Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Sage

Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept
I call bias where bias exists. More then anything else, Fox news isn't even about bias, it's about using propaganda to push a political agenda. Yes, other media outlets may slant a story some and bias it, but Fox openly and willfully pushes it's agenda through bias. No other news media does this.

Most news media does this, Fox News is just the one you disagree with most.
Fox News does this with every piece of information they put out.
No, they do it with several, and they fact that they are bad at hiding it makes those particular times stand out far more than the times when they have no reason to put a political spin on the information they are letting out.

Witty Genius

8,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept
I call bias where bias exists. More then anything else, Fox news isn't even about bias, it's about using propaganda to push a political agenda. Yes, other media outlets may slant a story some and bias it, but Fox openly and willfully pushes it's agenda through bias. No other news media does this.

No, they do it with several, and they fact that they are bad at hiding it makes those particular times stand out far more than the times when they have no reason to put a political spin on the information they are letting out.
Perhaps, but when every single story Fox airs is aimed at pushing the agenda of a political party......
Steam Punk Adept

I'm gonna have to ask you for proof of this.

Obsessive Sage

Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Perhaps, but when every single story Fox news channels airs is aimed at pushing the agenda of a political party......
FTFY

Witty Genius

8,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Perhaps, but when every single story Fox news channels airs is aimed at pushing the agenda of a political party......
FTFY
Corrected again. But since you seem to think I'm incorrect, please prove it. I'd like to see a non-biased source that other media outlets are as biased as Fox, and push agendas on the same scale.

Witty Genius

8,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

I've posted my proof in the first post. You've yet to post a refutation.
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Perhaps, but when every single story Fox airs is aimed at pushing the agenda of a political party......

I'm curious...do you even watch Fox News?

Obsessive Sage

Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
FTFY
Corrected again. But since you seem to think I'm incorrect, please prove it. I'd like to see a non-biased source that other media outlets are as biased as Fox, and push agendas on the same scale.
Define pushing an agenda. What kind of agenda, political, moral, or ethical? All media sources push a moral or ethical stance, even when unbiased towards politics (which is rare)

Witty Genius

8,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
tuxkatz6
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

At least twice a week.

Witty Genius

8,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept
FTFY
Define pushing an agenda. What kind of agenda, political, moral, or ethical? All media sources push a moral or ethical stance, even when unbiased towards politics (which is rare)
In the case of Fox, it's all 3
Steam Punk Adept

Oh, you're one of those ED regulars. Impossible to have a conversation with, instead we much trade artillery barrages and wait until the smoke clears before deciding what to do next. Fine.

I am failing to see where exactly you show that every story and every piece of information on Fox is designed to push some agenda.
Steam Punk Adept
tuxkatz6
Steam Punk Adept
False Dichotomy
Steam Punk Adept

At least twice a week.

I doubt that, but okay. If you say so.

Are you talking about the shows like Hannity and Huckabee or the actual news reporting? The former is analysis of the news and the latter is actual reporting. The former is also obviously biased - as it is meant to be.

I've not seen the actual news reporting to have this supposed slant though (but I will admit that I can't watch FNC unless I'm at my parents' house because I can't afford cable).
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Here's an article saying FNC isn't biased. Yes, it's an opinion piece, but it's got the same credibility as what you posted really.

Liberal Warlord

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Obsessive Sage

tuxkatz6
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Here's an article saying FNC isn't biased. Yes, it's an opinion piece, but it's got the same credibility as what you posted really.
Fox news is irrefutably biased. They are quite easy to catch on it. Other news channels have their own biases, but they are typically less... dishonest about them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games