Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
Jai-Mei Sai
It reminds me of this case: a boy, one of twins, had his p***s accidentally burned off during circumcision. His doctor, a strong believer in nurture over nature, believed that if the boy was raised as a girl, (s)he would never know the truth that she was born male. Of course, this didn't work - even at the age of 6, the 'girl' knew she was a boy. At age 14 he 'came out', but tragically, he killed himself by the age of 30. The boy wasn't intersexed, his p***s was lost as an accident, but this case proves that gender identity is firmly ingrained.

No offence, but I call bull s**t.
A p***s could not be burnt of during a circumcision.
And even if it somehow was - doctors can reconstruct a p***s.
This is not bullshit. This happened 30 years ago. It's recently been back in all the papers because of the suicide of the boy. I'm sure I can find a few articles for you... here's one:

Another recent book to tackle the feminist orthodoxy of gender-as-culture is John Colapinto's moving study of a Canadian infant boy who was the victim of a botched circumcision at eight months and had his p***s burnt off.
He was born in the mid-1960s and, following the doctrine of gender-as-cultural-construct, the doctors advised his parents to remove the boy's genitals altogether and make him into a little girl.
By a fluke, the boy had an identical twin who grew up as a normal boy while he - given the name of "Brenda" - was dressed in girl's clothes and reared as a member of the female sex.
At the time, the medical establishment hailed the surgery as a brilliant success, and cited Brenda as proof positive of the cultural origins of gender. Then, mysteriously, Brenda disappeared from the scientific literature. Intrigued, Colapinto tracked her down and found "him" working in an abattoir in Winnipeg.
It turns out that Brenda was beyond miserable as a little girl. Although denied the truth about her real gender until she was 14, she insisted on wearing boy's clothes and playing rough sports. It was only when her parents thought she might commit suicide that she was told the truth.
She subsequently took testosterone, had a double mastectomy, married a woman and now has three adopted children. Call her David. That's who he is. As Nature Made Him, as the book title has it.

Search the name, you'll find many more articles. Please don't call bullshit without researching first.
Sorry. Accidental double post.
1. If you love a hermaphrodite does that automatically make you bi even though it's only one person?

No. Their birth certificate will specify whichever gender the parents chose them to go by or whichever one they've chosen for themselves.

2. Is bi consittered straight for a hermaphrodite? Is it straight only if they only love other hermaphrodites?

Again, they have a single gender and thus they can be either straight, gay, or bi as everyone else would be.

3. If gay marage is outlawed will hermaphrodites be allowed to marry at all? Only with other hermaphrodites? With anyone?

Yes they will be as long as it's to someone with the opposite gender on their birth certificate.

4. Just an interesting thought: Hermaphrodites can theoretically have their own children. If they do, would they be charged for incest? Would this be consittered masturbation?

Hermaphrodites' genitalia is generally not fully developed either for both or one of them. In fact, parents (or even just the doctors without consultation) will choose which genitalia the child should have and do surgery almost immediately. Many hermaphrodites don't even know about it for most of their lives.

You're best to find an actual hermaphrodite and discuss things with them. I find it to be a very interesting topic and a very emotional one. I'm glad I've gotten to meet the hermaphrodite that I did and hear their life story. It has really educated me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff