Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/north-korea-issues-unusually-specific-threat-152720861.html

ok, so you've probably heard Iran just traded our drone to China in exchange for some sort of gift basket, but have you also heard that North Korea made a direct declaration of Attack against Seoul Korea? I've been there, it has nice comics and decent candy. I wouldn't want to see it carpet bombed or nuked or whatever it is North Korea is planning on doing. One thing is certain, they sound pissed and are probably going to start a storm, and then we will get drug into it at the same time China gets drug into it and it will be too many layers of bad to elaborate.

If we are lucky this is a hoax or empty threat, but I get the feeling it isn't. Mainly because they just got horribly mocked by the world press when their missile test failed, and about the same time India (I believe) started bragging about entering the global nuclear theater with extended range rockets.

here's the notes from Associated Press.
Quote:

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea promised Monday to reduce South Korea's conservative government "to ashes" in less than four minutes, in an unusually specific escalation of recent threats aimed at its southern rival.

The statement by North Korea's military, carried by state media, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula. Both Koreas recently unveiled new missiles, and the North tried unsuccessfully to launch a long-range rocket earlier this month.

The growing animosity has prompted worries that North Korea may conduct a nuclear test — something it did after rocket launches in 2006 and 2009. South Korean intelligence officials say recent satellite images show the North has been digging a new tunnel in what appears to be preparation for a third atomic test.

North Korea's military vowed in its statement to begin "special actions" soon against the government and conservative media companies that would "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."

North Korea regularly criticizes Seoul and just last week renewed its promise to wage a "sacred war," saying South Korean President Lee Myung-bak had insulted the North's April 15 celebrations of the birth centennial of national founder Kim Il Sung.

I'm asserting somethings amiss because of the relative media blackout on the issue.
Sure, why not?

Tipsy Prophet

We'd ******** up Korea's Northern brethren in a second. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about them. I'd worry about their allies though.

Fanatical Zealot

Yeah, sounds good.

Just a good old traditional bio nuclear war.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
BRB, building nuclear bunker.

Beloved Lunatic

We should leave South Korea to fend for themselves and just let North Korea show everyone the great extent of their impotence when they still accomplish nothing.
North Korea is always threatening South Korea and various other countries. They are this tiny little country with leaders who look like your stereotypical chubby asian nerd... and if they did anything, there'd be how many countries after its a**?

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Bob and Others
We should leave South Korea to fend for themselves and just let North Korea show everyone the great extent of their impotence when they still accomplish nothing.

If there wasn't the problem of their allies I'd advocate for carpet bombing the s**t out of North Korea just to show them how impotent they truly are. *Shrugs* Either way things will work out somehow. I just hope they don't work out through nuclear warfare.
China will not help North Korea if the US gets involved. Already there is a strong bond between the US and China. If they had to chose between the US and North Korea, then they would go for the goose that lays the golden egg.
The rose in spring
China will not help North Korea if the US gets involved. Already there is a strong bond between the US and China. If they had to chose between the US and North Korea, then they would go for the goose that lays the golden egg.

Agreed. The only reason the Chinese even care about North Korea at this point, is because China doesn't want civil unrest in that part of the country. If war were to break out, not only would China go where the money is, they'd also choose the quickest way to quell civil unrest which means let the south win, if not actively assisting them.
The rose in spring

While until now North Korea has excelled in making threats that they don't really follow through, this one sounds strangely.... aggressive. More so than usual. We will see.

As for China taking sides, that is a prickly issue. I doubt they would complicity aide the North in destroying one of their big economic partners, destabilizing the region and alienating the U.S and sabotaging the growing trade / agreements / alliances with the western world, simply because ******** you....

At the same time, they have recently reaffirmed commitments to NK. However, perhaps they did not expect the mouse to roar, if you would.

It seems North Korea is making a fatal error, if they follow through on this threat. Let's say they have gotten their hands on a nuclear weapon and that long range missile they displayed is legit. It seems old North Korea has become a Cold Warrior without understanding how that works.

They have gotten a Nuke and an ICBM and believe that they are untouchable, and breaking proper nuke policy, intend to act on that, i.e threaten South Korea, beliving that the ICBM means nobody can attack them with Nukes.

Wrong. Fatally wrong.

It shows the great fallacy in their thinking.

HAHAHA! WE SHALL REDUCE THE SOUTH TO ASHES MWAHAHA!

And what will the US forces sprinkled ALL OVER the region do then, do you think?

Their mindset as a whole reminds me of a great joke on the Daily Show. "We've got guns too, you know." Whenever NK or their supporters abroad speak of their Missile/Nuke capabilities, you would almost think they believe that nobody else in the entire world has them. "Nuclear weapons are not the monopoly of the US" No, but they sure have a whole ******** of them. You will destroy South Korea, eh? Ok. America carpet bombs/rockets the s**t out of you. You retaliate in any way or China gets involved? Congratulations, you have just started WWIII and you have the great honour of being Belgium. Enjoy. Hopefully your glorious revolutionary war of final victory is worth it.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be surprised if this amounts to anything more than another border Skirmish.

We'll see.

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
North Korea is threatening war again? Well don't they do that like once a month at least?

Though I'm still of the mind that we need to make South Korea an island.

Business Trader

Michael Noire
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/north-korea-issues-unusually-specific-threat-152720861.html

ok, so you've probably heard Iran just traded our drone to China in exchange for some sort of gift basket, but have you also heard that North Korea made a direct declaration of Attack against Seoul Korea? I've been there, it has nice co biggrin mics and decent candy. I wouldn't want to see it carpet bombed or nuked or whatever it is North Korea is planning on doing. One thing is certain, they sound pissed and are probably going to start a storm, and then we will get drug into it at the same time China gets drug into it and it will be too many layers of bad to elaborate.

If we are lucky this is a hoax or empty threat, but I get the feeling it isn't. Mainly because they just got horribly mocked by the world press when their missile test failed, and about the same time India (I believe) started bragging about entering the global nuclear theater with extended range rockets.

here's the notes from Associated Press.
Quote:

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea promised Monday to reduce South Korea's conservative government "to ashes" in less than four minutes, in an unusually specific escalation of recent threats aimed at its southern rival.

The statement by North Korea's military, carried by state media, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula. Both Koreas recently unveiled new missiles, and the North tried unsuccessfully to launch a long-range rocket earlier this month.

The growing animosity has prompted worries that North Korea may conduct a nuclear test — something it did after rocket launches in 2006 and 2009. South Korean intelligence officials say recent satellite images show the North has been digging a new tunnel in what appears to be preparation for a third atomic test.

North Korea's military vowed in its statement to begin "special actions" soon against the government and conservative media companies that would "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."

North Korea regularly criticizes Seoul and just last week renewed its promise to wage a "sacred war," saying South Korean President Lee Myung-bak had insulted the North's April 15 celebrations of the birth centennial of national founder Kim Il Sung.

I'm asserting somethings amiss because of the relative media blackout on the issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff