Welcome to Gaia! ::

do u believe wut i said in my post is true?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 9, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Enza Mk.III

They want equal rights, equal pay, and equal treatment for everything EXCEPT when it comes to violence.

Am I the only one who wodners why that's something to get angry over?
Pain4ever
even now in this highly developed society (or at least the USA) females have little rights not exactly rights here in the us females r mocked yes don't deny even females do it as an insult such as "u run like a girl" and say u r a girl well then DUHHH...ur a girl of course u "run like a girl" but if ur a guy there is no standard on HOW girls run some girls r faster then most of the male population and then there r girls who r just slow or incapable to run any faster then they do its not a crime!! or the famous "HAHA he laughs like a girl" once again its not a crime to laugh higher then the "Male standard" ppl act as if they do not realize every1 is unique i kno i sound like a parent but its true and also girls don't have a standard of how they laugh they can laugh high or low it doesn't matter.

then there is the most famous of all "Shes a girl she can't do it" in physical sports this is when this phrase is used most often well buddy boy i have some bad news for u most males believe they r superior to the entire human race well they r NOT (OMG r u serious.....ya) but it is also used for instance during a history project u have to come up w/ a war strategy well lets say 2 guys 1 girl the girl might have some great war prespectives while she tries to say her two cents the guys ignore her because well shes a girl girls don't kno anything HAHA how naive and stupid someppl can be.

well no offense to any guy u could possible not say or do or even think about those previous comments i made (which my i say myself i believe unfair because i think no being -female included- can not think of those it is just natural to assume that females r inferrior its wut we as teenagers have been brought up to believe -most of us anyways- which i believe i will change in the future biggrin drink to the future)

on average, females are not as strong as males, do not run as fast as males either.
i agree with a ton of the stuff you say
go you! mrgreen
Jed the Angsty Ghost
Enza Mk.III

They want equal rights, equal pay, and equal treatment for everything EXCEPT when it comes to violence.

Because if a girl hits me, no one would give a crap. On the other hand, if I hit a girl everyone would go overboard and call me a womanizing wife beater.

Somewhere in there they lost my support, simply because they still want special treatment due to being female, as long as it's positive. So it's not equal at all because.
Enza Mk.III

Somewhere in there they lost my support, simply because they still want special treatment due to being female, as long as it's positive. So it's not equal at all because.

I hope you know that's what they should be doing. Why the [********] would anyone want the negative side to anything? It's negative! THAT'S BAD!
Jed the Angsty Ghost
Enza Mk.III

I hope you know that's what they should be doing. Why the [********] would anyone want the negative side to anything? It's negative! THAT'S BAD!

You shouldn't want it, but you should get it.

A woman shouldn't attack a man unprovoked, just like a man shouldn't attack a woman unprovoked.

One thing that annoys me with the "equal rights" thing is standards are lowered for women in the military. If a man has to do 200 pushups for PT, a woman only has to do 100. I'm sorry, but if you're going into the military, you shouldn't get any slack. I don't care what your sex is. You better be fit to serve.
well, im glad you made the post. but i cant read it...
You have a worthy cause, just with a horrible argument. "You run like a girl" has nothing to do with rights. Sexism does. That would be the... obvious choice for an argument.

I agree though, sexism runs rampant.
I do not like feminists. They drive me up a wall. Don't think I'm close minded either because my entire English class has talked about it, including the girls. They all agreed that feminism is annoying. They have all the rights men have and if they don't, it's their own fault. Correct the problems with the female sex before you try to get men to correct their views. You're always laughing at degrading commercials, or wearing stupid David and Goliath "boys are smelly" shirts so it's your personal fault if you don't have the rights you want. I really can't think of any rights that men have that women don't, besides the fact that they can't show their chest at the beach. You can fight for that if you want to, couldn't care less stare
well all this developed from when most schools are made for guys... and women has the domestic role, so they do not go and "run". They do not go and "drink". So its said that people that cannot drink are like "girls". There is nothing wrong with laughign a bit high, drinking below the average male, running a bit slowly, but according to society you are less manly.... which makes you girly. (i hope that made sense). Anyways, there are lots of sterotypes, but hey, "you run like a girl" is used more like a cleche now, then actually meaning "you run like a girl."
Enza Mk.III
Jed the Angsty Ghost
Enza Mk.III

Because if a girl hits me, no one would give a crap. On the other hand, if I hit a girl everyone would go overboard and call me a womanizing wife beater.

This is completely untrue for some cases. If a boy hits me, I never let anyone try to defend me. I try to kick his a** by myself. And sometimes, I actually win xd
lacasso32
They all agreed that feminism is annoying.

Why?
Jed the Angsty Ghost
lacasso32

Why?
I'm not quite sure why all of them think it's annoying, but my teacher said it's annoying because she agrees that it's not a man's problem. She thinks it's what women do. She's made sure she was never man dependent and that's very respectable. Should my mom ever get a divorce from my dad, I don't think she could afford the house. My dad makes way more than her. If woman would learn to be dependent, and men were still disrespectful, I could understand the problem but this is not the case.
As for me, there are so many bigger problems. Why don't we battle some of the other social ills before we worry about those who have no real problems.

7,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
lacasso32
Jed the Angsty Ghost
lacasso32

Why?
I'm not quite sure why all of them think it's annoying, but my teacher said it's annoying because she agrees that it's not a man's problem. She thinks it's what women do. She's made sure she was never man dependent and that's very respectable. Should my mom ever get a divorce from my dad, I don't think she could afford the house. My dad makes way more than her. If woman would learn to be dependent, and men were still disrespectful, I could understand the problem but this is not the case.
As for me, there are so many bigger problems. Why don't we battle some of the other social ills before we worry about those who have no real problems.

You do know it isn't our fault that we aren't paid as much as men are, right? That there is PROOF that we are paid 25% less than you are, simply because we are female.

Feminism is about men and women having equal rights. This is not annoying. Extremists are. Let's figure out the right definitions for things before we start calling them annoying, hmm?
*shifty eyes* Can anyone get me a translator?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff