Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Do you think a mother should be able to kick a father from the delivery room even if they are still together?

Do you think a mother should have the ability to decide if a father's name should be on the birth certificate?
Yes

No, the details on a child's birth certificate have no relevance to the wishes of the mother, or father.
No, takes two. He is just as important as she is.

Tipsy Smoker

Fermionic
Yes

No, the details on a child's birth certificate have no relevance to the wishes of the mother, or father.
Currently a mother can decide not to put the father's name on the birth certificate. I did not put my lil girl's fathers name on the certificate because he is a violent man. Therefore he has no automatic rights to the child.
How about be a man and just leave when she asks? It would be the honorable and respectable course of action.
Chahklet
Fermionic
Yes

Currently a mother can decide not to put the father's name on the birth certificate. I did not put my lil girl's fathers name on the certificate because he is a violent man. Therefore he has no automatic rights to the child.

A thing I disagree with.

"He is a violent man" isn't inherently followed by "he has no automatic rights to the child". That's a moronic sentiment.

Tipsy Smoker

Fermionic
Chahklet
Fermionic
Yes

A thing I disagree with.

"He is a violent man" isn't inherently followed by "he has no automatic rights to the child". That's a moronic sentiment.
He tried to kill me 9 months pregnant.
Chahklet
Fermionic
Chahklet
Fermionic
Yes

A thing I disagree with.

Through what means?

Tipsy Smoker

Fermionic
Chahklet
Fermionic
Chahklet
Fermionic
Yes

A thing I disagree with.

Through what means?
Choking me, punching me. I had a concussion, contusion, and my entire face was bleeding. I had no feeling in my face for months.

Wily Leaf

16,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Dermezel2
How about be a man and just leave when she asks? It would be the honorable and respectable course of action.

How about you drop the gender-role shaming and accept that a father has the right to experience the birth of his child?

Now, for extreme situations, such as that shared by Chahklet, obviously we would have to make exceptions. If the mother feels the father presents a reasonable danger, then yes, the doctors should bar him from the room. However, the mother should be legally liable for making a fallacious claim such as that without any substantial evidence, if the father chooses to seek redress for the wrong. Otherwise, no, there is no reason to deny the father the same rights. His genetic material is present and he has automatic responsibilities to the child, so he has automatic rights to it as well.

Now, back to Dermezel: Using a specific group of abhorrent radicals to strawman an entire gender is incredibly cheap. It's almost like, I don't know, using Fred Phelps to demonize the entirety of organized religion.

Tipsy Smoker

Viscount
Dermezel2

How about you drop the gender-role shaming and accept that a father has the right to experience the birth of his child?

Now, for extreme situations, such as that shared by Chahklet, obviously we would have to make exceptions. If the mother feels the father presents a reasonable danger, then yes, the doctors should bar him from the room. However, the mother should be legally liable for making a fallacious claim such as that without any substantial evidence, if the father chooses to seek redress for the wrong. Otherwise, no, there is no reason to deny the father the same rights. His genetic material is present and he has automatic responsibilities to the child, so he has automatic rights to it as well.

Now, back to Dermezel: Using a specific group of abhorrent radicals to strawman an entire gender is incredibly cheap. It's almost like, I don't know, using Fred Phelps to demonize the entirety of organized religion.
I agree. Even if they don't get along, that is no reason to keep a man feom such an important event. Now I don't no how harmful stress is in the birth of a child. But I don't think it would cause unnecessary trauma. I've heard the argument that fathers should be barred if ir causes the mother stress.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
No to both things; a child needs a father, and denying them one is wrong

Aged Lunatic

Young King under Heaven

Even if he's abusive or absent?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
GunsmithKitten
Young King under Heaven

Even if he's abusive or absent?

I should rephrase: a child needs a father, and, assuming said father is not abusive and wants a relationship with said child, denying them one is wrong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff