Welcome to Gaia! ::

After having many drop out friends, I start to hear the question. "Why do you think dropping out of school is bad?" This thread will be based around the following:
1.) Is dropping out bad?
2.) Why is Highschool necessary at all?
3.) How much of a highschool education do you actually use in college?
4.) Should there be highschool reforms?
Please keep these all in mind as you from your argument. If you are to post statistics please link to your source. No being biased, please 3nodding
Good luck surviving on your own if you drop out of high school.

That's all that really needs to be said.

"4.) Should there be highschool reforms?"

It's not the highschool's that need to be reformed, it's the kids who drop out or want to drop out who need to be reformed.

Everyone always wants to blame the schools and the teachers, but often it's not the school or the teachers that are the problem it's the ******** students.

Pay attention in class, get your s**t together, stop complaining, learn to sit still and shut up. It isn't that difficult, it just takes a bit of discipline or curiosity, there's a problem with people if they are unable to do this.
I am in college-- however it has come to my attention that I have many highschool drop out friends doing better than me. But thanks for contributing razz
Slasher65rm
I am in college-- however it has come to my attention that I have many highschool drop out friends doing better than me. But thanks for contributing razz

Because trends can be determined by looking at a very short time frame.

Come on, this isn't rocket science. Look 10 years down the road, your high school drop out friends won't be doing better than you.

Tipsy Smoker

SirPuzzle
Slasher65rm

Come on, this isn't rocket science. Look 10 years down the road, your high school drop out friends won't be doing better than you.
Experience is more valuable than education.
SirPuzzle
Good luck surviving on your own if you drop out of high school.

That's all that really needs to be said.

"4.) Should there be highschool reforms?"

It's not the highschool's that need to be reformed, it's the kids who drop out or want to drop out who need to be reformed.

Everyone always wants to blame the schools and the teachers, but often it's not the school or the teachers that are the problem it's the ******** students.

Pay attention in class, get your s**t together, stop complaining, learn to sit still and shut up. It isn't that difficult, it just takes a bit of discipline or curiosity, there's a problem with people if they are unable to do this.

Curiosity? How could you possibly be curious when you have a white piece of paper laid in front of you with 20 questions, asking you exactly what you just read on a white board. Kids don't care about the cellular structure of the human body. They have no reason to care, unless they aspire to be something in the medical field. And you know what? After going to college for psychology, I am only using 1/3 what I learned in school. And I find it absurd that I had to learn some of the things I did. Sorry, I meant copy some words off of a white board on to a piece of paper. College is NOT like Highschool. I get intereactive learning and asignments, my professor does not make us copy words for a test. He makes us experience them, and makes us ask questions. And that's why I feel like my friends could be doing exactly what I am doing, even if they never took advanced algebra or Chemistry.

Dapper Reveler

Slasher65rm

Why is college more important than high school?

Garbage

Slasher65rm
1.) Is dropping out bad?
Depends on why and what you do after. If you drop out because you feel oppressed/depressed and having something you want to work on, go for it. If you drop out because school is "stupid" and you want to "work on your own projects" (smoke weed all day) then you're a ******** tard and school wouldn't do you much good anyways.

Slasher65rm
4.) Should there be highschool reforms?
Answers may vary radically depending on which high school. I attended two high schools, the first of which accused me of faking trips to the hospital, didn't give any help to Special Ed students unless they were actually in Special Ed classes, and never taught its students that sexual harassment was an actual thing. The second school was absolutely magical in comparison (excluding the fact that I wasn't allowed to sing tenor in voice class anymore) because the Special Ed program actually meant something and the teachers were willing to talk to their students.

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Every society needs a lower class and an underclass. If folks drop out of High School, then they can join the lower class. So I do not oppose dropping out of High School. I will need the next generation to drop out, so that someone will always be available to adequately clean the windshield on my 'going out' sedan.

Beloved Lunatic

If someone is dropping out of high school, they probably weren't getting anything worthwhile or of it anyway. They might as well get on to whatever they're going to do after sooner rather than later.

Fanatical Zealot

Of course it is.

Then how will they make money in the economy? 3nodding

Beloved Lunatic

Suicidesoldier#1
Of course it is.

Then how will they make money in the economy? 3nodding

By becoming auntrepi...entropa...interpenu...er, business starters. You don't need smarts for that, right?
Avgvsto
Slasher65rm

Why is college more important than high school?

In the sense of it being "higher education"?
SirPuzzle
Slasher65rm

Depends a lot on what the major is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces