Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, so I have some questions and this is not at ALL in a hateful way or a "calling you out" sort of way. I fully support homosexuality and these are some things I just don't really get and have always been curious about.
I'm going to focus on female homosexuals, as that's where I see this most often.

I know some some lesbians (Also I apologize if anyone finds the word lesbian insulting or offensive in some way, but I am going to use it for lack of a better term) like to dress as males. They then date other lesbians, some of whom dress like males, some of whom do not.

My first question would be, if you are attracted to women, why is it you date a women who is trying to appear masculine?

Now, there are some women who do not wish to just appear masculine, but genuinely feel they were not born the right sex, so to say. I don't know if I should classify them as lesbians, as many consider themselves male despite their sex organs, but I guess here is my confusion.
I am going to use the show Degrassi as an example, though I am well-aware it is over-dramatized and not exactly an accurate representation of life. However, a sleepovers I have been forced into watching this and it has left me with some questions.

There is a female character on the show who considers herself male. She has not had a sex change operation of any sort, so, to be straight-forward: she has a v****a. However, she dresses male, dates women, and goes by a male name. I see this in real life, too, and see no issue with it.

However, this character also would like to be considered male by the rest of society. She/he wants to be able to use the male restroom and she/he gets angry in one episode when a women who is confused with her sexuality, dates her/him- clearly wanting to date another female. She/he claims that this women is looking for another girl, not a boy, and because of this, she/he is not what she's looking for.
I do not know if this happens in real life, but I suppose my question is something like this:

If you consider yourself male and do your best to appear this way and be known this way, but have not had a sex change, do you expect to date straight women who want to date males (like you consider yourself) or lesbians who are looking for other females?
Because when it comes down to it, I feel like, if you still have a v****a, looking for a straight girl makes little sense despite how you feel about yourself or how you try to appear on the outside. It's all fine I suppose at first, but the second things get intimate, a straight girl wouldn't want another women's body, right?

I guess I just wonder what people in these sorts of situations/with these feelings are thinking/expecting about this whole thing.

On a kind of side note, I completely support anyone who has always felt they were "born the wrong gender" getting a sex change so that they no longer have female parts, and becoming the man they feel they are and dating straight women. Honestly, I'm even iffy on if they even needing to tell the women they were once female. I mean, I suppose when it comes to serious relationships and being open and honest with each other you should, but I feel they were man on the inside, and now the outside matches, so really, there shouldn't be a problem.
My confusion is just with those who haven't gone through this process.
Daydreamer0fly
My first question would be, if you are attracted to women, why is it you date a women who is trying to appear masculine?

There's no accounting for taste.

Daydreamer0fly
If you consider yourself male and do your best to appear this way and be known this way, but have not had a sex change, do you expect to date straight women who want to date males (like you consider yourself) or lesbians who are looking for other females?

If you considered yourself a straight man what would you be looking for?
CH1YO
Daydreamer0fly

Daydreamer0fly

I suppose that's true, though I guess it seems to me if you're attracted to women you wouldn't want the most many women you could find. Then again, some straight women like girly men so I see your point~

As for the second comment....fair enough, but I guess I more so wonder if they succeed in finding straight women to date them? I feel like it'd be simple at first, but the second they want to get physical at all, a straight women may have issues physically as they don't have an attraction to the female body. You know what I'm saying?
Have you or anyone you know ever experienced that sort of thing?
Daydreamer0fly
CH1YO
Daydreamer0fly

Daydreamer0fly

I suppose that's true, though I guess it seems to me if you're attracted to women you wouldn't want the most many women you could find. Then again, some straight women like girly men so I see your point~

As for the second comment....fair enough, but I guess I more so wonder if they succeed in finding straight women to date them? I feel like it'd be simple at first, but the second they want to get physical at all, a straight women may have issues physically as they don't have an attraction to the female body. You know what I'm saying?

A lot of transgendered people are very lonely. It is unfortunate but there are difficulties, even after surgery. People tend to fare best when they are homosexual in this regard.
CH1YO
Daydreamer0fly
CH1YO
Daydreamer0fly

Daydreamer0fly

A lot of transgendered people are very lonely. It is unfortunate but there are difficulties, even after surgery. People tend to fare best when they are homosexual in this regard.

I see. Thank you very much for the reply ^_^
Daydreamer0fly
CH1YO
Daydreamer0fly
CH1YO
Daydreamer0fly

Daydreamer0fly

I see. Thank you very much for the reply ^_^

No problem, I hope it was helpful.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I know some straight guys who like butch girls.
I know some straight girls who like effette guys.

I think you are confusing socially normative gender roles with gender identity, which is a very common thing to do.

It takes all kinds to make a species.
CuAnnan

Or loads of clones.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
CH1YO
CuAnnan

Or loads of clones.

I would totally have sex with my clone.
Does that make me gay?
CuAnnan
CH1YO
CuAnnan

Or loads of clones.

Does that make me gay?

If you're a mammal it probably makes you a sheep.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
CH1YO
CuAnnan
CH1YO
CuAnnan

Or loads of clones.

Does that make me gay?

Well I am a mammal.
I guess that explains the compulsive grass eating.
And the digestive problems around gluten.
CuAnnan
CH1YO
CuAnnan
CH1YO
CuAnnan

Or loads of clones.

Does that make me gay?

Well I am a mammal.
I guess that explains the compulsive grass eating.
And the digestive problems around gluten.

Avoid clover. I think.

Dapper Reveler

CH1YO

Avgvsto
CH1YO

Neil Young's heart of gold is not the correct answer.

Dapper Reveler

CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

Neil Young's heart of gold is not the correct answer.
...Fine, but someone has told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes, and flowers in her hair

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff