Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

I'm not sure China really cares about North Korea.

What has North Korea done for them recently?

Fanatical Prophet

AndyFrench
Bazinga.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SoViEtTaNkT34
All depends upon where you put Juche ideology.
As far as I'm aware the situation in North Korea bears no resemblance at all to the Juche idea.

SoViEtTaNkT34
Im willing to go on a tour with you if you want to NK so we can show you these "INSANE" peoples. Just bring a lot of cigarette cartons and candy. North Koreans love cigarettes and the children all love the candy you give them.

So when do you want to go?
I have the strangest feeling that I'm about to get raped.
Crylvia

SoViEtTaNkT34
Im willing to go on a tour with you if you want to NK so we can show you these "INSANE" peoples. Just bring a lot of cigarette cartons and candy. North Koreans love cigarettes and the children all love the candy you give them.

So when do you want to go?
I have the strangest feeling that I'm about to get raped.
3nodding
Suicidesoldier#1

They don't..they just don't want a refugee situation.
Yeah lol xd
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/11/world/asia/north-korea-armistice/?hpt=hp_t1

well, it's looking like we are right on schedule:

Quote:
North Korea declares 1953 armistice invalid

Hong Kong (CNN) -- The North Korean army has declared invalid the armistice agreement that ended the Korean War in 1953, the official newspaper of the country's ruling Workers' Party said Monday.

Since last week, North Korea had been threatening to scrap the armistice after the U.N. Security Council passed tougher sanctions against it in response to its February 12 nuclear test.

On Monday, the Rodong Sinmun newspaper reported that the Supreme Command of North Korea's army had done so.

"The U.S. has reduced the armistice agreement to a dead paper," the newspaper said.

North Korea also cut off direct phone links with South Korea at the inter-Korean border village of Panmunjom, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency. The phone line was the emergency link for quick, two-way communication between the two sides.

Fanatical Zealot

Would really suck.

Nukes or not they're zealous and we've already have problems with extended wars.

This would be virtually a whole country, 10's of millions of people, at our throat, with lots of military stuff, and being a military minded, brainwashed culture.

It would not be fun at all.

We're talking probably massive casualties even on our side assuming a contained North Korea and international support in an Invasion.
Suicidesoldier#1
Would really suck.

Nukes or not they're zealous and we've already have problems with extended wars.

This would be virtually a whole country, 10's of millions of people, at our throat, with lots of military stuff, and being a military minded, brainwashed culture.

We're talking probably massive casualties even on our side assuming a contained North Korea and international support in an Invasion.

I think a lot of people forget that while we make fun of North Korea's out dated military, there's been this huge trend toward urban warfare machines that are "lighter and faster" and LESS POWERFUL. There's a whole series on the subject in Hulu.
http://www.hulu.com/21st-century-war-machines

they keep bragging about how no one uses big a** tanks and bombs anymore, and it's all Muhajadeen dudes on jeeps and horses with AK-47s and Rocket Launchers, so they want to use drones and IED resistant ACPs like the Maxpros bought by Homeland Security. So while England, the United States, and even China & Iran are following this lighter cheaper solution, I don't think North Korea got the memo.

Fanatical Zealot

Michael Noire
Suicidesoldier#1
Would really suck.

I think a lot of people forget that while we make fun of North Korea's out dated military, there's been this huge trend toward urban warfare machines that are "lighter and faster" and LESS POWERFUL. There's a whole series on the subject in Hulu.

they keep bragging about how no one uses big a** tanks and bombs anymore, and it's all Muhajadeen dudes on jeeps and horses with AK-47s and Rocket Launchers, so they want to use drones and IED resistant ACPs like the Maxpros bought by Homeland Security. So while England, the United States, and even China & Iran are following this lighter cheaper solution, I don't think North Korea got the memo.

Exactly.

We're talking about a large, conventional military force and trying to fight them on their turf with mobile technology.

Everyone talks about how the new F-35's and beach landing equipment is useless, when is there going to be a beach landing, what point are there to fighter planes?!

Well, now you know.

No biggie, just the giant pink elephant in the room that's been staring us down for more than 50 years.

We be kind of silly if the most powerful military in the world couldn't face even minor threats.
Suicidesoldier#1
Michael Noire
Suicidesoldier#1
Would really suck.

Exactly.

We're talking about a large, conventional military force and trying to fight them on their turf with mobile technology.

Everyone talks about how the new F-35's and beach landing equipment is useless, when is there going to be a beach landing, what point are there to fighter planes?!

Well, now you know.

No biggie, just the giant pink elephant in the room that's been staring us down for more than 50 years.

We be kind of silly if the most powerful military in the world couldn't face even minor threats.

you know, I've been thinking. A country can spend a trillion dollars conducting research on the most advanced equipment, and then for about a billion dollars, another country can have spies steal the blue prints and add MP3 players, if you know what I mean. We have the the most expensive military, but I don't know that we have the most effective - it all stops being effective when either side is willing to use nukes.

Fanatical Zealot

Michael Noire
Suicidesoldier#1
Michael Noire
Suicidesoldier#1
Would really suck.

Exactly.

Well, now you know.

you know, I've been thinking. A country can spend a trillion dollars conducting research on the most advanced equipment, and then for about a billion dollars, another country can have spies steal the blue prints and add MP3 players, if you know what I mean. We have the the most expensive military, but I don't know that we have the most effective - it all stops being effective when either side is willing to use nukes.

That's part of the problem.

Are we going to wipe out, virtually wage genocide against all of North Korea due to the fact that practically half of their population would likely zealotly attack any foreign people, there to support them or not?

Fighting through all this and dismantling a country's military and civilian force, who has nukes and missiles and could carpet bomb their own country, who is willing to zealotly die in an half assed attack just to hurt one innocent person, without doing the same to them, with very few casualties?

That makes it insanely difficult

Coupled with the fact that very few of our allies support us on this, want us to get rid of our nukes, and don't share in the bulk of the technology development and yet benefit from it, only makes it harder.

We're a brutish, militaristic, violent culture until the chips are down, than we're the bravest and more awesomest intelligant peoplesz ever.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Le Pere Duchesne
It is scary how many people declare such vehement hate for North Korea that they declare it should be bombed or destroyed or whatever, ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the population have no interest in any war started by either side. Seriously, you people are sick.

People judge other countries like that all the time. God knows I've heard plenty of hate thrown at my country
I do not see how China could ever back up NK in the case of war because they really have nothing to offer the Chinese while China getting involved would certainly cause an American Embargo.

Interesting Millionaire

7,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Streaker 200
Suicidesoldier#1

Make the U.S look stupid, and keep a constant money flow from our economy to station troops around the world.

Fanatical Zealot

imblaine2
Suicidesoldier#1

Make the U.S look stupid, and keep a constant money flow from our economy to station troops around the world.

How does North Korea make us look stupid?

If anything it would make us look smarter by comparison.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff