Welcome to Gaia! ::

hahahalolwut

well, right now you are obligated to pay for welfare. that might change in the future, sure.

Legally, not morally. And there are always ways around the law . . . 4laugh kidding

Where Pretty Lies Perish

if the system worked that way, nothing would be funded. this is how the world works. dealwithit.gif

Not with anarchism emo

Where Pretty Lies Perish

i'm surprised you can type coherently through all dat straw

Where's the straw? Do you deny that some people argue for free access to contraception (& abortion) as though it were a right?
Andy Worhal
i think that the only reason i can stomach this bullshit is because, i just was traumatized by the stupidest episode of family guy i ever saw my whole life
How is it bullshit?
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel
i, too, enjoy founding arguments on the basis of things i made up.
To what, specifically, are you referring?

you
Where have I done said indiscretion?

anyone with a passing familiarty of feminism should know that literally everything you said is misinformed if not a flat out lie.
Give me one example of something I am misinformed or lying about.
Where Pretty Lies Perish
hahahalolwut

Where's the straw? Do you deny that some people argue for free access to contraception (& abortion) as though it were a right?

sure, why not.

my understanding is that it is a good idea, and there are other things we fund because they are good ideas, and this is at least as good an idea as those other good ideas, so it too should be funded

not "free s**t is my right! rasanlkanfknasknflknsalf"
Where Pretty Lies Perish
Andy Worhal
i think that the only reason i can stomach this bullshit is because, i just was traumatized by the stupidest episode of family guy i ever saw my whole life
How is it bullshit?
honestly, because you're not saying what i want to hear

the title was misleading
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel

you

anyone with a passing familiarty of feminism should know that literally everything you said is misinformed if not a flat out lie.

off the top of my head: your part about a two-tiered justice system. it is at worst a deliberate lie, at best a sad misconception.
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
Yoshpet
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel

I think he's suggesting your OP is a giant straw man fallacy. I'm not sure what the etiquette is for attributing characteristics to groups in debate. Perhaps he expects you to cite examples of your claims for each?
Oh.

Not worth my time. The specific groups as I defined them are obviously conjecture, as is always the case in these matters. Each point I mentioned is a sufficiently well-known characteristic of certain feminists to anyone who isn't retarded.

except it isn't. you have done nothing to show this. what do we do, just take your word for it?

i have trouble giving liars the benfit of the doubt.
Ok . . .
So you deny that some feminists support affirmative action for women?

You deny that some portray women as victims?

If you deny the bullying one, see Gawker et al.

You deny that some feminists support hate crime laws?

You deny some support hate speech laws?

You deny that they expect society to pay for birth control?

If I'm so off base with everything I said, give at least one specific claim I made that you object to, and we'll go from there.
We Do Not Kneel
off the top of my head: your part about a two-tiered justice system. it is at worst a deliberate lie, at best a sad misconception.

where hate-crime legislation would create a situation where man-on-woman murder is punished harder than woman-on-woman murder, do you not agree that this is a two-tiered justice system?
Yoshpet
Where Pretty Lies Perish
Yoshpet
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel

I think he's suggesting your OP is a giant straw man fallacy. I'm not sure what the etiquette is for attributing characteristics to groups in debate. Perhaps he expects you to cite examples of your claims for each?
Oh.

Not worth my time. The specific groups as I defined them are obviously conjecture, as is always the case in these matters. Each point I mentioned is a sufficiently well-known characteristic of certain feminists to anyone who isn't retarded.

I would agree. One can google individualist and collectivist feminism and find plenty of blogs and forums where Feminists debate the idea themselves.
True, I meant my examples specifically, but those are also good sources for the contrast.
hahahalolwut
Where Pretty Lies Perish
hahahalolwut

sure, why not.

my understanding is that it is a good idea, and there are other things we fund because they are good ideas, and this is at least as good an idea as those other good ideas, so it too should be funded

not "free s**t is my right! rasanlkanfknasknflknsalf"

Then we are in agreement.
Andy Worhal
Where Pretty Lies Perish
Andy Worhal
How is it bullshit?
honestly, because you're not saying what i want to hear

the title was misleading
Ok, fair enough.
hahahalolwut
We Do Not Kneel

where hate-crime legislation would create a situation where man-on-woman murder is punished harder than woman-on-woman murder, do you not agree that this is a two-tiered justice system?

no. hate crime is defined as crime with specific purpose, for example to create fear and spread hate. if a man kills a woman, that alone does not constitute a hate crime. if he kills her, while carving "i hate women" into her ribs cage then that is a hate crime, committed with specific intent. it should be punished more harshly. it creates a two-tiered justice system the same having first and second degree murder does.
We Do Not Kneel
hahahalolwut
We Do Not Kneel

no. hate crime is defined as crime with specific purpose, for example to create fear and spread hate. if a man kills a woman, that alone does not constitute a hate crime. if he kills her, while carving "i hate women" into her ribs cage then that is a hate crime, committed with specific intent. it should be punished more harshly. it creates a two-tiered justice system the same having first and second degree murder does.

no, it doesn't.

first degree murder is premeditated, intentional killing. second degree is unplanned, intentional killing.

the specific motivation is irrelevant. that there was motivation at all, on the other hand, is.

killing someone because you hate them is just as bad as killing someone because you hate a group they belong to.
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel
Where Pretty Lies Perish
We Do Not Kneel

you

In what way? In an ideal system of justice, everyone is treated equally. Aberrations of equal treatment mean a person gets punished more severely for assaulting a member of a specified group. Granted, it has to be shown that there was malice against the victim's group, but that isn't hard to manufacture, as seen here.

Even if we grant the ludicrous supposition that enforcement would be done equally without regard to which group was attacked, it's still unjust because it suggests that one reason to commit a crime is somehow worse than other.

Why should one be given a more severe punishment if his crime was done out of hatred for a group rather than hatred of an individual. The victim is affected equally, so the only other justification is to assert one vet of values over another under the threat of violence. Weren't liberals supposed to be against the government encouraging one set of beliefs over another? Or was that only with regard to Christianity?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games