Welcome to Gaia! ::

Commander Kojiro
Nope. I treat Ultimate Spider-Man with high dignity.

as you should. i was referring to this, tho:

Commander Kojiro
Dictionaries are not useful? Better tell that to the websites and manufacturers, they'll have to rethink they're product.

Witty Lunatic

OKAY THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Ultimate Spider-Man is no longer in circulation. It was finished after the events of Ultimatum, in which Peter Parker nearl dies, and rebooted in Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, in which he does.

Then, after his death, the comic is called Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-Man, featuring the first black-hispanic spider-man in the history of the book.

I'm glad that I could clear this up.

Dangerous Dabbler

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
hahahalolwut
Ladykrome
You miss the point completely. It's about the fact that women are seen as different because they are women. You've even demonstrated it yourself by using the example that construction is typically a man's job and secretary is a woman's.

what

i'm talking about the "wage gap" myth

exactly. You make the assumption that companies are companies and that's it. They aren't run by robots, they are run by people.

Yes, you can say that it is in a companies best interest to pay someone as little as possible therefore they will hire women at lower prices and therefore they will hire more women, but that's not what actually happens.

For a successful business hiring, it has to juggle between productivity and wages. who is, essentially the best bang for the buck, and they hire people to specifically make those decisions.

People still make assumptions that women can't do or won't do as well in certain jobs and do better in other jobs. Your example being one of them.
Ladykrome
People still make assumptions that women can't do or won't do as well in certain jobs and do better in other jobs. Your example being one of them.

what

my example was that people who work in construction get paid more because there's a significant risk of death or injury, whereas people who work as secretaries don't have that risk and thus don't get that extra pay

edit: oh i see what you were getting at.

i work in construction. i've been seconded to hr when we need to do a large number of hires.

the reason that we almost entirely hire men is, wait for it, because that's who applies.

Witty Lunatic

I'm really surprised that this thread has so much negative feedback

Devout Seeker

Jacque De Molay
I'm incredibly happy that women can become engineers and not be yelled at. I'm happy that a man and women can both wear pants and smoke a cigar without being looked at as an eyesore.
What is there to be angry about? Feminism is women wanting equal rights and in the modern day their rights are pretty much secured. How can you be against that without being a misogynist? Women don't have to just keep having kids. Women can do as they please without having their rights violated. I might argue that Feminism is losing it's necessity because most women have their rights secured and aren't expected to pop out 5 kids but I wouldn't argue that Feminism is bad. Our society is becoming more automatic and people don't have to worry about fitting sex roles because we're not having to support a tribe anymore. We have the luxury of Skinny Jeans,Hybrids, Starbucks and Coca-Cola! We don't have to take action because of a dire need to keep the tribe alive anymore. We can take action because we feel like taking action.

I'm happy that our society is abundant and can afford Feminism. What do you think?

That's not feminism, it's called equality you know, that thing where people who are physically different are treated the same? who cares on gender, or race.
Dakio_Dragoon
That's not feminism, it's called equality you know, that thing where people who are physically different are treated the same? who cares on gender, or race.

if you think feminism means "pro-woman, anti-man" then you need to do some more reading, because generally speaking feminists believe that people should be treated equally.

Hilarious Prophet

Celebrez la Folie
I'm really surprised that this thread has so much negative feedback
As am I.
My cut and paste response to threads of this nature:

"Feminism obsesses over women's rights and relies on the patriarchy theory which claims that men are privileged over women, which in turn devalues the actual state of suffering men commonly go through.
Thus, feminism devalues the issues of men, or just non-females (and often anyone who hasn't a v****a) by simply existing in its current state."

Aged Conversationalist

What, what!?

This thread confuses the ******** outta me

Why is it good to be a feminist? Why can't people just be people for christ's sake, why can't people have equality without the radicalism?

Hilarious Prophet

mellifluous glass optics

"Feminism obsesses over women's rights and relies on the patriarchy theory which claims that men are privileged over women, which in turn devalues the actual state of suffering men commonly go through.
Thus, feminism devalues the issues of men, or just non-females (and often anyone who hasn't a v****a) by simply existing in its current state."
What is patriarchy theory?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jacque De Molay
mellifluous glass optics

What is patriarchy theory?

Men run everything. Which if it were the case then why is my friend offering to pay for dinner and drinks afterward only to call back 15 minutes later and say his wife said "no"?

Truth is, women run almost everything. Society is catered to the woman. Look at Marketing for example. Women are the prime target. Almost every commercial is about females unless it's selling men's deodorant or something silly.

Aged Conversationalist

As much I support equality between men and women I don't think I could ever be in a relationship with a feminist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff