Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Prophet

I'm incredibly happy that women can become engineers and not be yelled at. I'm happy that a man and women can both wear pants and smoke a cigar without being looked at as an eyesore.
What is there to be angry about? Feminism is women wanting equal rights and in the modern day their rights are pretty much secured. How can you be against that without being a misogynist? Women don't have to just keep having kids. Women can do as they please without having their rights violated. I might argue that Feminism is losing it's necessity because most women have their rights secured and aren't expected to pop out 5 kids but I wouldn't argue that Feminism is bad. Our society is becoming more automatic and people don't have to worry about fitting sex roles because we're not having to support a tribe anymore. We have the luxury of Skinny Jeans,Hybrids, Starbucks and Coca-Cola! We don't have to take action because of a dire need to keep the tribe alive anymore. We can take action because we feel like taking action.

I'm happy that our society is abundant and can afford Feminism. What do you think?
What? Should I be thankful that I am not routinely beaten, raped, denied jobs, and disregarded in any matters of importance? Like, 'settle in' just because things could be worse? It's one continuous battle, shitsack. It has to be, lest our achievements wither and become irrelevant. I reserve the right to be angry thank you.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I like the OP but there are people that will say that it is never enough and never will be enough because of past transgressions... like reparations. It's bullshit.

Hilarious Prophet

Dostya
What? Should I be thankful that I am not routinely beaten, raped, denied jobs, and disregarded in any matters of importance?
I'm thankful that I am not getting beaten, raped and denied jobs. 60 years ago a person who looked like me would be lucky to shine shoes. Women are not left out of any matter of importance in the modern day and that is good.
Quote:
Like, 'settle in' just because things could be worse? It's one continuous battle, shitsack. It has to be, lest our achievements wither and become irrelevant. I reserve the right to be angry thank you.
I don't understand why details of achievements should be relevant because shouldn't society just expect women to put in their all? A woman who is a firefighter or a successful entrepreneur isn't a big deal and neither is a male firefighter or entrepreneur because it's just a person doing their job.

Hilarious Prophet

Phallic Wonderland
I like the OP but there are people that will say that it is never enough and never will be enough because of past transgressions... like reparations. It's bullshit.
That's depressing because those people sound like they have the inability to be content. Who cares how many chromosomes you were born with when you're productive and helping society?
Jacque De Molay

You don't understand. You're expecting us to give you, essentially, thanks for not raping me today cards; or what about a goddamn hug. Congratulations, you're not an absolutely despicable person, you win the prize. OH GOD, I AM SO PRIVILEGED NOT TO BE RAPED AND MURDERED EVERYDAY. NOW IT'S JUST EVERY FEW YEARS STATISTICALLY. THANK YOU, MEN
Reason not to identify as a feminist; responses to your thread so far.

As far not believing in feminism making you a misogynist, that's ridiculous. I am not a member of the NRA; does that mean I disagree with the 2nd amendment? No. Just because your movement takes an ideal as of one of its tenants does not mean that ideal becomes indelible with your movement, so that anyone who believes in it MUST be part of your movement, or that if they aren't part of your movement they cannot possibly subscribe to that ideal.

I'm egalitarian and not a feminist.

Hilarious Prophet

Dostya

You don't understand. You're expecting us to give you, essentially, thanks for not raping me today cards; or what about a goddamn hug. Congratulations, you're not an absolutely despicable person, you win the prize.
I find such a practice to be grotesque and belittling towards the giver and receiver of such a card because it's embarrassing for everyone involved.
Quote:
OH GOD, I AM SO PRIVILEGED NOT TO BE RAPED AND MURDERED EVERYDAY. NOW IT'S JUST EVERY FEW YEARS STATISTICALLY. THANK YOU, MEN
That would sound awesome if you weren't thanking every man for such a great achievement. Getting raped less sounds like progress.

Hilarious Prophet

Tactical Leg Sweep

In egalitarian societies are differences like sex accepted or ignored?
Jacque De Molay
Tactical Leg Sweep

As far not believing in feminism making you a misogynist, that's ridiculous. I am not a member of the NRA; does that mean I disagree with the 2nd amendment? No. Just because your movement takes an ideal as of one of its tenants does not mean that ideal becomes indelible with your movement, so that anyone who believes in it MUST be part of your movement, or that if they aren't part of your movement they cannot possibly subscribe to that ideal.

In an egalitarian societies are differences like sex accepted or ignored?

Egalitarianism as a wider movement seeks to correct issues in pretty much all forms, be they racial, sexual preference, religious, economic and yes, gender and sex issues, instead of just focusing on sex and gender issues as feminism does.

Hilarious Prophet

Tactical Leg Sweep
Jacque De Molay
Tactical Leg Sweep

Egalitarianism as a wider movement seeks to correct issues in pretty much all forms, be they racial, sexual preference, religious, economic and yes, gender and sex issues, instead of just focusing on sex and gender issues as feminism does.
How do you correct issues without ignoring the problem or getting rid of the differences between people?

If you get rid of differences between people how will that be done?
As you see, you are being yelled at because you are not feminist enough.

Feminism is a bunch of bullshit. It centers itself on sex rather than equality rights between individuals.
Jacque De Molay
Tactical Leg Sweep
Jacque De Molay
Tactical Leg Sweep

How do you correct issues without ignoring the problem or getting rid of the differences between people?

If you get rid of differences between people how will that be done?

How do you correct them without ignoring the problem? That sounds like babble to me. As for getting rid of the differences between people, who said anything about that? There will be differences between people, not just grouped by religion, or sex or gender or race. No one said the differences have to removed. What people are saying is that there should be no group that has institutionalized discrimination being pitted against it.

Adored Admirer

I like the vitriolic person in this thread. Also, labels are s**t.

Hilarious Prophet

Tactical Leg Sweep
How do you correct them without ignoring the problem? That sounds like babble to me. As for getting rid of the differences between people, who said anything about that? There will be differences between people, not just grouped by religion, or sex or gender or race. No one said the differences have to removed. What people are saying is that there should be no group that has institutionalized discrimination being pitted against it.
Don't differences between people cause problems of discrimination?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff