Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Inquisitor

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Inquisitor 200
Booty Tickle
I'm black and Native American, my cheek bones and reddish tint of skin show that. When people ask I just say I'm black because everyone claims to have Native American in their blood. And I don't feel like going into a speech on how I really am half. I also hate when people assume my hair is fake because its long and soft.

I don't understand why a lot of black people say that. Didn't most Native Americans help the whites watch and capture black slaves in order to keep their land? Not to say all some don't have native American blood.
sweatdrop
It happens in New Zealand if you are Maori and look like a Maori as well. I was referred to as "that Maori girl" all through high school because I have olive skin and Maori features.

Hilarious Prophet

Larry Matasareanu
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
people assume my hair is fake because its long and soft.
Are you bragging?

Larry Matasareanu says: Its not bragging if its true???
You can easily brag about facts Larry.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Are you bragging?
no I'm sayin they think my hair is too nice to be my own and it must be weave, because you know black girls can't have nice hair unless its fake.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
The Great_Xulchibara
Booty Tickle
I'm black and Native American, my cheek bones and reddish tint of skin show that. When people ask I just say I'm black because everyone claims to have Native American in their blood. And I don't feel like going into a speech on how I really am half. I also hate when people assume my hair is fake because its long and soft.

I don't understand why a lot of black people say that. Didn't most Native Americans help the whites watch and capture black slaves in order to keep their land? Not to say all some don't have native American blood.
sweatdrop
sometimes Native Americans helped the blacks escape or once blacks managed to escape the NA let them live along side them because they had a common enemy and what not. And I'm not sure why a lot of black people or people in general claim to be mixed with a lot of other races. I have a white friend and she claims to be about 24 different things.

Hilarious Prophet

Booty Tickle
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Are you bragging?
no I'm sayin they think my hair is too nice to be my own and it must be weave, because you know black girls can't have nice hair unless its fake.
How do you define "black" and "nice?"

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Also have you noticed that most of the time mixed girls play black girls on tv or movies? For example that girl in shake it up, both of her parents are clearly black but she's mixed and so is her brother.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Are you bragging?
How do you define "black" and "nice?"
black Americans, decedents of African Americans. Nice as in not a dry rough scrub pad attached to someone's head, trying to pass as hair.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
marshmallowcreampie
With mixed-race people, they're usually identified by whatever race they most resemble. Obama looks more black than white, so people call him black.

Even when he identified himself as "white"?

Weird... I've mostly come across people who give both areas of their background, but to be honest not many people would ask in the first place or even be in a situation when they would have to define themselves...

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
My personal favourite quote to make, "Why it gotta be black homie?" and then everyone laughs and class continues.

Hilarious Prophet

Booty Tickle
black Americans, decedents of African Americans.
How would an african american look?
Quote:
Nice as in not a dry rough scrub pad attached to someone's head, trying to pass as hair.
Oh, you mean hair like mine! Are you implying that your hair is more authentic than mine? Is your hair better than mine because it's not "dry rough scab?" Are you superior to us because you're mixed?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Quote:
Nice as in not a dry rough scrub pad attached to someone's head, trying to pass as hair.
Oh, you mean hair like mine! Are you implying that your hair is more authentic than mine? Is your hair better than mine because it's not "dry rough scab?" Are you superior to us because you're mixed?
whoa I never ever said your hair was like that. Or any other black persons hair was like that. I was just using that as an opposite group of adjectives opposed to "nice". I just don't know why everyone expects black people's hair to feel like that. I always get comments like "oh I didn't expect it to feel like that" . Also when I was younger white ladies would always stop my mom and ask her how she did my hair in the style she did and how "nice" my hair was.

Hilarious Prophet

Booty Tickle
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Quote:
whoa I never ever said your hair was like that. Or any other black persons hair was like that. I was just using that as an opposite group of adjectives opposed to "nice". I just don't know why everyone expects black people's hair to feel like that. I always get comments like "oh I didn't expect it to feel like that" . Also when I was younger white ladies would always stop my mom and ask her how she did my hair in the style she did and how "nice" my hair was.
I presume what is "black" isn't often associated with nice in america and these stereotypes persist because black americans see themselves through that stereotypic lense.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Quote:
I presume what is "black" isn't often associated with nice in america and these stereotypes persist because black americans see themselves through that stereotypic lense.
you can't win and you can't lose, curly natural hair isn't always considered appropriate in some situations like job interviews and stuff, but perming hair and getting weaves is considered being fake or trying to be white. I'm not trying to sound rude or racist but I feel like black girls are held to a certain standard by other black girls to act a certain way or whatever. Like if a black girl dies her whole head pink she's ghetto or trying to be white but if a white girl does it it's just self expression. These are all things I've witnessed or experienced.

Hilarious Prophet

Booty Tickle
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Jacque De Molay
Booty Tickle
Quote:
you can't win and you can't lose, curly natural hair isn't always considered appropriate in some situations like job interviews and stuff, but perming hair and getting weaves is considered being fake or trying to be white. I'm not trying to sound rude or racist but I feel like black girls are held to a certain standard by other black girls to act a certain way or whatever. Like if a black girl dies her whole head pink she's ghetto or trying to be white but if a white girl does it it's just self expression. These are all things I've witnessed or experienced.
Why are black Americans viewed as a distorted comparison of the white standard?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff