Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I always said to my friends that WW3 will be started by either Iran or North Korea.

Hilarious Genius

They're most likely just pre-flexing before their anticipated third nuclear test. While they certainly do not need ICBMs to hit inside of South Korea, they have to realize that they would be crushed swiftly underfoot should they even try and aim that s**t in their general direction. Hence, they're just trying to demonstrate that they CAN do these things, despite their failed rocket.
N Korea WILL listen to big brother China,
China and The US, and pretty much most of the world are on too good terms right now to let anything like that happen.

Shameless Heckler

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
washu_2004
Going to war with North Korea?

I have news for you and it is going to sound a bit Orwellian but it can't be helped. We have always been at war with North Korea.

The Korean war has yet to officially end , all we have is a ceasefire at the moment. The war is still officially continuing.

It is, however, effectively over as no hostilities have been exchanged for, like, 50 years.

Except for the shelling of the south Korean island of Yeonpyeong in 2010 or the USS Pueblo being captured in 1968 or the hijacking of KAL flight 858, or the abduction of foreign nationals (especially from japan.).
I hope we do so bitches can get lo................................ mein on my d**k

and drop they booties like bombs

asian girls have smaller v****a holes so it's better for the peepee

north korean women have no money so they like americans who are poor but seem rich by comparison

i like the color yellow it is my favorite canaries are my favorite

Golden Citizen

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Considering how North Korea is ten years behind the current nuclear technology, there is no cause for worry

Lonely Millionaire

6,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
  • First step to fame 200
Michael Noire
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/north-korea-issues-unusually-specific-threat-152720861.html

ok, so you've probably heard Iran just traded our drone to China in exchange for some sort of gift basket, but have you also heard that North Korea made a direct declaration of Attack against Seoul Korea? I've been there, it has nice comics and decent candy. I wouldn't want to see it carpet bombed or nuked or whatever it is North Korea is planning on doing. One thing is certain, they sound pissed and are probably going to start a storm, and then we will get drug into it at the same time China gets drug into it and it will be too many layers of bad to elaborate.

If we are lucky this is a hoax or empty threat, but I get the feeling it isn't. Mainly because they just got horribly mocked by the world press when their missile test failed, and about the same time India (I believe) started bragging about entering the global nuclear theater with extended range rockets.

here's the notes from Associated Press.
Quote:

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea promised Monday to reduce South Korea's conservative government "to ashes" in less than four minutes, in an unusually specific escalation of recent threats aimed at its southern rival.

The statement by North Korea's military, carried by state media, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula. Both Koreas recently unveiled new missiles, and the North tried unsuccessfully to launch a long-range rocket earlier this month.

The growing animosity has prompted worries that North Korea may conduct a nuclear test — something it did after rocket launches in 2006 and 2009. South Korean intelligence officials say recent satellite images show the North has been digging a new tunnel in what appears to be preparation for a third atomic test.

North Korea's military vowed in its statement to begin "special actions" soon against the government and conservative media companies that would "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."

North Korea regularly criticizes Seoul and just last week renewed its promise to wage a "sacred war," saying South Korean President Lee Myung-bak had insulted the North's April 15 celebrations of the birth centennial of national founder Kim Il Sung.

I'm asserting somethings amiss because of the relative media blackout on the issue.

I know that I'm three pages late, but North and South Korea have been at war for years.. a Cease Fire doesn't equal peace. I should know, I was stationed there in 08'

Beloved Prophet

AndyFrench
Le Pere Duchesne
It is scary how many people declare such vehement hate for North Korea that they declare it should be bombed or destroyed or whatever, ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the population have no interest in any war started by either side. Seriously, you people are sick.

While I can't speak for others, I can tell you this.

Nobody (Aside from a few fanatics) wants a war with North Korea. It's simply a matter of What would happen.

If North Korea attacked South Korea in an effort to "Turn it to ashes" (as they seem to be suggesting they would) the U.S and South Korea would retaliate in a rather brutal fashion. This has nothing to do with the wants of their people.

Let me give you an example: NK starts firing rockets at South Korea..... What do you expect them to do?

Oh gee wiz, their people don't want this and we shouldn't make them suffer. I guess we ought to just let them reduce Seoul to ashes..... at least nobody will say we were sick.

It is action and reaction. If North Korea tries to destroy South Korea South Korea will try to destroy North Korea, it isn't about hatered or what the population of NK wants, it is self defence. A Wolf and a Bear are fighting over a den they both believe is their own, do you call the one sick for defending itself?

While you can justify this s**t as "well if they start it, then of course they're gonna get invaded and killed" but that's not really the point that I was complaining about. Just look at the fist page of the thread and the people trying to be hard-arses by being all ballsy and threatening to NK, "We should just bomb them to show them who's boss" and similar sentiments. That's nothing short of racism, declaring the life of North Korean people to be worth nothing but a message telling the Party to 'back the ******** down' or some other nonsense. The exact same attitude which identifies the oppressed with their oppressors that motivated those guys to hijack a bunch of planes in 2001, and which serves to motivate ignoring the gross civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan.
i can't help but notice that NK seems to be like that bully in school or nerd for that matter, who get's pissed off is anyone disagres with them or makes fun of them. than waits till peoples backs are turned and their attention is drawn somewhere else to do anything about it.
Le Pere Duchesne
AndyFrench
Le Pere Duchesne
It is scary how many people declare such vehement hate for North Korea that they declare it should be bombed or destroyed or whatever, ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the population have no interest in any war started by either side. Seriously, you people are sick.

Nobody (Aside from a few fanatics) wants a war with North Korea. It's simply a matter of What would happen.

If North Korea attacked South Korea in an effort to "Turn it to ashes" (as they seem to be suggesting they would) the U.S and South Korea would retaliate in a rather brutal fashion. This has nothing to do with the wants of their people.

Let me give you an example: NK starts firing rockets at South Korea..... What do you expect them to do?

Oh gee wiz, their people don't want this and we shouldn't make them suffer. I guess we ought to just let them reduce Seoul to ashes..... at least nobody will say we were sick.

It is action and reaction. If North Korea tries to destroy South Korea South Korea will try to destroy North Korea, it isn't about hatered or what the population of NK wants, it is self defence. A Wolf and a Bear are fighting over a den they both believe is their own, do you call the one sick for defending itself?

While you can justify this s**t as "well if they start it, then of course they're gonna get invaded and killed" but that's not really the point that I was complaining about. Just look at the fist page of the thread and the people trying to be hard-arses by being all ballsy and threatening to NK, "We should just bomb them to show them who's boss" and similar sentiments. That's nothing short of racism, declaring the life of North Korean people to be worth nothing but a message telling the Party to 'back the ******** down' or some other nonsense. The exact same attitude which identifies the oppressed with their oppressors that motivated those guys to hijack a bunch of planes in 2001, and which serves to motivate ignoring the gross civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan.

By that standard North Korea is just as bad. Threatening to reduce all of South Korea to ashes, trying to be all ballsy and threatening SKs Government and the West "We should just reduce them to ashes to show them who's boss and similar sentiments. That's nothing short of racism, declaring the life of South Korean people to be worth nothing but a message, telling the capitalists to "back the ******** down" or some other nonsesnse. The exact same attitude which motivated those guys to invade South Korea in the mid 20th century, and which serve to motivate, ignoring the gross civilian causalities for both sides in the Korean War.
Le Pere Duchesne
AndyFrench
Le Pere Duchesne

But on a more serious note, thats how tough talking on the internet works.... You are aware you are on the INTERNET, correct? And that real geo-political politics don't follow the Internet? If they did America would have invaded Canada years ago just because they could, and the Canadian people would have pushed them off in a glorious gurrlia struggle.... and Russia and America would have nuked each other hundreds of times over, and so on and so forth.

In essence: Are you honestly taking attitudes on the internet seriously?

Lonely Dabbler

They might want to focus on getting their population off of meth first before they try to continue any wars.
I suspect this is mostly to prop up the public image in NK of Kim Jong Sung and a way of declaring "Im wearing my big boy pants" to the wider world after the embarrassment of that missile test last week.

Lonely Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
First of all if I get recalled into the Marines I'm going to be pissed...
secondly I believe that NK doesn't really have any allies. NK has nothing to offer anyone.
if any thing I'm surprised China doesn't just take care of the problem themselves absorb NK into their country and... well get rid of the jong family and restore the country to a more civil place. hell maybe put more factories there or something for the kids to work at ... haha maybe leave Tibet and go to NK instead haha... or we could just say ******** it and let Asia deal with Asia... SK is an ally yeah but i don't think we should intervene in the affairs unless NK advances past the DMZ we have forces there and also quite a very adequate force in Okinawa that NK is scared of. (FACT)

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
North Korea's military leaders are probably creaming themselves over the idea of going to war with the states. It's what they've been preparing and planning for years. It won't be easy at all invading them due to a bunch of different factors (geography, strategic tunnels and such, large military, frightened populace etc). China won't stand by them, NK is their 'special' little brother who likes to punch people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff