******** stupid.

Perhaps propose a solution to our problems instead of bitching about them.

New to the concept of protest? Awareness is the goal, not resolution via mob. It does no good to project responsibility from your tax-paid legislators onto those who are arguing for your welfare.
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet
Hanma Selis
The answer is rather simple: These "black activist" nowadays will only commit if it is a race issue. If not, their logic is "why the heck should we care?"

And just to let you know, the only activist I care about is the one that better humanity, not just one race or creed.

Well unless all these black activists are in the "1%" it very much applies to them. Do you not support Occupy because you feel the goal is too narrow? Most of its detractors claim the goal is too broad.

ITT suicidesoldier does not understand anything, ever.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Hanma Selis
No, I don't. And until I see some action from Occupy, then they will never gain my support. Anyone can complain, but what are you going to do about it?

What kind of action are you calling for? Are the protestors supposed to replace Congress via force? Perhaps do something else dramatic via force?

We are only guaranteed peaceful protest in this country. If you're expecting revolution then I don't know what to tell you... Wait?

Fanatical Zealot

Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1

New to the concept of protest? Awareness is the goal, not resolution via mob. It does no good to project responsibility from your tax-paid legislators onto those who are arguing for your welfare.

Because, standing in the street and blocking traffic IS TOTALLY going to solve the problems, not hurt a bunch of random people.

What an amazing group!

I know, let's protest by sending people pipe bombs next!

That's totally a good way to protest- I say we take over random people's homes and then stand in their drive way's to prevent them from leaving their house.

What did they do wrong?

Who cares, it's okay to hurt random people seemingly non-violently so long as it's "protest".
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1

Because, standing in the street and blocking traffic IS TOTALLY going to solve the problems, not hurt a bunch of random people.

What an amazing group!

That's totally a good way to protest- I say we take over random people's homes and then stand in their drive way's to prevent them from leaving their house.

What did they do wrong?

Who cares, it's okay to hurt random people seemingly non-violently so long as it's "protest".

We'd explain it, but you're not smart enough to get it.

Which is a shame, because it's pretty simple.

Fanatical Zealot

Better yet, why don't I gun down some people in the street in cold blood to get on the news so I can spread my message.

That will totally work!

Fanatical Zealot

The Sky Does Not Bow
Suicidesoldier#1
Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1

What an amazing group!

What did they do wrong?

We'd explain it, but you're not smart enough to get it.

Which is a shame, because it's pretty simple.

Blah blah blah

You're a moron who can't explain s**t

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yoshpet
Hanma Selis
No, I don't. And until I see some action from Occupy, then they will never gain my support. Anyone can complain, but what are you going to do about it?

What kind of action are you calling for? Are the protestors supposed to replace Congress via force? Perhaps do something else dramatic via force?

We are only guaranteed peaceful protest in this country. If you're expecting revolution then I don't know what to tell you... Wait?

No, if you want to convince someone to change, then learn to speak their language. Wanna change Wall Street, speak money. Wanna change Congress, speak politics. They are not gonna listen to those who don't speak their language.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Suicidesoldier#1

What an amazing group!

What did they do wrong?

Yeah, still not getting the bolded. Protest spreads awareness, it doesn't resolve its own problem magically.

Were you expecting mass protest to be convenient? I don't know who to feel worse for, those who think violent stunts are a good means to protest, or those who are still employed and think their tenuous grasp on a pocket full of pennies means they're above the slobs protesting.
Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1

What an amazing group!

What did they do wrong?

Yeah, still not getting the bolded. Protest spreads awareness, it doesn't resolve its own problem magically.

Were you expecting mass protest to be convenient? I don't know who to feel worse for, those who think violent stunts are a good means to protest, or those who are still employed and think their tenuous grasp on a pocket full of pennies means they're above the slobs protesting.

Violence or provoking violence is, in fact, more effective in engendering progress. Effective, but not ethical.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Hanma Selis
No, if you want to convince someone to change, then learn to speak their language. Wanna change Wall Street, speak money. Wanna change Congress, speak politics. They are not gonna listen to those who don't speak their language.

Meaningless platitudes... They disagree with the language of greed as it is the concept that created this mess. The people are calling out for change because they have the power, not appealing meekly to Wall Street as if they deserve any respect.

Fanatical Zealot

Yoshpet
Suicidesoldier#1

What an amazing group!

What did they do wrong?

I was expecting it to make sense.

I have no respect for those who who ******** up other people's lives for some half brained pile of bullshit, especially when it won't even get anything done.

Oh really, becuase no-one knew that we are in a deficit, the economy is bad, millions of people are unemployed and there are corrupt officials everywhere?

Yeah, we've got to go out and do something stupid without proposing a solution, that'll work!

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
Violence or provoking violence is, in fact, more effective in engendering progress. Effective, but not ethical.

I fear it may even be necessary for the change the Occupiers want to see, but at that point they would no longer be considered protesters. They'd be violent revolutionaries. I'm not totally sure how I feel about that.

Fanatical Zealot

Yoshpet
The Sky Does Not Bow

I fear it may even be necessary for the change the Occupiers want to see, but at that point they would no longer be considered protesters. They'd be violent revolutionaries. I'm not totally sure how I feel about that.

WHO THE ******** ARE THEY GOING TO GET VIOLENT WITH?

RANDOM PEOPLE?

Who the hell are they going to target?

There's no-one to attack, they're unemployed and want jobs, what the ******** are we going to do about it?

Find them jobs?

Well damn, I know, if they kill someone randomly someone will decide to hire them.
Yoshpet
The Sky Does Not Bow

I made the point to say violent protest is unethical. There's a reason I included that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff