Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you personally deal with someone who is an extreme introvert? If you are one, how do you deal with being one? Some people consider it a social handicap, a negative characteristic---is it? I don't think being an introvert of any level is any more a social handicap than being a pushy, loud, nosy extrovert. Moreover, introverts often hear what people seem to think is the simple end-all answer/cure to being an introvert, "Just go make friends. Talk to people." If you're an extreme introvert, then that's the whole problem---talking to random people doesn't come easily, so it's not so simple to just 'make friends.'

What do you all think?
I'm a fairly extreme introvert...It used to make me feel ashamed, and I used to try to force myself to become extroverted, but I eventually came to accept my introversion. It makes meeting people hard, though...As I never approach anyone, and people usually get frustrated and stop trying to get me to talk to them after a while...But I don't really care about meeting people, so it's fine.

I can't honestly say I know anything about dealing with other extreme introverts...But I can definitely say that there's nothing negative about it.
Le Cynique
I'm a fairly extreme introvert...It used to make me feel ashamed, and I used to try to force myself to become extroverted, but I eventually came to accept my introversion. It makes meeting people hard, though...As I never approach anyone, and people usually get frustrated and stop trying to get me to talk to them after a while...But I don't really care about meeting people, so it's fine.

I can't honestly say I know anything about dealing with other extreme introverts...But I can definitely say that there's nothing negative about it.

Yeah, I don't miss going to parties either.
i can be extremely extroverted cause im a chick and a loud mouth but i used to be very introverted and im glad for it. When i was young i was extremely quiet but i liked it because listening to people instead of always runing your mouth proved to be a rewarding quality. plus i prefer it when people are shy than obnoxious and oppinionated. thats right i dont like opinions! well only when they're being shoved in my face mad

so i say better an introvert than an extrovert!! <<im such a hypocrite
Stuch, its detective.
Kuragari1 PhD
How do you personally deal with someone who is an extreme introvert?
By spending time with them alone, because that's when they are most comfortable.
Quote:

If you are one, how do you deal with being one?
I simply refrain from large crowds if there is no reason to engage in them and no particular reward for doing so.

Quote:
Some people consider it a social handicap, a negative characteristic---is it?
That I am afraid depends, but to me not really. You cannot know what you missed, and the jealousy of doing stupid things, or seeing people do stupid things, seems to subside quickly enough.

Quote:
I don't think being an introvert of any level is any more a social handicap than being a pushy, loud, nosy extrovert. Moreover, introverts often hear what people seem to think is the simple end-all answer/cure to being an introvert, "Just go make friends. Talk to people." If you're an extreme introvert, then that's the whole problem---talking to random people doesn't come easily, so it's not so simple to just 'make friends.'
Introversion isn't "Shyness"; as an introvert I can talk relatively well in small groups but like keeping my distance from larger ones if there is no particular goal in mind.
Stuch
Le Cynique

I stopped going to parties when I got tired of eating acid and having fat naked people on ecstasy touch my hair...
Le Cynique
Stuch
Le Cynique

I stopped going to parties when I got tired of eating acid and having fat naked people on ecstasy touch my hair...
You get tired of such things?
Spoot-Breaker
Stuch, its detective.

********, how the hell did that happen?
Stuch
Spoot-Breaker
Stuch, its detective.

********, how the hell did that happen?

It probably involved whiskey and 3am.
Le Cynique

I stopped going to parites when I got university and suddenly you were judged on how much "banter" (conversation) you had to share.
Spoot-Breaker
It probably involved whiskey and 3am.

Beautiful shot though, huh? Fincher has the eye.
Vosi
Le Cynique
Stuch
Le Cynique

You get tired of such things?
It gets old rather quickly...I'm also not incredibly fond of techno music...Or large groups of people.
Stuch
Le Cynique

I stopped going to parites when I got university and suddenly you were judged on how much "banter" (conversation) you had to share.

Parties, man.

And yeah, Fincher has a great visual style. As well as being able to back it up with great work on complex storylines and acting to match. Very rare to find both in one director.
Spoot-Breaker
Parties, man.

Which is why...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out