Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Lucky~9~Lives
They only have to offend our government or members of our state to do that, not everyone and everything.

Everyone and everything makes up our states.
CuAnnan
Lucky~9~Lives
They only have to offend our government or members of our state to do that, not everyone and everything.

Well that escalated quickly.
- ninja

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Lucky~9~Lives
CuAnnan
Lucky~9~Lives

Well that escalated quickly.
- ninja

Just like last night.
Well that was dumb rolleyes

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Lady Kariel

So's your face
There's been a lot of fair-weather friending of Charlie Hebdo since these attacks, but let's not kid ourselves and put on bullshit "Je Suis Charlie" airs. A few years ago, one of their cartoonists, Siné was fired for drawing an anti-Jewish cartoon mocking Sarkozy's son (who is not even a Jew).

Oh, and what's going on in France right now? The comedian Dieudonné is in hot water - by which I mean he was arrested - for mocking the world leaders march in Paris by saying, "As for me, I feel I am Charlie Coulibaly", which was a reference to Amedy Coulibaly, the dead hostage-taker at that kosher store.

Not only that 54, ******** have been arrested in France for also "defending or glorifying terrorism" in Facebook posts, Twitter etc. A French Jewish leader, Roger Cukierman argues that Twitter should have yanked the posts saying, “How can we accept that Twitter is accepting such messages, they are collaborating with criminals. It should be subject to penal law".

Magical Girl

The20
Chahklet
Why is it ao important to offend people?
It's a satire magazine. Offending everyone and everything is their job.
Satire punches up, not down.

Exploitative humor is not satire, as much as Family Guy tried to convince people.
CuAnnan
Lady Kariel

So's your face

plz b curtius and respektful to other gaians with ur comments. I don't want 2 c more negtivity spreading around here ty

-bogosghost

OG GO

Weretindere
far_river_arms_section_vi
Hell Rides With GSK
Good. They've shown more balls in standing up to these wastes of life than a lot of US media have.

Showing balls is shooting back, not creating a situation which causes other people to have to step in for you.

Or did you mean the shooters? Because they did show a lot of balls, standing up to shoot like that.

Tony Reagan Washington
Good. Theyre showing they aren't afraid.

You know sometimes it's okay to be afraid, like right after you just got made an example of.

u redy fer wor m7? 1v1 me desert_map.wad
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Frackin camel spiders are scary as s**t. I read a thing about a soldiers waking up with one having feasted on the majority of his leg over night, the toxin it uses completely numbed the chewing. emotion_donotwant

Lets hope the terrorists don't start using these as part of their act eh.. neutral

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
far_river_arms_section_vi
Hell Rides With GSK
Good. They've shown more balls in standing up to these wastes of life than a lot of US media have.

Showing balls is shooting back, not creating a situation which causes other people to have to step in for you.

Or did you mean the shooters? Because they did show a lot of balls, standing up to shoot like that.

Tony Reagan Washington
Good. Theyre showing they aren't afraid.

You know sometimes it's okay to be afraid, like right after you just got made an example of.
Right, because the best way to stand up to terrorists is to cave in and give them what they want.....
HMS Thunder Child
The20
Chahklet

Exploitative humor is not satire, as much as Family Guy tried to convince people.
Those extremists are working very hard to become the "up".

Conservative Regular

HMS Thunder Child
The20
Chahklet

So how is the Catholic Church/Islam/French Government not up?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
HMS Thunder Child
The20
Chahklet

Wrong.
Satire punches everywhere.
Like the magazine in question.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
bogosghost1
CuAnnan
Lady Kariel

So's your face

plz b curtius and respektful to other gaians with ur comments. I don't want 2 c more negtivity spreading around here ty

-bogosghost

No.

Magical Girl

CuAnnan
HMS Thunder Child
The20
Chahklet

Wrong.
Satire punches everywhere.
Like the magazine in question.
It seems senseless to mock and ridicule those who are already mocked and ridiculed by society, no?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff