Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

Tranquil Surrogate
Suicidesoldier#1
lufflysmitten
Suicidesoldier#1
lufflysmitten
I read like...the first page.

NK new leader doesn't make efforts to keep communications with China> This is the tipping point for China, they are now tired of their bullshit and agree to sanctions. > NK probably feels betrayed and alone. They don't get what they want because they aren't behaving and Mom and Dad has finally said no to the fat boy. > They have nothing to loose.

The issue won't be a nuke or EMP strike. It will be everyone getting pulled in. Sure, they try to bomb a nuke anywhere and they will be erased from the map. But the survivors will be standing on China's door steps. China doesn't want that. China also doesn't want the US or UN to take that plot of land. They want it as a buffer between them and South Korea. China isn't stupid on that part and frankly it's smart to want a buffer. US and China will be pulled in together taking the UN and Japan and South Korea along for the ride. We will also be responsible for protecting Japan and South Korea. Since WW2 and basically deconstructing the Japanese army, we are now allies and pretty much responsible for their protection.

North Korea stands with a lot to gain and we have something to loose if it goes wrong. I think the only way this will end alright is if China goes and and says "******** you" and topples their regime. Most likely not going to happen.

TL;DR
This is a lot like lancing a boil and will happen eventually. I just want it to be over with. Sitting on the West Coast reading news updates suck.

Everyday I read the news thinking, maybe a nuke goes off, in a city, any city, hurting innocent people, maybe one going off in China or anywhere else, maybe we announce a full scale invasion of Korea, the things that would change, hundreds of thousands of troops and resources being committed, like still tired veterans of our last wars.

It's horrifying to think that this might not only happen, but it's almost an inevitability.

Or perhaps we Nuke Korea.

It would happen so fast I mean. Idk.

But we nuke them no matter what they did and China will be pretty po'd about it.

But would we nuke them at all?

Wipe out an entire country to stop a military force, do we condemn the entire civilization, 10's of millions of people?
Exactly. This happens so often - people brush off North Korea as just "that crazy country". But really, it's the leaders that are crazy. People don't make the choice to be born there, and when they are they find themselves locked into a slave society in which you're forced to work 6 days a week (plus one day of "involuntary labor" ), live in borderline starvation and worship some fat dictator as your god, or else you'll be sent to a camp to be tortured and killed.

It makes me so angry because these people are just victims of a 1% that's gone batshit insane, but at the same time a Western invasion of North Korea would probably involve thousands of civilian casualties. There has to be some better solution.

Possibly millions and hundreds of thousands of our own. It's crazy to think that a lot of these people might be forced into combat and we'd be fighting through civilian forces that didn't even want to fight us.

I don't think we'd nuke them. I'd think it would be an invasion, with more casualties on both side than the Vietnam war even.
North Korea would get obliterated.

Fanatical Zealot

Herm... this looks like a job for, SUPERMAN!
Rebeldoomer
North Korea would get obliterated.

North Korea is already a wasteland full of cannibals. The only difference is they will likely go down fighting with nukes, because sanctions give them the excuse to take as many as they can with them.

Dangerous Genius

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Blowing North Korea to nothing but a massive hole is not a bad idea..
falcoperegrinus23
Blowing North Korea to nothing but a massive hole is not a bad idea..

North Korea is an entire country and the people are already living in post apocalyptic conditions. While a handful of large buildings would be destroyed and their capacity to produce crops and clean water would decrease slightly (since they barely know how to do that already), it is also true that hundreds of thousands of troops, or Millions of Americans could be killed with only a handful of nuclear weapons used in a preemptive strike.
Demyan The Devil
BRB, building nuclear bunker.

No your not
Our buddies over in south Korea are not stupid defenseless lambs waiting for slaughter, They have uncle sams little soldiers to protect them, and one or two of our sweet middle take down lasers hopefully, But nk could go either way, they could fight and maybe make us waste a couple million on bombs to blow there asses straight back to kimmy himself, or we can just lame it out like its cross tekken, and watch as nk runs through its resources and juts falls apart from the inside
Josh ButterBalls PRO
Our buddies over in south Korea are not stupid defenseless lambs waiting for slaughter, They have uncle sams little soldiers to protect them, and one or two of our sweet middle take down lasers hopefully, But nk could go either way, they could fight and maybe make us waste a couple million on bombs to blow there asses straight back to kimmy himself, or we can just lame it out like its cross tekken, and watch as nk runs through its resources and juts falls apart from the inside

smuggling atomic weapons far enough to do bad things is amazingly easy for a whole country to accomplish. For example, NK could fire several conventional missiles and in the middle of the conventional warheads, fire one actual nuclear warhead across the border. They could send some dude through tunnels or come in through the sea. They could send 10,000 dudes with grenades toward the fences and dog pile one area expecting 99% fatalities but in the midst send a heavily armored tank squadron through with one mystery nuke in one of many vehicles. When you are dealing with lemmings, there is a limit to how much you can resist in a short period of time. The problem is, even if you can eventually kill all of them, and shoot down a total number of missiles, planes, tanks, etc., the question is, can you destroy all of them in such a short time as to prevent that one straggler from getting through and going boom? I think we have learned from Vietnam and Afghanistan. The answer is no.

Greedy Fatcat

User Image

Its simple, we kill the Rodman
(sorry if this has already been posted)

Distinct Seeker

A south korean businessman/pastor visited my school and told us that if north korea attack u.s with missles, they (south korea) will shoot them down. He also said if there is war, it will only last 5 to 7 days.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Ya know, chemical weapons have gotten a bad rap of late and I think North Korea is just the place to demonstrate their usefulness.

Headlock Hero
User Image

Wat?

Greedy Fatcat

Josh ButterBalls PRO
Headlock Hero
User Image

Wat?

North Korea is actually huge fans of basket ball.
Dennis Rodman and the Globetrotters often go there.
Mind blown?

Barton Elder

How could we ever hope to fight a foe this formidable?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff