Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Elder

Going to be blunt: I find morbid obesity and the "fat acceptance" campaign disgusting. I equally loathe size 0 models.

To models: The ideal woman to most men isn't a stick with the semblance of a prepubescent boy.
To "Fat Acceptance" Crowd: Yes, men like curves. Stop trying to shove it down my thoroughly that obese women and those straddling the border should be equally attractive to males. Some men are into it, but most are not.

My second point is there shouldn't be a push for a mainstream "beauty" standard that is archaic and proven to be the work of photoshop. Different people make different things work and a woman of average looks that is confident will always be infinitely more attractive than a victim of fads which exude low self-esteem.

This was either a really good post or I'll soon be ravaged by feminists to tell me why I'm wrong. That will be my determining factor.
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
ProjectLazy
lol what? Being gay doesn't spread aids.

a** sex does, my bad. Still, people shouldn't hate just because someone might get hurt.

a**l sex doesn't spread AIDs anymore than any other form of sex. Lack of protection does. However, not using protection is a choice and it would be stupid to not use any given the prevalence of AIDs in the gay community. I've been in said community for about two decades, and I've known a few people with AIDs. They were very careful to not spread it.

Likewise, one can protect one's self against obesity by eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise.

Should you ******** with somebody who has AIDS 'cause they cost extra or whatever, though? You shouldn't ******** with people with health problems.
I'm not sure what you mean by '******** with' or what relevance that has to the topic. Are you saying fat people are being ******** with here?

In this case, "******** with" means "refuse to accept".

If you don't accept somebody, you're telling them that part or all of their being is unacceptable. Which would be ******** up, right?
If someone gets AIDs they can't just get rid of it. It's there forever, incurable, and they will die from it. The same cannot be said for obesity. That is a choice. I don't pity obese people. I don't pity their position/plight/what have you, either. I'm not going to hate on them, but no, I won't accept their life choices. Not any more than that of a drug addict.
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

a**l sex doesn't spread AIDs anymore than any other form of sex. Lack of protection does. However, not using protection is a choice and it would be stupid to not use any given the prevalence of AIDs in the gay community. I've been in said community for about two decades, and I've known a few people with AIDs. They were very careful to not spread it.

Likewise, one can protect one's self against obesity by eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise.

Should you ******** with somebody who has AIDS 'cause they cost extra or whatever, though? You shouldn't ******** with people with health problems.
I'm not sure what you mean by '******** with' or what relevance that has to the topic. Are you saying fat people are being ******** with here?

If you don't accept somebody, you're telling them that part or all of their being is unacceptable. Which would be ******** up, right?
If someone gets AIDs they can't just get rid of it. It's there forever, incurable, and they will die from it. The same cannot be said for obesity. That is a choice. I don't pity obese people. I don't pity their position/plight/what have you, either. I'm not going to hate on them, but no, I won't accept their life choices. Not any more than that of a drug addict.

You shouldn't be a d**k to drug addicts, either. If they knew what they were trying was going to be cripplingly addictive, they wouldn't have tried it.
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

You shouldn't be a d**k to drug addicts, either. If they knew what they were trying was going to be cripplingly addictive, they wouldn't have tried it.
Not accepting someone's behavior/choices is not the same as being a d**k to them, let alone ******** with them.
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

Not accepting someone's behavior/choices is not the same as being a d**k to them, let alone ******** with them.

It is. You're either telling people that what they did was wrong and unacceptable, or you're holding an attitude like you're better than them. That's being a d**k, and if you can't give it up, just admit it, but don't pretend like pretending you're better than people makes you better than people.
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

It is. You're either telling people that what they did was wrong and unacceptable, or you're holding an attitude like you're better than them. That's being a d**k, and if you can't give it up, just admit it, but don't pretend like pretending you're better than people makes you better than people.

That's assumptive.

I don't accept it because it's dangerous and I care. Otherwise it wouldn't matter to me. Don't assume my intentions.
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

That's assumptive.

I don't accept it because it's dangerous and I care. Otherwise it wouldn't matter to me. Don't assume my intentions.

It's none of your concern. You don't need to care. People care about themselves, don't they? And if they don't, you think your outside influence is going to do anything?
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

That's assumptive.

It's none of your concern. You don't need to care. People care about themselves, don't they? And if they don't, you think your outside influence is going to do anything?
As a human being I have every right to care and be concerned. It's not a matter of whether you feel I should.

People often don't care about themselves.

It isn't about whether I can influence them. That isn't what care is determined by.
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

That's assumptive.

As a human being I have every right to care and be concerned. It's not a matter of whether you feel I should.

It isn't about whether I can influence them. That isn't what care is determined by.

You're only going to bring yourself down. There are always going to be fat people. If the fat people aren't bummed out about themselves, why should you be bummed for them? The less negative vibes floating around, the better, right?
Dakotapikpik
Going to be blunt: I find morbid obesity and the "fat acceptance" campaign disgusting. I equally loathe size 0 models.

To models: The ideal woman to most men isn't a stick with the semblance of a prepubescent boy.
To "Fat Acceptance" Crowd: Yes, men like curves. Stop trying to shove it down my thoroughly that obese women and those straddling the border should be equally attractive to males. Some men are into it, but most are not.

My second point is there shouldn't be a push for a mainstream "beauty" standard that is archaic and proven to be the work of photoshop. Different people make different things work and a woman of average looks that is confident will always be infinitely more attractive than a victim of fads which exude low self-esteem.

This was either a really good post or I'll soon be ravaged by feminists to tell me why I'm wrong. That will be my determining factor.

It was alright. You forgot about how the Establishment profits from women striving towards an impossible, suicidal ideal.

Barton Elder

deadroosters
Dakotapikpik

It was alright. You forgot about how the Establishment profits from women striving towards an impossible, suicidal ideal.

It was sprinkled here and there.

Improbable, but not impossible. I find the "Plastic Threshold" amusing though, the thresh hold where in the process of beautification through various methods, they inadvertently cross a line where all their efforts were in vain.
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

That's assumptive.

You're only going to bring yourself down. There are always going to be fat people. If the fat people aren't bummed out about themselves, why should you be bummed for them? The less negative vibes floating around, the better, right?
No I won't. I haven't, and I'm an activist in a number of rights movements. Simply caring about people enough to not accept a negative behavior is hardly exhausting.

Negativity is a part of life. I view the behavior to be negative, thus I will treat it as though it is negative. It does not mean I will treat the person as though they are negative.
Dakotapikpik
deadroosters
Dakotapikpik

It was sprinkled here and there.

Improbable, but not impossible. I find the "Plastic Threshold" amusing though, the thresh hold where in the process of beautification through various methods, they inadvertently cross a line where all their efforts were in vain.

Their profit is the main motivation for the phenomenon. Then again, only those who understand the level of hidden control America is under would even believe it.

Ah, that's always fun, but a depressing reminder of the general futility of life.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

deadroosters
Dakotapikpik

I think media and film industry have done a good Job turning that around. The average model has actually gone up In weight over the last 20 years. But I think you hit something important. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and something that subjective should never be a cornerstone of a movement.
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics
deadroosters
mellifluous glass optics

That's assumptive.

No I won't. I haven't, and I'm an activist in a number of rights movements. Simply caring about people enough to not accept a negative behavior is hardly exhausting.

Negativity is a part of life. I view the behavior to be negative, thus I will treat it as though it is negative. It does not mean I will treat the person as though they are negative.

If it bothers you, the bothering is a negative effect. You are negatively effected by your bother, and you're not the only one. Fat people already feel like s**t and are pretty much universally disliked. This care of yours is not helping. What would help? s**t, I dunno, change the way we look at public health and end up making good, healthy food and gyms free?

******** a rights movement, they ain't doing s**t. You're not going to stop oppression with activism when the oppressors have guns and broadcast stations. You need the majority of either one to really win.

Oh, and being fat isn't a behavior. You're not fatting, you're fat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff