Welcome to Gaia! ::

But then turn around and say this is wrong?

It seems that the government is saying that 'we'll pay for your abortion for any reason you want...but the minute you decide you don't want a fetus carried to term because of gender, then it becomes a child and we won't allow that'.
Say what? If it's being done for convenience, then what gives them the right to step into the woman's uterus at this time?

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Because aborting a child because of gender can cause huge disparities in the numbers of males and females (look at China @_@).

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm sure there's a good difference between not wanting a child, period, and not wanting it out of sex discrimination.

It's s**t like that which led to a severe lack of women in China.
Dorinkingu
Because aborting a child because of gender can cause huge disparities in the numbers of males and females (look at China @_@).

So? It's a double standard. "You can have an abortion for any reason you want...but the MINUTE we think it's gender based, we own your uterus.'

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

So? It's a double standard. "You can have an abortion for any reason you want...but the MINUTE we think it's gender based, we own your uterus.'

I suppose, but maintaining a certain level of balance between genders is important.
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

I suppose, but maintaining a certain level of balance between genders is important.

So it's fine and dandy for the government to step on toes.

Blessed Browser

8,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
Certain states in India also have severe problems with sex-selective abortion and female infanticide.

I think governments are right to try to bring an end to sex-based abortions, but denying women abortions doesn't seem to be the correct way. I'd simply have laws against telling parents the gender of their child in the first place.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Xiam
I'm sure there's a good difference between not wanting a child, period, and not wanting it out of sex discrimination.

It's s**t like that which led to a severe lack of women in China.

That's why there are so many transvestites over there now. emotion_awesome
Agreed. This is retarded.

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

Pretty much, yes. As somebody stated above, it's one thing to not want a child. It's another thing entirely to not want a child just because of its gender.
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

Pretty much, yes. As somebody stated above, it's one thing to not want a child. It's another thing entirely to not want a child just because of its gender.

Bullshit. What business is it of the state why a woman wants to have an abortion? Bodily integrity unless it's for a reason we don't like? That's ******** idiotic.

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Tactical Leg Sweep
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

Bullshit. What business is it of the state why a woman wants to have an abortion? Bodily integrity unless it's for a reason we don't like? That's ******** idiotic.

You're ******** idiotic~
Dorinkingu
Tactical Leg Sweep
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

You're ******** idiotic~

Nice logic, numbnuts. That was easier than I thought.
Tactical Leg Sweep
Dorinkingu
Tactical Leg Sweep
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

You're ******** idiotic~

I think they just don't want to admit that they like having a nanny state, and, as long as they aren't getting ******** over by the law, then it's all hunky dory.

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Tactical Leg Sweep
Dorinkingu
Tactical Leg Sweep
Dorinkingu
Old Blue Collar Joe
Dorinkingu

You're ******** idiotic~

You people argue against anything sane and logical all over the ED; I'm not gonna waste my time explaining anything to deaf ears.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff