Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is it misogynist or sexist? If so, how?

It is not misogynist or sexist. 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
It is & the authort made it that way to intentionally fight feminism. 0.125 12.5% [ 1 ]
it is, but not on purpose. 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
1 2 >

I think people are paranoid when they say the anime Sword Art Online is "sexist" or "misogynist". I've been to dictionary.com & it says a misogynist is "one who distrusts, dislikes, or hates women". Do you think these scenes are "sexist" or "misogynist" & do you think they should be banned & that they harm women's rights?: In the first 25 episodes of the series, six different girls fall in love with the main character, girl A of the six only falls in love with him the book version of the story, Girl B is told "stay behind those crystals" by the main character even though it is stated she is an accomplished mace wielder, & someone told me that that was "basically her being told to 'go to the kitchen'" because of her gender & when she disobeys, the dragon the main character is about to fight sees her & knocks both down a pit. Girl B realizes he is close to Girl C when she sees the earring he gave her, & decides NOT to tell him she loves him. Girl C is a strong redhead who can LITERALLY move a sword so fast that it looks like she isn't even moving. She becomes the lead characters mutual love interest & they have sex. After episode 15 she is captured along with 300 people in non-gender related circumstances beyond her control, then almost (ALMOST, but not quite raped twice & is rescued by the main character. Girls D & E only briefely hit on him by putting their breasts on his arm & girl F is his cousin. Personally I think none of this is any more sexist than the story of St. George, aka not at all.
Nah.

Japan's culture and entertainment is pretty misogynist, but this is not an example of it.
A skeletal plot outline of the harem really isn't enough to go on.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
GSK Lives
Nah.

Japan's culture and entertainment is pretty misogynist, but this is not an example of it.

GSK, YOU'RE ALIVE!

User ImageUser Image

SO HAPPY.

toasega

You might not be so happy when you hear me talking again...
-Soul in this universe-
I think people are paranoid when they say the anime Sword Art Online is "sexist" or "misogynist". I've been to dictionary.com & it says a misogynist is "one who distrusts, dislikes, or hates women". Do you think these scenes are "sexist" or "misogynist" & do you think they should be banned & that they harm women's rights?: In the first 25 episodes of the series, six different girls fall in love with the main character, girl A of the six only falls in love with him the book version of the story, Girl B is told "stay behind those crystals" by the main character even though it is stated she is an accomplished mace wielder, & someone told me that that was "basically her being told to 'go to the kitchen'" because of her gender & when she disobeys, the dragon the main character is about to fight sees her & knocks both down a pit.

Whoever said it was the equivalent of telling her to stay in the kitchen is... an idiot. Being a much higher level player, Kirito knew that Lisbeth, despite being skilled, would NOT be capable of handling the dragon's attack. As a result, he told her to remain behind the crystals in order to keep her from getting herself killed, which she ALMOST did because instead of listening to him and staying out of sight, she had to stand out in the o
-Soul in this universe-
eady'.

By the way, you claim its 6, but its only three. Lisbeth, Asuna, and Leafa, the first was really just an infatuation, not 'love'. As for Leafa, i think hers was more infatuation as well, because near the end she'd pretty much gotten over her attraction.

-Soul in this universe-
Girl B realizes he is close to Girl C when she sees the earring he gave her, & decides NOT to tell him she loves him.

That's because she wasn't in love, she was infatuated. Big difference.

-Soul in this universe-
Girl C is a strong redhead who can LITERALLY move a sword so fast that it looks like she isn't even moving. She becomes the lead characters mutual love interest & they have sex.

it is ASSUMED Kirito and Asuna had virtual sex, however, given their continued shyness in regards to too much skin being shown, i don't think they did. i think they just slept in the same bed together and had a relationship that was not sexual.

-Soul in this universe-
After episode 15 she is captured along with 300 people in non-gender related circumstances beyond her control, then almost (ALMOST, but not quite raped twice & is rescued by the main character. Girls D & E only briefely hit on him by putting their breasts on his arm & girl F is his cousin. Personally I think none of this is any more sexist than the story of St. George, aka not at all.

How is females being attracted to someone 'sexist'? That makes no sense. Flirting doesn't mean six people 'fell in love' with him.

Wild Unicorn

It does sound a little iffy... but there really isn't enough here to go off. I'm curious about it now. I'll have to go look it up.
Anything that makes females feel uncomfortable in the slightest is deemed to be misogynistic.

That's because as a society we don't have enough respect for women to treat them like adults so we opt to treat them like delicate flower children.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
SirPuzzle
Anything that makes females feel uncomfortable in the slightest is deemed to be misogynistic.

That's because as a society we don't have enough respect for women to treat them like adults so we opt to treat them like delicate flower children.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
SirPuzzle

Beats the alternative, namely being treat like livestock, brood mares, or evil lizard people out to destroy your hobbies.

Dapper Conversationalist

Didn't even need to read it. Calling women "females" is sexist enough.
whateverfloats
Didn't even need to read it. Calling women "females" is sexist enough.
What?

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
GSK Lives
toasega

You might not be so happy when you hear me talking again...

As I've said before, even though you piss me off (SO MUCH) and we butt heads alot (again, SO MUCH), I do actually respect that you have the balls to form, and stick to, your own opinions (even if you might be a tad, just a TAD misguided).

Also, the only reason you piss me off is your absolute NEED to give particularly venomous replies where none are needed.

Also, you're really, really stubborn (although, I'm also stubborn).

And you never change your avatar.

And you never seem to be happy (and that makes me sad). Even though we're MORTAL ENEMIES, I still actually want you to be really happy and successful in your life, because I can't stand to see people miserable. Is that weird?

So yeah, despite our differences (NUMEROUS DIFFERENCES), I still give a s**t about you and what happens to you. If you could harness all of that passion and use it for good IRL, you'd be almost unstoppable (at least until I SHOWED UP, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).

Anyways, I wish you the best.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
GSK Lives
SirPuzzle

Beats the alternative, namely being treat like livestock, brood mares, or evil lizard people out to destroy your hobbies.

"Brood Mares"?

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
toasega
GSK Lives
SirPuzzle

"Brood Mares"?

A Brood mare is a mare used only for breeding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff