Welcome to Gaia! ::

worse than i seem
Robot Macai
Marluxiana
Resid3nt
Marluxiana
No one's saying it supersedes anyone except you.

No, you are. Feminism is by definition action for equal rights for women. Only women.

Quote:

But by saying it's obsolete, you're saying that, well, all this stuff doesn't happen. That women are equal.

No
Quote:
Adjective
No longer produced or used; out of date.
Verb
Cause (a product or idea) to be or become obsolete by replacing it with something new: "we're obsoleting last year's designs".
Synonyms
antiquated - out-of-date - outdated - old-fashioned

Where does it say, in obsolete, "it doesn't happen"?

It's obsolete because it excludes everyone that hasn't got a v****a of equality debates.
It doesn't mean that your struggle for equality is undermined. It does mean that the way you are doing it, steps on everybody else.
So, then, you're saying women don't deserve equal rights?

Or are you one of those morons who honestly believes feminism is JUST about women and not equality between sexes and OMG EQUALISM!!!! and other MRA bullshit?
Women already jhave equal rights. Name one thing men are allowed to do that women are not.

So racism no longer exist either, correct?
Still waiting for you to name one.

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
Marluxiana
Resid3nt

No, you are. Feminism is by definition action for equal rights for women. Only women.

No

It's obsolete because it excludes everyone that hasn't got a v****a of equality debates.
It doesn't mean that your struggle for equality is undermined. It does mean that the way you are doing it, steps on everybody else.

Or are you one of those morons who honestly believes feminism is JUST about women and not equality between sexes and OMG EQUALISM!!!! and other MRA bullshit?
Women already jhave equal rights. Name one thing men are allowed to do that women are not.

You didn't answer my question and your original comment was not directed towards me.
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
Marluxiana
Resid3nt

No

You didn't answer my question and your original comment was not directed towards me.
I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

On a legal level about what a person is allowed to do, there aren't any active ones

(however my state has a strange one about a husband owning his wife's hair that really should be taken off the books at this point).

Now answer mine, do you believe racism no longer exists.
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

On a legal level about what a person is allowed to do, there aren't any active ones

(however my state has a strange one about a husband owning his wife's hair that really should be taken off the books at this point).

I do think racism exists.

Anyway, the fact that all of the active policies are not actually discriminatory, but women still b***h and complain because they don't serve the interests of the female demographic enough is, quite frankly, telling. Feminists, and to a lesser extend, women collectively have some very serious entitlement issues that they need to address. The world does not owe them a living any more than the world owes me one. Their interests are no more important than mine.

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

Anyway, the fact that all of the active policies are not actually discriminatory, but women still b***h and complain because they don't serve the interests of the female demographic enough is, quite frankly, telling. Feminists, and to a lesser extend, women collectively have some very serious entitlement issues that they need to address. The world does not owe them a living any more than the world owes me one. Their interests are no more important than mine.

To use your own words:

Minorities already have equal rights. Name one thing whites are allowed to do that minorities are not.
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

To use your own words:

Minorities already have equal rights. Name one thing whites are allowed to do that minorities are not.
Nothing. That doesn't stop racism from existing.

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

To use your own words:

You mean like how the law doesn't stop sexism from existing?

You can't have it both ways. We either look at it from a strictly legal standpoint or we look at it from a cultural one where racism and sexism are still issues that need to be fought against.

Because if you dismiss this argument against racism, you have to dismiss your own against sexism.

To illustrate this even further:

Anyway, the fact that all of the active policies are not actually discriminatory, but civil rights activists still b***h and complain because they don't serve the interests of the minority demographic enough is, quite frankly, telling. Civil rights activists, and to a lesser extend, minorities collectively have some very serious entitlement issues that they need to address. The world does not owe them a living any more than the world owes me one. Their interests are no more important than mine.
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

To use your own words:

You can't have it both ways. We either look at it from a strictly legal standpoint or we look at it from a cultural one where racism and sexism are still issues that need to be fought against.

Because if you dismiss this argument against racism, you have to dismiss your own against sexism.

Anyway, the fact that all of the active policies are not actually discriminatory, but civil rights activists still b***h and complain because they don't serve the interests of the minority demographic enough is, quite frankly, telling. Civil rights activists, and to a lesser extend, minorities collectively have some very serious entitlement issues that they need to address. The world does not owe them a living any more than the world owes me one. Their interests are no more important than mine.
Yeah, no. I don't have to dismiss it against sexism. "Equal rights" does not mean you get treated the same by everyone on all levels. It means the rules governing your acceptable conduct, especially in a legal sense, are the same. You are conflating "equal rights" with "equal results." The two are not the same.

Women aren't entitled to being regarded as on-par with men, or whatever. Neither are blacks. If the rules governing the conduct of men and women are the same, there is "equal rights" between men and women. If the rules governing the conduct of blacks and whites are the same, there is "equal rights" between whites and blacks.
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai
worse than i seem
Robot Macai

To use your own words:

Yeah, no. I don't have to dismiss it against sexism. "Equal rights" does not mean you get treated the same by everyone on all levels. It means the rules governing your acceptable conduct, especially in a legal sense, are the same. You are conflating "equal rights" with "equal results." The two are not the same.

Women aren't entitled to being regarded as on-par with men, or whatever. Neither are blacks. If the rules governing the conduct of men and women are the same, there is "equal rights" between men and women. If the rules governing the conduct of blacks and whites are the same, there is "equal rights" between whites and blacks.
Rules being the same on paper doesn't mean that they're practiced. You know this, Macai. I know you know this. Rules may be there, but it doesn't mean they're listened to or obeyed. Otherwise, we wouldn't have judges ruling that, oh, she wasn't REALLY raped because she didn't fight back, even if she was under the threat of death and terrified and virtually tied down.

I mean, s**t, just look at the last election RE: minorities. The GOP tried their damndest to discount racial minority votes by passing restrictions with registration and what forms of ID could be used.
Phallic Wonderland
I like the OP but there are people that will say that it is never enough and never will be enough because of past transgressions... like reparations. It's bullshit.

they wouldnt be people who actually have a lot to say besides that

also that noise doesn't last long when they realize their morons being replaced by something better. :3
Jacque De Molay
I'm incredibly happy that women can become engineers and not be yelled at. I'm happy that a man and women can both wear pants and smoke a cigar without being looked at as an eyesore.
What is there to be angry about? Feminism is women wanting equal rights and in the modern day their rights are pretty much secured. How can you be against that without being a misogynist? Women don't have to just keep having kids. Women can do as they please without having their rights violated. I might argue that Feminism is losing it's necessity because most women have their rights secured and aren't expected to pop out 5 kids but I wouldn't argue that Feminism is bad. Our society is becoming more automatic and people don't have to worry about fitting sex roles because we're not having to support a tribe anymore. We have the luxury of Skinny Jeans,Hybrids, Starbucks and Coca-Cola! We don't have to take action because of a dire need to keep the tribe alive anymore. We can take action because we feel like taking action.

I'm happy that our society is abundant and can afford Feminism. What do you think?

Thank you for existing cat_surprised

Also, i know it seems irrelevant but its not... quoting for truth:

Quote:
It may not feel like it, but 2012 has been the greatest year in the history of the world. That sounds like an extravagant claim, but it is borne out by evidence. Never has there been less hunger, less disease or more prosperity. The West remains in the economic doldrums, but most developing countries are charging ahead, and people are being lifted out of poverty at the fastest rate ever recorded. The death toll inflicted by war and natural disasters is also mercifully low. We are living in a golden age.

To listen to politicians is to be given the opposite impression — of a dangerous, cruel world where things are bad and getting worse. This, in a way, is the politicians’ job: to highlight problems and to try their best to offer solutions. But the great advances of mankind come about not from statesmen, but from ordinary people. Governments across the world appear stuck in what Michael Lind, on page 30, describes as an era of ‘turboparalysis’ — all motion, no progress. But outside government, progress has been nothing short of spectacular.

Take global poverty. In 1990, the UN announced Millennium Development Goals, the first of which was to halve the number of people in extreme poverty by 2015. It emerged this year that the target was met in 2008. Yet the achievement did not merit an official announcement, presumably because it was not achieved by any government scheme but by the pace of global capitalism. Buying cheap plastic toys made in China really is helping to make poverty history. And global inequality? This, too, is lower now than any point in modern times. Globalisation means the world’s not just getting richer, but fairer too.

The doom-mongers will tell you that we cannot sustain worldwide economic growth without ruining our environment. But while the rich world’s economies grew by 6 per cent over the last seven years, fossil fuel consumption in those countries fell by 4 per cent. This remarkable (and, again, unreported) achievement has nothing to do with green taxes or wind farms. It is down to consumer demand for more efficient cars and factories.

And what about the concerns that the oil would run out? Ministers have spent years thinking of improbable new power sources. As it turns out, engineers in America have found new ways of mining fossil fuel. The amazing breakthroughs in ‘fracking’ technology mean that, in spite of the world’s escalating population — from one billion to seven billion over the last two centuries — we live in an age of energy abundance.

Advances in medicine and technology mean that people across the world are living longer. The average life expectancy in Africa reached 55 this year. Ten years ago, it was 50. The number of people dying from Aids has been in decline for the last eight years. Deaths from malaria have fallen by a fifth in half a decade.

Nature can still wreak havoc. The storms which lashed America’s East Coast in October proved that. But the speed of New York City’s recovery shows a no-less-spectacular resilience. Man cannot control the weather, but as countries grow richer, they can better guard against devastation. The average windstorm kills about 2,000 in Bangladesh but fewer than 20 in America. It’s not that America’s storms are mild; but that it has the money to cope. As developing countries become richer, we can expect the death toll from natural disasters to diminish — and the same UN extrapolations that predict such threatening sea-level rises for Bangladesh also say that, in two or three generations’ time, it will be as rich as Britain.

War has historically been humanity’s biggest killer. But in most of the world today, a generation is growing up that knows little of it. The Peace Research Institute in Oslo says there have been fewer war deaths in the last decade than any time in the last century. Whether we are living through an anomalous period of peace, or whether the risk of nuclear apocalypse has proved an effective deterrent, mankind seems no longer to be its own worst enemy. We must bear in mind that things can fall apart, and quickly. Germany was perhaps the most civilised nation in the world in the 1920s. For now, though, it is worth remembering that, in relative terms, we have peace in our time.

Christmas in Britain will not be without its challenges: costs are rising (although many children will give quiet thanks for the 70 per cent increase in the price of Brussels sprouts). The country may be midway through a lost decade economically, but our cultural and social capital has seldom been higher — it is hard to think of a time when national morale was as strong as it was during the Jubilee and the Olympics. And even in recession, we too benefit from medical advances. Death rates for both lung and breast cancers have fallen by more than a third over the last 40 years. Our cold winters still kill people, but the number dying each year halved over the past half-century. The winter death toll now stands at 24,000 — still unacceptable in a first-world country, but an improvement nonetheless. Britain’s national life expectancy, 78 a decade ago, will hit 81 next year.

Fifty years ago, the world was breathing a sigh of relief after the Cuban missile crisis. Young couples would discuss whether it was responsible to have children when the future seemed so dark. But now, as we celebrate the arrival of Light into the world, it’s worth remembering that, in spite of all our problems, the forces of peace, progress and prosperity are prevailing.
Marluxiana
Funny, because you sure seem to ignore that equal rights for women includes women of varying races, religion, etc.

But then you'd not have nothing to smack those silly wimminz with, huh?

Lemme guess: women get special treatment and the poor menz, women always get custody!

If anybody is ignoring anything, is you.

Feminism, in fairly modern history, never was directed to anyone except White Women. In more recent times, it is directed for women, but excludes other struggles by other groups.

Feminism isn't successful because it's obsolete. It ignores completely religion and ethnicity. It ignores cultural problems outside the men-women dichotomy in which it is involved. It never has the goal to mend any problem, as it is based in solely on rights of women.

By doing so, it fails to reach a simple conclusion: there are problems that cannot be mended by attacking a dichotomy. They can be a deeper cultural problem.
An example is the state of women in Muslim Countries. Feminism isn't going to do s**t because it isn't going to fix the root of it: Religion shaping cultural tradition.
Instead of having feminism as a tactic, how about going for the the big elephant in the room? Like push Secularism? From that, equal rights would come naturally.

Feminism also steers away natural allies of equal rights for everyone, by "remembering" that I should be sorry for being white and a man. Or just a man. That also works.

Therefore, Feminism is obsolete. As a movement, an ideology and as a tactic.
It's either everyone or nobody. Your v****a doesn't carry any more privilege than the Pashtun guy that is trying to feed his family.

Hilarious Prophet

Star Motif
Good Post. 2012 was a great year.

Aged Lunatic

Robot Macai

Front line combat duty in the military.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash