Welcome to Gaia! ::

Keltoi Samurai
Captain Verd
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Haha Coffee
No because he's not a Doctor.

God can kill or create anything he likes, it's one of the virtues of being God.

Most Christians will claim that "human beings" should not be able to make that decision in this instance.

Which really negates the idea that humans are given choice to follow the advice of God or not if other people decide that choice should not be extended.
If God knows what you're going to do, from now until the day you die, is there really choice at all? Or does he just know the infinite possibilities you COULD have or see? If the latter, does that mean he doesn't know exactly what's going to happen to you? Does that make him not God, or just fallible?

I saw a web-comic explains this argument all-too well:

Such]http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2292
Such a good comic.
Captain Verd
Keltoi Samurai
Captain Verd
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Haha Coffee

Most Christians will claim that "human beings" should not be able to make that decision in this instance.

Which really negates the idea that humans are given choice to follow the advice of God or not if other people decide that choice should not be extended.
If God knows what you're going to do, from now until the day you die, is there really choice at all? Or does he just know the infinite possibilities you COULD have or see? If the latter, does that mean he doesn't know exactly what's going to happen to you? Does that make him not God, or just fallible?

Such a good comic.

Ehh, it is in logical error.
So's your face.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Captain Verd
What they failed to consider is that, if God really did not want these eggs to die, he wouldn't make them leak out of vaginal areas every month. If he was so pro-life that he thought a baby was a baby when it was an egg, he wouldn't make it detach from the wall of ze uterus and head towards the light.

Well, nobody ever said religious people were rational.

I think.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
God is more of an abusive boyfriend. You generally go and ask an abortion doctor. God comes in and is like "I don't want you to have a baby, so BAM!"

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Willow Of Darkness
Captain Verd
Keltoi Samurai
Captain Verd
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Haha Coffee

Such a good comic.

Ehh, it is in logical error.

^The above statement sums up the concept of theism.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PTFO-Gurosin
There is a lady in the guvment that wants to make masturbation illegal.

The bill was probably put up as a sarcastic jab at anti-abortion legislation.

Aged Member

The Herald of Death
PTFO-Gurosin
There is a lady in the guvment that wants to make masturbation illegal.

The bill was probably put up as a sarcastic jab at anti-abortion legislation.

Unfortunately the lady is serious, and the bill is still being debated.
Sorry your thread titale made me think of:

Xiam
Captain Verd
What they failed to consider is that, if God really did not want these eggs to die, he wouldn't make them leak out of vaginal areas every month. If he was so pro-life that he thought a baby was a baby when it was an egg, he wouldn't make it detach from the wall of ze uterus and head towards the light.

Well, nobody ever said religious people were rational.

I think.
Oh god, did they? How embarrassing.
God could also be said to be an abortionist without this silly Arizona nonsense, due to the presence of miscarriages in reality.
Robot Macai
God could also be said to be an abortionist without this silly Arizona nonsense, due to the presence of miscarriages in reality.
Yes well, he's kind of a putz, isn't he?

Friendly Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Congress took this issue the totally ******** wrong way.
First we should of defined life, then when life starts.

1. Life starts at conception/before conception
-----There is nobody home at this time, no consciousness or even a self-awareness.
--------The sperm cell/embryo is a plant until five weeks, when it develops brain activity.
-------------The people who defined life at conception or before conception are now murderers because I'm sure they have stepped on grass and bugs once in their life.

2. Life starts at consciousness.

Take a step back, what defines consciousness? A soul, or mental self-awareness?
I say mental self-awareness.
What defines mental self-awareness?
Brain activity.
The baby doesnt need a soul to have brain activity, just wanted to emphasize that.
Honestly, it disgusts me that people place the "life" of these eggs over the lives of women. But they should have to pay for their life choices with death, mental scarring, mutilated genitals, infections, etc., right?

Ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces