Welcome to Gaia! ::

*( )

So they made this movie right, Clint ******** Eastwood had something to do with it, and, I dunno if he wrote it or what but, apparently it's really his kind of thing, some real cowboys and indians s**t where the heroes eat gold and s**t rainbows and the villains torture children to death with a drill. I'm not kidding he actually does that.

No, so, this movie's called American Sniper and there's a lot of bullshit going around about it because basically we were the bad guys in this part of the world, basically this movie is like, if President Bush were telling the story except he would have to be actually good at story telling. At least from what bullshit I've heard, anyway. That's what they say. You know, them, the other guys, those people out there, the ******** with enough money to buy the means of broadcast and promote their stuff and s**t like that.

But you know how those guys like to stir up s**t to make money, so, who knows. Might not be actually like that.

Anyway, point of what I was trying to say was/tldr, if this movie is so bullshit that it gets people to realize that how they probably see that war as is bullshit too, because you can't, you literally can't help it, they don't show you what really happens. I know they don't. Only Michael Moore, that greasy fat smarmy ******** who I don't even personally like as one human being to another, (he is a smug ******** when he's right and he's always right) it took Michael ******** Moore to show me this s**t man. Michael Moore was the only one who was going to be like, you know what, ******** that, I'm going to show you a dead child with his arms and legs blown off and his mom crying and s**t and saying that everyone's dead, whole family dead, house dead, dog dead, man, it took a man named Michael more to say ******** YOU AMERICA LOOK AT IT
LOOK AT IT MOTHERFUCEKRS YOU LOOK
LOOK WHAT YOU DID

so I give him that much respect although I hope he died a little watching that footage just as I did.

But yeah, Iraq was ******** up man, and they didn't even show you about most of the s**t they did. America was in there, like, we didn't know what the ******** was going on, we were in a bad situation, our people got ******** spooked, we bombed a civilized nation for ******** sake, bombed cities, towns, entire villages with just massive ******** explosions, and yeah we killed a lot of innocent people. People shot anything that moved, man. Anything that moved.

I saw a guy say that on that one movie I was sayin' about, that he had shot anything that moved. Then a guy said to me in jail one time, that, once, almost everyone got wiped out in his platoon by a bomb, and, he just jumped into a bus and shot everything that moved. Him and the CO were the last ones left.

Dapper Reveler

I haven't seen it yet, but I also like things associated with Clint Eastwood.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ehhh.

Except Chris Kyle wrote this book himself before was killed, right? And the book was different from the movie.

In the book, he's not a crying little b***h, he's a ******** Navy Seal. And I don't think people understand that if you're going to have a guy that you're paying to kill people, that's exactly the guy you want- a heartless, scary dude.

And did he come home and kill people? No, he compartmentalized that s**t. He was hardcore.

But the movie makes him into some crying little b***h. Which is entirely different than his autobiography.

I can't really get behind it.
Hell Rides With GSK
far_river_arms_section_vi
*( )

So they made this movie right, Clint ******** Eastwood had something to do with it, and, I dunno if he wrote it or what but, apparently it's really his kind of thing, some real cowboys and indians s**t where the heroes eat gold and s**t rainbows and the villains torture children to death with a drill. I'm not kidding he actually does that.

Unforgiven and Letters from Iwo Jima would like a word with you on that.

It probably wouldn't be in the interests of national security to tell the real story.

Whereas, you know, back in the day s**t has already been picked apart by historians because of how old it was.

So really the difference is, people would KNOW if Iwo Jima and whatever that other s**t is was historically innacurate versus Iraq where the average person really don't know how bad s**t got.
Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

Except Chris Kyle wrote this book himself before was killed, right? And the book was different from the movie.

In the book, he's not a crying little b***h, he's a ******** Navy Seal. And I don't think people understand that if you're going to have a guy that you're paying to kill people, that's exactly the guy you want- a heartless, scary dude.

And did he come home and kill people? No, he compartmentalized that s**t. He was hardcore.

But the movie makes him into some crying little b***h. Which is entirely different than his autobiography.

It sounds like they should have just left this man's name out of it, I mean now America will remember Chris Kyle as a crying little b***h and Chris Kyle will be looking down on theaters everywhere like pfft I never cried once you ******** pussies

Hygienic Noob

Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

It sounds like they should have just left this man's name out of it, I mean now America will remember Chris Kyle as a crying little b***h and Chris Kyle will be looking down on theaters everywhere like pfft I never cried once you ******** pussies

Yeah, but a guy that has no remorse or feelings for killing non-combatants or even people in general doesn't really go over well with most people. If they presented him as he was, people would think he was a monster, because they can't fathom having to kill someone and then be able to sleep well at night. He could have been heartless and cold, and that's why his marriage was in the drain when he died. But that doesn't make a very compelling and interesting movie plot, and it's seen as disrespectful to paint a soldier up as a heartless killer.

Personally, I think he was a guy following orders. It makes him a good at his job, but it doesn't make him a hero. There's lots of bad a** soldiers out there that have gunned down "the enemy" in large quantities.

Just enjoy the movie for what it is. A movie.
Tigress Dawn
Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

Yeah, but a guy that has no remorse or feelings for killing non-combatants or even people in general doesn't really go over well with most people. If they presented him as he was, people would think he was a monster, because they can't fathom having to kill someone and then be able to sleep well at night. He could have been heartless and cold, and that's why his marriage was in the drain when he died. But that doesn't make a very compelling and interesting movie plot, and it's seen as disrespectful to paint a soldier up as a heartless killer.

Personally, I think he was a guy following orders. It makes him a good at his job, but it doesn't make him a hero. There's lots of bad a** soldiers out there that have gunned down "the enemy" in large quantities.

I don't wanna watch it anymore. Given the choices I've got, I think I'll just sit back.

It's a shame that nobody seems to value telling the truth. The truth is never disrespectful.
It just highlights ******** that happened.

Hygienic Noob

Tigress Dawn
Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

I don't wanna watch it anymore. Given the choices I've got, I think I'll just sit back.

It's a shame that nobody seems to value telling the truth. The truth is never disrespectful.
It just highlights ******** that happened.

Watching a guy kill people isn't really my thing either. He did what he was suppose to, and I don't fault him in any way for it. But I don't think he's worthy of being glorified for it either.

On a personal note, Clint Eastwood makes movies that are depressing as ********. Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino. crying

But, you forget America's culture of "all soldiers are heroes who can do no wrong". The truth wouldn't go over well with most audiences, and it wouldn't make much money.
Tigress Dawn

But, you forget America's culture of "all soldiers are heroes who can do no wrong". The truth wouldn't go over well with most audiences, and it wouldn't make much money.

It's a dangerous culture. it's disrespectful to those who've seen the worst of it, it's a blatant lie, it's wrong, it's ******** up, and let's end it now please

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

I don't think the movie should have been made. But it's about money, I get that. His wife sold the rights, and Clint Eastwood did what he wanted to do with it.

But it makes the Seals look like s**t, it makes Chris Kyle look like a b***h, just all around it's no good.

But it's a money maker. What can you do?

Fanatical Zealot

Fanatical Zealot

Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

A lot of people these days seem to equate being bad a** with being heartless or evil, when really it's usually the opposite. Most people, especially the best warriors, don't really want to kill, they only kill if they feel it's necessary or it's justified. If you're heartless and selfish, you don't really have much a motivation to risk your life for at best a decent salary, when you could utilize the same skill set to say, work for the Cartels, or some other criminal organization that makes millions, instead of if you're lucky, under 100,000 dollars a year, with taxes.

It's not that they don't feel for other people, it's that they realize what they're doing is right, or they believe it is. If they just want to kill a lot of random people, they could drop bombs or nuke the place, there's no reason to send in a sniper, who at best, gets 1 kill per one shot, and usually it's like 2-5 shots, of sniper ammunition. They still typically carry an M4 or back up weapon, and in general there's only about 1 enemy causality with every 300-3000 rounds fired from those weapons.

A good soldier understands his enemy, either to be able to make a deal with them when the time comes, or anticipate their actions. They don't leave their own people to die, and the average sniper works with at least a spotter, and usually they operate in teams of six. You have to be motivated to save your own teammates, and innocent people when the time comes (snipers that can say, shoot a gun, or just a bad guy when surrounded with human shields, are far more prized, since it's a far more difficult scenario than just killing everyone).

I suppose, that's the side the movie was trying to show. I've never seen it, and I've heard from a lot of sources it was kind of bad, though; also, my dad really liked the book, but I've never read it. Kind of sad he died, though D:

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Shark Bacon
Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

I don't think the movie should have been made. But it's about money, I get that. His wife sold the rights, and Clint Eastwood did what he wanted to do with it.

But it makes the Seals look like s**t, it makes Chris Kyle look like a b***h, just all around it's no good.

But it's a money maker. What can you do?

Boycott.

Conservative Regular

Shark Bacon
Ehhh.

Don't think it is in the book he states that he like his job and was the best thing in the world to do and lost no sleep over killing combatants and found it well fun but all the times he cocked up/made mistakes too slow or whatever and got people killed/wounded ******** him up mentally.

him helping veterans in the first place was coping mechanism for the above.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff