Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are the indicators used to create the HDI, determined by the UN, accurate depictions of a country's level of development? What other factors should be included in the HDI?
sweatdrop What's the HDI?
Human development index

Perfect Saint

Ooh. Sounds like a homework. Have you tried to google for it?
SOMG I SEE BUTT IN YOUR SIGGY! ITS SEXUAL BECUSE IT HAS LETHER AND THATS A FETTISH!!!!!!!!1

-reported-
Myrielle

Nope, not homework. Just trying to get something other than sex/abortion/gay rights discussed.

Perfect Saint

swift.the.fox
SOMG I SEE BUTT IN YOUR SIGGY! ITS SEXUAL BECUSE IT HAS LETHER AND THATS A FETTISH!!!!!!!!1

-reported-
Idiot. And a prude. Then that would be the admins fault for creating the nitemare bustier and the rest of the clothes I am wearing. This is a PG-13 site and butts can be shown in most cases. I do not see any nudity.
Myrielle
swift.the.fox

-reported-
Idiot. And a prude. Then that would be the admins fault for creating the nitemare bustier and the rest of the clothes I am wearing. This is a PG-13 site and butts can be shown in most cases. I do not see any nudity.

dont worry about it, he obviously is a noob!
angelabrock75
Myrielle
swift.the.fox

-reported-

dont worry about it, he obviously is a noob!

It's not a game, so can you truly have noobs?
Lyrra_Askavi
Myrielle

Nope, not homework. Just trying to get something other than sex/abortion/gay rights discussed.

Bout time. It is dusgusting how many people can talk about that crap, but nonetheless it is a welcome getaway thingy.

So tell me about this HDI. It sounds interesting.
Hmm..

I think that (from the top of my head, and not using google) HDI is basically ..

Economy Divided by Population of country= Income Per Household/person

And from there, they can make as much Biased results as they can...
Basically, it's how the UN determines how "developed" a country is. Technically, there is no such thing as a third world country, as all countries have passed through that phase of the demographic transition. In more developed countries, there are higher standards of literacy, income, living, etc. In less developed countries, the standards of living are severely lowered and the average house income is surprisingly less. The gap between MDC and LDC is increasing quickly. Less developed countries are often called "developing countries"; this is done because it sounds better, as if the country is improving when in reality it is not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff