Welcome to Gaia! ::

OG GO

Just a neat little cartoon expressing current events, even though it was produced nearly 50 years ago we clearly see the fears expressed in it being portrayed in modern instances.

Discuss.

- Would you sign away your freedom for false security?
- What makes you free?
-Can all the race/gender/title wars in amongst ourselves come to an end?

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Would you sign away your freedom for false security?

No. No sane person would.

What makes you free?
What it means to be free is different for many. For me, its the ability to own land, to farm that land, and to provide for my family from that land. It is the ability to defend myself against others who would come to harm me, or my family. It is the ability to speak out against my government (be it local, or federal) when I disagree with them. So on and so forth. There are less obvious things that make me free, but what I have mentioned here gives you a good idea.

Can all the race/gender/title wars in amongst ourselves come to an end?

That depends on how different people want those wars to end.

With the race war, you have one side which I represent that wishes to live in harmony with other races, but do not wish to further mongrelize our race and culture by mixing with other races and cultures. Some people take this as a purely pro-white view, but I assure you it works both ways. There are both blacks and Asians that share the same view. Here is a good cartoon. We should not celebrate how we are the same, but how we are different.

Then, you have those who also wish to live in harmony, but call for more of this "diversity". In other words, they wish for the mixed race, "multiculturalist" society.

Since the two ideologies differ so much, I don't see much progress being made anytime soon.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Raginmund Brigir
With the race war, you have one side which I represent that wishes to live in harmony with other races, but do not wish to further mongrelize our race and culture by mixing with other races and cultures. Some people take this as a purely pro-white view, but I assure you it works both ways. There are both blacks and Asians that share the same view. Here is a good cartoon. We should not celebrate how we are the same, but how we are different.

Then, you have those who also wish to live in harmony, but call for more of this "diversity". In other words, they wish for the mixed race, "multiculturalist" society.

Those are not the two sides to the race war.
You have the assholes with guns and power who want slaves.
And you have the freedom loving humanitarians who want peace.

See, false dichotomies don't actually add anything to the conversation. They just make your bigotry and biases really obvious.
You do not know true freedom unless you are Mel Gibson.

OG GO

Raginmund Brigir
Would you sign away your freedom for false security?

No. No sane person would.

What makes you free?
What it means to be free is different for many. For me, its the ability to own land, to farm that land, and to provide for my family from that land. It is the ability to defend myself against others who would come to harm me, or my family. It is the ability to speak out against my government (be it local, or federal) when I disagree with them. So on and so forth. There are less obvious things that make me free, but what I have mentioned here gives you a good idea.

Can all the race/gender/title wars in amongst ourselves come to an end?

That depends on how different people want those wars to end.

Since the two ideologies differ so much, I don't see much progress being made anytime soon.

Good views, thank you for commenting.

By title war, I am referring to classifying a person by how much monetary income they earn/can spend.

Rich vs poor mentality.

OG GO

CuAnnan
Raginmund Brigir

Those are not the two sides to the race war.
You have the assholes with guns and power who want slaves.
And you have the freedom loving humanitarians who want peace.

See, false dichotomies don't actually add anything to the conversation. They just make your bigotry and biases really obvious.
What sides are there to race war. Color vs color / culture vs culture / Human vs dehumanized / other?

What are ways we can combat this for a better tomorrow that seem possible today?

OG GO

Senator Armstrong
You do not know true freedom unless you are Mel Gibson.
Teach me how?
or is he just born with it.
I lol-ed at this emotion_brofist

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Damien_Hargreaves

- What makes you free?

arrow We do on a daily basis.
arrow Not much, really.
arrow I don't see an end to them.

OG GO

GayAndGodlessVegan
Damien_Hargreaves

- What makes you free?

arrow Not much, really.

By which means do you sign away your individual freedom to obtain security.
What are ways around it. What freedoms are you loosing?

What would make you free, in your own opinion?

If you could, how would you end any of them?

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Damien_Hargreaves
GayAndGodlessVegan
Damien_Hargreaves

- What makes you free?

arrow Not much, really.

By which means do you sign away your individual freedom to obtain security.
What are ways around it. What freedoms are you loosing?

What would make you free, in your own opinion?

If you could, how would you end any of them?

arrow By being property of a government and working under its regulations and statutes.
arrow I am losing my freedom to criticise and/or dismantle an establishment I regard as corrosive and destructive.
arrow The only thing that can make us truly free is non-existence, but as far as life goes, I think anarchism would.
arrow By atoning for crimes committed by one group towards another and acknowledging our participation in systems of oppression as well as a culture of disadvantage and societal inequality.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Damien_Hargreaves
What sides are there to race war.

That would depend entirely on who you ask. Because human beings factionalise.

Damien_Hargreaves
What are ways we can combat this for a better tomorrow that seem possible today?

There are none.
Individuals may be good. Groups may not.
there are two races. rich empowered, and poor.

Some people think they are the first group, but they either lack power or wealth. These people are usually puppets or lemmings or the ignorant who do not realize how vulnerable they are until they attempt to exercise either wealth or power and realize they lack one of the two. For example, a CEO of a large finance company might be fired and lose everything for trying to take the company jet to some tropical island with a prostitute. A politician may find themselves at the head of many armed and suited officials, but unable to get anything done because the budget requests exceed their available balance so the local armed forces they control, and the regulators all ignore their demands.

Now, while people have different ancestral chains and skin colors, at the end of the day, we are all the same race. Most of us are exploited humans. The tiny remainder are those attempting to simultaneously soothe and control us. They recognize that we are easily exploitable and will do things for basically pocket lint, if that pocket lint is called money and a television/internet/phone commercial tells us to value it, even though it may have no intrinsic value or itself may be of "value" in the sense that in the early 20th century, ha-pennies were considered valuable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_cent_%28United_States_coin%29

now, here's the thing. If someone held a half cent in one hand, and said 'this is what i will pay you per day for your 8+ hours of labor' and in the other hand held a contract that said 'cheapest house in town, 100,000 dollars' and said 'be sure to sign a contract for this house, you will need a place to live, but don't worry, We can consider it a loan with interest, you'll pay it off eventually'

What would you do?

See, when the extremes are made obvious and you realize it will take 200 days to earn a dollar, and over 50 millennia to pay off, not counting interest, you might think the contract pay ratio both foolish and intended to incite your wrath.

But squeeze the numbers closer together, make the currency values bigger, and the interest rates higher, and despite still being a foolish social contract, you sign on. Why? Because Con Artists are in charge of society, and their entire business model is based on screwing you.
Quote:

Of course not, but then again, some people have some funny definitions of "Freedom".

Quote:
- What makes you free?

My own willingness and ability to enforce my choices.

Quote:

Doubtful, but we can contain the damage and marginalize the rabble rousers.
Michael Noire

now, here's the thing. If someone held a half cent in one hand, and said 'this is what i will pay you per day for your 8+ hours of labor' and in the other hand held a contract that said 'cheapest house in town, 100,000 dollars' and said 'be sure to sign a contract for this house, you will need a place to live, but don't worry, We can consider it a loan with interest, you'll pay it off eventually'

What would you do?

Also don't forget that NOT buying that house will get you labelled a bum/vagrant/hippie and make you unhirable or at least undesirable to the job market.

They get you coming and going.
Raginmund Brigir

We should not celebrate how we are the same, but how we are different.

Celebrate it, but punish those who get too close to one another? That's a strange celebration.

Scratch that, it's not celebration at all, it's just watered down hatred.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff